For me Till done enough especially with the knock down in the 5th, I'm new to watching MMA but I think if you are coming to a big fight fighting the home town boy who is majorly hyped you've got to do more than Thompson, Till landed 10 more strikes than him, his front leg side kick in the second round was so good he should've stuck with that as it was causing Thompson a fair bit of trouble. As for Tills interview I genuinely think that's how he is, he's a tough cunt with a sketchy past, when he says he's not scared to fight anyone I believe that, it's just a shame he couldn't get his weight right, I know plenty of lads that fight that put themselves through hell to make weight so it's poor form for Pros to fail so bad.

For me Till done enough especially with the knock down in the 5th, I'm new to watching MMA but I think if you are coming to a big fight fighting the home town boy who is majorly hyped you've got to do more than Thompson, Till landed 10 more strikes than him, his front leg side kick in the second round was so good he should've stuck with that as it was causing Thompson a fair bit of trouble. As for Tills interview I genuinely think that's how he is, he's a tough cunt with a sketchy past, when he says he's not scared to fight anyone I believe that, it's just a shame he couldn't get his weight right, I know plenty of lads that fight that put themselves through hell to make weight so it's poor form for Pros to fail so bad.

That's not how it's scored though, is it? That was his only convincing round for me. Wonderboy easily took first. Three close rounds in between.

Wonderboy definitely had to be more aggressive.

I absolutely believe he isn't scared to fight anyone (£££) but it absolutely appeared to be bravado to me. Played top the gallery last night and it was lapped up. Would have looked a like a mongo anywhere else.

That's not how it's scored though, is it? That was his only convincing round for me. Wonderboy easily took first. Three close rounds in between.

Wonderboy definitely had to be more aggressive.

I absolutely believe he isn't scared to fight anyone (£££) but it absolutely appeared to be bravado to me. Played top the gallery last night and it was lapped up. Would have looked a like a mongo anywhere else.

I know that's not how it's scored but Wonderboy was constantly on the back foot, Till was the aggressor which can sway judges, I watched Joe Rogans fight companion at the same time as the fight and Brandan Schaub said it was Tills 4-1 taking in to account it was in Liverpool, it's a shame it works that way but going forward there should be some interesting fights.

Did you watch Bellator on Friday?

I don't actually know if he would beat him - I just hear folk going on about the Khabib guy and that he's got the power etc. I base the opinion on those who watch UFC - so I would watch the fight if it happens just in the hope Conor gets sparked out, as I hate that bastard.

I had to check, it wasn't even Nate Diaz fight. It just proves my point that I know absolutely fuck all about it. It was actually the fight against Eddie Alvarez I saw. I rest my case in my knowledge of UFC. I just don't get into it at all like some of you cunts.

There was some other fight that card I found decent. Woodley, ended in a draw - enjoyed that.

As for any other fights, I've either not watched, or I get bored. Glad I never watched last night put it that way.

Not being a dick but I think you are maybe mixing up fighters here as Khabib isn't a stand up guy and is known for his poor striking. He's a wrestler and throws guys about for fun. If you want to see him embarrassed, this could be the fight for you but would bet my mortgage it would take place on the ground.

The McGregor v Alvarez fight was very good. Nobody expected McGregor to win so handily.

I know that's not how it's scored but Wonderboy was constantly on the back foot, Till was the aggressor which can sway judges, I watched Joe Rogans fight companion at the same time as the fight and Brandan Schaub said it was Tills 4-1 taking in to account it was in Liverpool, it's a shame it works that way but going forward there should be some interesting fights.

Did you watch Bellator on Friday?

Aggressor is a bit ott for last night in my opinion. What he did do well was cut down space, but even looking at the stats it wasn't like he was throwing a constant flurry of strikes.

No, never really watched Bellator pal. It's always seemed a bit of a joke but I do believe they are getting some better talent to contracts now.

There should be more scope for draws in MMA and the scoring system should be revamped.

No one really deserved to win or lose that fight last night.

