Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

30 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Defender is going to be a 10-15 year thing hopefully into retirement - friend is heading back to Northern Ireland - should keep it's money & i can head up into Northern Cape/Namibia/Zambia/Botswana etc  

wrangler is a margin thing - 2019 is worth $4-$5K more than i paid, and the sheeple believe the dealers, when they now say MRSP or MRSP + Market Value Adjustment - I can still scratch out at a dealer 4.5% below Factory Wholesale Price (which is what dealers pay)  - I said buying  new in 2019 was a 1 time thing for me, but did it due to low depreciation  in US market for wranglers - normally keep my cars for 6-10 years, but a no brainer to sell high, and buy low, and then have a vehicle in hand to sell in 2-3 years time that people will think bought at MRSP in Covid times      

:suicide:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Defender is going to be a 10-15 year thing hopefully into retirement - friend is heading back to Northern Ireland - should keep it's money & i can head up into Northern Cape/Namibia/Zambia/Botswana etc  

wrangler is a margin thing - 2019 is worth $4-$5K more than i paid, and the sheeple believe the dealers, when they now say MRSP or MRSP + Market Value Adjustment - I can still scratch out at a dealer 4.5% below Factory Wholesale Price (which is what dealers pay)  - I said buying  new in 2019 was a 1 time thing for me, but did it due to low depreciation  in US market for wranglers - normally keep my cars for 6-10 years, but a no brainer to sell high, and buy low, and then have a vehicle in hand to sell in 2-3 years time that people will think bought at MRSP in Covid times      

Reeled a few in 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Quite fancy getting a banjo. 

Anyone here play the banjo?

Excellent choice, youl be playing dualing banjos by tea time.as long as you like finger picking, or Spanish guitar previously?, if your starting afresh with no guitaring background you will struggle. Get the finger picks, itl help

42 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Excellent choice, youl be playing dualing banjos by tea time.as long as you like finger picking, or Spanish guitar previously?, if your starting afresh with no guitaring background you will struggle. Get the finger picks, itl help

I've a guitar that I'm genuinely terrible at playing, so I figured banjos are smaller, they're probably easier to play. 

17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I've a guitar that I'm genuinely terrible at playing, so I figured banjos are smaller, they're probably easier to play. 

Too play them well it’s harder unfortunately, really need nimble as fuck fingers, more dexterous, the better, happy plucking

• 3 weeks later...

Bought myself a #33 Wood Plane, some wood chisels, and am looking around for a manual hand drill. 

Tried 3 tool shops, none of them had a manual hand drill. One of them even asked if it was "An Amish thing" I was doing.

Hand drills on Amazon look fucking garbage. Might have to pick up an antique Billy on ebay. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Bought a wee pair of Bose wireless earbuds last week. £109. Terrific sound and hold a charge for a decent while. 

No complaints over the sound from these either. They are an older model but in perfect working order and got both for less than the price listed here (plus a canvas painting and a couple of lamps!). 
https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/speakers/smart_home/soundtouch_family/soundtouch-10-wireless-system.html#v=soundtouch_10_black_eu_gb_ie