Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

If you cant find any correlation with the arguments yourself then I cant be bothered dealing with your stupidity.

So I didnt actually say I was happy with Logans constant back tracking?

I dont think I said I was happy with everything in the team either, more that I was happy to win comfortably at home and progress to the next round. It was you who started all your loser mentality nonsense.

So I didnt actually say I was happy with Logans constant back tracking?

I dont think I said I was happy with everything in the team either, more that I was happy to win comfortably at home and progress to the next round. It was you who started all your loser mentality nonsense.

Of course you didnt say it. I was taking the piss out of your argument.

So clarify for me. Is your position that you cant be both happy to win comfortably AND be critical of particular aspects where weaknesses are evident?

• Downvote 1

Logan backs off because he’s been coached not to dive in, it works more often than not because in the SPFL the player running at him will make a mistake and he can mop up or jostle/usher them out of play. It’s when the backing off leads to a goal that we get rightly pissed off, all about decision making at key moments. Our whole defence has been guilty of backing off runners while DM has been in charge

Logan always has backed off a little too much. He is clearly told to do so but he shouldn't be backing off to the extent he often does.

He allows players to run at him & INTO the box far too often. Yes backing off, slowing the attacking player a little to give our other defenders time to get back in position is sometimes required but he should be making the tackle, or forcing the player the make his move before he gets as far as the box. This is one of Logans biggest defensive faults I have noticed a few times. Certainly something I hope he is working on improving, as it is so obvious it will become a target for other teams, much like Andy Considine is for his pace & weakness in tracking his man.

Logan always has backed off a little too much. He is clearly told to do so but he shouldn't be backing off to the extent he often does.

He allows players to run at him & INTO the box far too often. Yes backing off, slowing the attacking player a little to give our other defenders time to get back in position is sometimes required but he should be making the tackle, or forcing the player the make his move before he gets as far as the box. This is one of Logans biggest defensive faults I have noticed a few times. Certainly something I hope he is working on improving, as it is so obvious it will become a target for other teams, much like Andy Considine is for his pace & weakness in tracking his man.

Our whole team does it though, which is why it was a surprise when Chidiebere came on and got stuck into the opposition instead of sitting back and letting them play?

Our whole team does it though, which is why it was a surprise when Chidiebere came on and got stuck into the opposition instead of sitting back and letting them play?

This pretty much sums up why we beat the cannon fodder teams that undo themselves as we sit back but are convincingly beaten by Celtic and even Rangers who both have good enough players to take advantage us as we sleepily sit off them.

• Upvote 1

Of course you didnt say it. I was taking the piss out of your argument.

So clarify for me. Is your position that you cant be both happy to win comfortably AND be critical of particular aspects where weaknesses are evident?

Did I say you couldn't? I merely commented that some people seem to always be moaning and complaining no matter what happens. I really don't know why you are still banging on about this.

Did I say you couldn't? I merely commented that some people seem to always be moaning and complaining no matter what happens. I really don't know why you are still banging on about this.

and some people seem to always be moaning and complaining when people say anything negative about Aberdeen. Like how we should have won more cups while the competition was weakened over the years even though what we have done in the league during this same period has been good.

Because we're from Aberdeen!!!

:soapbox:

Haha yup, end thread

and some people seem to always be moaning and complaining when people say anything negative about Aberdeen. Like how we should have won more cups while the competition was weakened over the years even though what we have done in the league during this same period has been good.

Nope, end thread :laughing:

• Upvote 1

This pretty much sums up why we beat the cannon fodder teams that undo themselves as we sit back but are convincingly beaten by Celtic and even Rangers who both have good enough players to take advantage us as we sleepily sit off them.

I retract my end thread.......yes, this. We either attack until the opposition lets in a goal or two, then we sit off once we think the job is done, sometimes we seem to do it when we havent scored, is it a fitness thing sometimes or is it the famous "game management"??

We're too used to it working against the weaker teams and don't have an alternative or plan B as it's called, when it goes wrong and doesn't work against a stronger team. That's the reason why we won't get past the qualifiers in Europe and yet still be the best of the rest in Scotland, we can't adapt well

• Upvote 1

I retract my end thread.......yes, this. We either attack until the opposition lets in a goal or two, then we sit off once we think the job is done, sometimes we seem to do it when we havent scored, is it a fitness thing sometimes or is it the famous "game management"??

We're too used to it working against the weaker teams and don't have an alternative or plan B as it's called, when it goes wrong and doesn't work against a stronger team. That's the reason why we won't get past the qualifiers in Europe and yet still be the best of the rest in Scotland, we can't adapt well

We don't have a plan A in the bigger games. Well we do but is not very good. Even our plan A in regular games would be better in the bigger games but our plan A in the bigger games is one based on fear & respect of the opposition.

We don't have a plan A in the bigger games. Well we do but is not very good. Even our plan A in regular games would be better in the bigger games but our plan A in the bigger games is one based on fear & respect of the opposition.

Knew I shouldn't have mentioned "Plan B"

Another annoying trait of Logan is the way he turns his back to the ball when someone goes to shoot. Makes it easy for the opposing player to feign a shot and make more space for himself, also makes Logan look like a bit of a shitebag.

Well that's unfair, he obviously spends a lot of time/money on his grooming, so why ruin it?

You said people were not happy we won 4-2 and were into the next round (no one said that) and needed to cheer up. So you clearly failed to understand that you can be both.