#1651 OFFLINE   ABZ RED

ABZ RED

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 02-June 08

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:27 PM

Saw Arnason looked fully competent once again for Iceland, against Mexico, for 90 minutes in California.

Edited by ABZ RED, 28 March 2018 - 10:28 PM.

#1652 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

Agreed. He was younger then & playing against older players than at development level.
He was also playing WITH lower level players at Ayr.
He just growing into the game now basically & at still a very young age (especially for a position that doesn't really allow as many mistakes as other positions do). Right now his size & strength is his main asset but when he keeps improving & learning the game at this level he is going to be fantastic.
McInnes will probably try & play him at LB to allow Considine to play as a Left winger or something though.

Well he DID (MT™) play a superb cross in from the left that should've resulted in a goal..........
I've moved to California

#1653 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:52 PM

Saw Arnason looked fully competent once again for Iceland, against Mexico, for 90 minutes in California.

Balls missed that, Levi's stadium too, not far from me
I've moved to California

#1654 OFFLINE   Panda

Panda

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

The Ayr thing is a bit of a red herring for me.
Some players are suited to a higher level of football.
McKenna seems to be one.

Are you saying McKenna couldn't do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke?

#1655 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,532 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

What a life. Good on the cunt
'Parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#1656 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 25,780 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Arnason & McKenna is our best defensive partnership & should have been ever since McKenna staked his place against Motherwell.
No question what so ever & if it is anything other than Arnasons fitness that has denied this, then McInnes is just being a cunt & a stupid one at that.

Very strange

Ding Dong

#1657 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Hello

• Members
  • 26,935 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

3-0 Mexico.

Arnason has not looked good for us this season, at all. 

Edited by Dynamo, 29 March 2018 - 06:50 PM.

#1658 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

We all know Arnasson is quality, but he's also old for a footballer, perhaps the coaches and him know how best to utilise him? Id think not in the games where the pitch is going to fuck him up for months
I've moved to California

#1659 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 25,780 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:08 PM

We all know Arnasson is quality, but he's also old for a footballer, perhaps the coaches and him know how best to utilise him? Id think not in the games where the pitch is going to fuck him up for months

So why sign him?

Ding Dong

#1660 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

So why sign him?

Why not? Do you think he was signed to play 40 games? I do think that him alongside McKenna is our best option in the centre an that'll probably be the case in most of the remaining matches
I've moved to California

#1661 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 25,780 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Why not? Do you think he was signed to play 40 games? I do think that him alongside McKenna is our best option in the centre an that'll probably be the case in most of the remaining matches

Fair enough te use him sparingly but to not use him at all meanwhile he goes off & plays full games for his country (like earlier in season) is us helping him & certainly not getting much in return.

Ding Dong

#1662 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Fair enough te use him sparingly but to not use him at all meanwhile he goes off & plays full games for his country (like earlier in season) is us helping him & certainly not getting much in return.

Yeah, it is strange overall, I wonder if he asked for some promise/stipulation on number of games etc when he came? Wonder what the deal was with the Cypriot team before he came here?
I've moved to California

#1663 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 25,780 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, it is strange overall, I wonder if he asked for some promise/stipulation on number of games etc when he came? Wonder what the deal was with the Cypriot team before he came here?

Well whatever the deal is it hasn't been good for us so far. More so him & his international career really.
If we only signed him to play sparingly & help just keep him fit for international games then it only highlights even more how oblivious McInnes was to our need for a good center half to play in the first team because hasn't even replaced a shite Ash Taylor then

Ding Dong

#1664 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Well whatever the deal is it hasn't been good for us so far. More so him & his international career really.
If we only signed him to play sparingly & help just keep him fit for international games then it only highlights even more how oblivious McInnes was to our need for a good center half to play in the first team because hasn't even replaced a shite Ash Taylor then

Maybe it was to bring along the other CBs (of which we have many) in which case it's worked with McKenna? We'll never know.....probably
I've moved to California

#1665 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

Are you saying McKenna couldn't do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke?

Fuck Stoke

#1666 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

Fuck Stoke

Right in the yolk
I've moved to California

#1667 OFFLINE   spamspamspam

spamspamspam

Spamfuckingtastic

• Members
  • 10,439 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

A large part of why McKenna has progressed so much this season will be down to training daily with a player the quality of Arnason.

If signing a 35 year old for a year to play in half the games we have and to bring on a couple of youngsters with his experience isn't good business then I'm not sure what is.
Tiger style

#1668 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

A large part of why McKenna has progressed so much this season will be down to training daily with a player the quality of Arnason.
If signing a 35 year old for a year to play in half the games we have and to bring on a couple of youngsters with his experience isn't good business then I'm not sure what is.

That’s what I said ;)

If that was the thinking behind it, well it worked. Similar but not quite the same effect as Anderson (which if McKenna copies the Reynolds model of deterioration after he left, get him sold while we can!)
I've moved to California

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users