Agreed. For a hometown performance of a much-hyped fighter, I was disappointed with Till.

I don't think you'd have seen a performance like that from McGregor in Ireland, a young Bisping in Manchester etc.

Bellator reminds me of WCW to UFC's WWF. All a bit cheesy and cheap looking. There are some good cards though and should get better with the likes of McDonald, Mousasi and probably Yair Rodriquez moving across. McDonald v Mousasi will be a cracker.

Just watched Fridays. MVP is unreal, you don't often see a a guy quitting on his feet. Credit to Aaron Chalmers as well, he keeps winning and 1st round finishes.

Didn't know that, he is huge though but I was more meaning with him having that extra pressure on him he's not been able to perform to his best.

Maybe.

He isn't getting much sympathy due to previous quotes like this:

“I AIN’T NO WELTERWEIGHT,” HE CONTINUED. “I’M A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, WHAT I’M DOING. THE UFC SHOULD BAN IT BUT THEY CAN’T BECAUSE I DO IT NATURALLY AND I DO IT PROFESSIONALLY, AND NO ONE CAN DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT IT.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/darren-till/light-heavyweight-darren-till-says-shouldnt-legally-allowed-fight-welterweights/

• 1 month later...

It was a good card last Saturday night apart from the shite at the end with Brock and the Ngannu/Lewis fight.

Few good knock outs and wars. If you look past the Connor/Brock style shite its probably at the highest standard its ever been. Most divisions are stacked with decent fighters and younger ones coming through. Costa, Rountree and Dan Hooker all looked like beasts yesterday.

Cody v TJ and Dustin Poirier v Eddie Alvarez should be great fights over the next month.

Presume that Irish cunt and the serial puller out of fights haven't scheduled a fight yet?

Presume it has been spoken of, lots though? I want to like UFC but when I see folk like Lesnar at the weekend entering the octagon acting hald as well as thon CM Punk cunt, I can't take it seriously.

Conor's never pulled out of a fight. Once he's signed, it's locked in. Getting him in to the cage is another matter at the moment.

Lesnar is legit. Well past it though. CM Put k is another matter though. Guaranteed ppv draw and I can see why they did it. Giving him a second fight was more of an issue.

Liddell and Ortiz is not taking place in UFC though. Disgrace of a fight.

Conor's never pulled out of a fight. Once he's signed, it's locked in. Getting him in to the cage is another matter at the moment.

Lesnar is legit. Well past it though. CM Put k is another matter though. Guaranteed ppv draw and I can see why they did it. Giving him a second fight was more of an issue.

Liddell and Ortiz is not taking place in UFC though. Disgrace of a fight.

Watched CM Punks fight the other day, I can't work out how after training for a couple of years he can't punch or kick properly, even when he had it on the ground he was close to getting a hold in place but simply couldn't work out what or how to do it from the position he was in, was strange.

I never said he had... read it again.

Lesnar sells UFC as WWE it's cringy. CM Punk was a pointless circus that failed.

Agreed on last point.

Ah, McGregor v Khabib. Read that wrong pal. Khabib has indeed pulled out loads of times.

Lesnar is a big draw. Punk wasn't pointless from a money making point of view but it was obvious he'd never make it.

Watched CM Punks fight the other day, I can't work out how after training for a couple of years he can't punch or kick properly, even when he had it on the ground he was close to getting a hold in place but simply couldn't work out what or how to do it from the position he was in, was strange.

The first is even more embarrassing. Bisping announced before the first that punk had lost something like 15 out of 16 full sparring fights. It was a bucket list thing for him, but I agree he has nothing. He'd lost a few fights during his time as a wrestler so it wasn't like he was a bad ass going in to it.

The first is even more embarrassing. Bisping announced before the first that punk had lost something like 15 out of 16 full sparring fights. It was a bucket list thing for him, but I agree he has nothing. He'd lost a few fights during his time as a wrestler so it wasn't like he was a bad ass going in to it.

Sparring fights?

Wrestling fights?

Sorry, what?

:laughing: