Our Best Starting Xi And Formation...

You'd think this far into the season we'd know what it is... Whilst it's exciting not knowing who the fuck is going to start when the team sheet comes out does DMc know what his best starting XI with the squad he now has is ? For the life of me I still don't know what it is...

Time to go back to the tried and tested 4-2-3-1 ? Who's even best for that ?

Have at it...

Dek will persist with 4.2.3.1 so, we should line up like thus.

Lewis

Logan

Considine

AOC

Arneson

Shinnie

McLean

Christie

Stewart

GMS

May

That would give us the best balance i feel but certain individuals aren't playing anywhere near good enough to make the team good enough.

I'd agree that's probably our best side on paper. We need some of our better players to start finding their form though as they've been pretty inconsistent so far.

Lewis

Logan

Considine

AOC

Arneson

Shinnie

McLean

Christie

Stewart

GMS

May

That would give us the best balance i feel but certain individuals aren't playing anywhere near good enough to make the team good enough.

I'd have Tansey in for McLean...hun cunt...but otherwise spot on.

Lewis

Logan

Considine

AOC

Arneson

Shinnie

McLean

Christie

Stewart

GMS

May

It is the strongest lineup when all on form I agree with that, but I'd be playing Tansey in place of McLean at the moment

Id be happy enough to try that line up. Stewart is a player, no question, and very hard to shift off the ball once he has it but clearly isn't a winger in the traditional sense. Bit like McGinn in fact. Appears instead to be a fat bastard in the traditional sense.

Haven't seen Ball live yet so not fair to comment. Suspect he was brought in with a view to keeping size for set pieces IF we swop Shinnie for Consi.

Kenny is a wee bit the same as Stewart, decent ball player, better attitude displayed on Saturday than Stewart and in fact most of them for that matter but whatever role he's been told to play it just isn't working for him. When they were playing their back 5 Shinnie was deep and Maclean more advanced which, a few needless Hollywood Beckhams apart, seemed to work apart from the final killer ball into the box. But they were so shite it was clearly just a matter of time. When they matched us up with their back 4 for whatever reason it was Kenny who ended up deep and we basically got overran.

Torn between persisting with Wright for the unknown factor or GMS. Wright rotating with GMS, Maclean rotating with Christie and Rooney rotating with May (if fitness is an issue for him) seems the obvious play.

Don't believe in swopping GMS or Wright onto the right wing. Doesn't work.

'Mon to fuck Stewart, get yer shit together at inside right and there's a team there.

Lewis

Logan

Considine

AOC

Arneson

Shinnie

McLean

Christie

Stewart

GMS

May

It's fairly fucking simple. Not sure why McInnes keeps fucking about with it.

Only ones up for debate in their are Mclean (for Tansey) and Stewart (for Wright), the rest is spot on. If only McInnes would stop trying to be a smart arse :rolleyes:

Shinnie is no longer a LB, so why do folk still insist in wanting him to go back there?

He's a far better midfielder than he ever was at LB so can we please forget that he played there a wee bit in the past for another side.

Playing him at LB now is just the same as wanting any of our other midfielders to play there.

It's like Arnason, he once was a midfielder but not anymore. He's a better CH than midfielder & he should only ever get in the first team as a defender unless we are desperately short in midfield.

• Upvote 1

Get ready for work

Don't worry, no-one needs your opinions on anything

Go on, be the best you can be

Lol at the mug that thinks he's a super scout & knows anything about football.

Go & apply for that CEO job at BT & prove everyone on here wrong.

Only you could do something so awesome. You know, the kind of stuff they make movies about.

Telesales/support to CEO against all beliefs. Whilst still having time to scout players & help Aberdeen to become the dominant force in football again.

This is how your head works

• Upvote 1

Shinnie is no longer a LB, so why do folk still insist in wanting him to go back there?

He's a far better midfielder than he ever was at LB so can we please forget that he played there a wee bit in the past for another side.

Playing him at LB now is just the same as wanting any of our other midfielders to play there.

It's like Arnason, he once was a midfielder but not anymore. He's a better CH than midfielder & he should only ever get in the first team as a defender unless we are desperately short in midfield.

Shinnie was a left back before, he didn't just play a wee bit there.

People just want someone who is more mobile at left back than Considine I think.

Considine has been fine and whilst he does lack speed he is strong, solid and has a good positional awareness now. It is quite cleat he is not the problem.

For some reason the influx of new players has caused people to start thinking who can be replaced next and the target appears to be Considine. As such people go into games specifically watching for his faults.

Christie goes awol second half of the home leg against the Bosnians. Solution - change the left back.

AFC fail to score in Cyprus. Solution - change the left back.

Dons only manqge to beat Hamilton by 2 and 1 goals. Solution - change the left back.

The right back fucks up against ross county twice to lead to their goal. Solution - change the left back.

Christie passes the ball straight to a Dundee player who then scores. Aha we've fucking got him now - change the left back.

Killie cause all sorts of problems down the right hand side. Solution - change the left back.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1