Amateur/junior Football

Aye, point needed for Culter from last 3 games for title and already in final of other cup. Heading out to Crombie on Tuesday night, hopefully to see title clinched.

Hopefully they do it on Tuesday then as we've got them in our last league game on Thursday. I'll be off the pitch before the final whistle if they secure it against us, ha ha

Stonehaven for me(Juniors) although as comittee member & physio rather than a player unfortunately.

We've got Culter away next Saturday, our last game of a pretty inconsistent season but games against them are never lacklustre affairs so should be a decent game.

Good luck for tonight Florin by the way!

Bon accord am I right? Where abouts do you play? Were you the old loon marking me for the first 20 mins then had to be swapped?? ;)

Bon Accord is correct - play in goals - had a bit of a mare against you guys first game crossing wise etc....

Any news of where and when the final is ?

Yes, the final will be at Culters ground one week today. 7.30pm kick off.

Lost 2-1 to Culter last night in final league game. Not a bad effort since we had a striker and full back playing at centre half, a debutant at right back and a winger at left back. Hopefully have some of our crocks back for next week

Yes, the final will be at Culters ground one week today. 7.30pm kick off.

Lost 2-1 to Culter last night in final league game. Not a bad effort since we had a striker and full back playing at centre half, a debutant at right back and a winger at left back. Hopefully have some of our crocks back for next week

Best o' luck pal. I'll definitely come out and see that. Heading out to Maud on Sunday too, to watch the Glens league cup final. Hopefully see (one of) my old clubs getting their hands on more silverware. Also the promotion/relegation play off out at Ellon on Wednesday.

Incidentally G, how are you getting on with the Will's?

Best o' luck pal. I'll definitely come out and see that. Heading out to Maud on Sunday too, to watch the Glens league cup final. Hopefully see (one of) my old clubs getting their hands on more silverware. Also the promotion/relegation play off out at Ellon on Wednesday.

Incidentally G, how are you getting on with the Will's?

Cheers ollie. Best of luck to the glens in the next week as well. Also one of my former clubs and still know a fair few of them that's there. Be good to see them back up in the premier.

Getting on fine with the wills so far and they seem to like me so happy enough

Got thumped yesterday 6-0 by Kincorth. Someone mentioned the boy Hutchins!? Cracking player. Saved his pen a minute before half time to keep it at 0-0 at HT - however, our boys just collapsed 2nd half!

Got thumped yesterday 6-0 by Kincorth. Someone mentioned the boy Hutchins!? Cracking player. Saved his pen a minute before half time to keep it at 0-0 at HT - however, our boys just collapsed 2nd half!

Hutchie was always a good player but as a kid was a real ned could have played at a decent level if he had screwed the head, good to see he still playing though.

Just back from the Glentannar v Lossie United game, 4-2 Glens well worth their win good game considering the blustery conditions.

Impressed with Glens keeper great handling and a cracking kick from hand for their 3rd goal also their No 11 had a real sulk when he got hooked.

Aye, chuffed for the glens getting their hands on a trophy. Still know quite a few of the boys there and will probably go out to their playoff against Longside to get promoted at Ellon on Wednesday. 7.30pm KO if anyone is interested.

Aye, chuffed for the glens getting their hands on a trophy. Still know quite a few of the boys there and will probably go out to their playoff against Longside to get promoted at Ellon on Wednesday. 7.30pm KO if anyone is interested.

Just back from the Glens v Longside game. An absolutely incredible finish. Longside 1 up going into second half injury time when Glens had a goal disallowed for offside. Eventually equalised in the 47th minute and had a goal disallowed in the 48th minute again for offside. Eventually going down in penaltie. Big Neily the Glens keeper was distraught at the end but should be proud of himself as he did more than most to keep them in the game with 3 or 4 outstanding saves.

Just back from the Glens v Longside game. An absolutely incredible finish. Longside 1 up going into second half injury time when Glens had a goal disallowed for offside. Eventually equalised in the 47th minute and had a goal disallowed in the 48th minute again for offside. Eventually going down in penaltie. Big Neily the Glens keeper was distraught at the end but should be proud of himself as he did more than most to keep them in the game with 3 or 4 outstanding saves.

Longside could have been 4 or 5 up going by what some of the Longside boys have been saying but a little help from the Lino has possibly kept them up they also say?

Longside could have been 4 or 5 up going by what some of the Longside boys have been saying but a little help from the Lino has possibly kept them up they also say?

Definitely. Big Neil had 3 or 4 outstanding saves before the bizarre ending. The first looked offside from my position but the second looked as if the Glens player had ran from behind the player who's shot was parried by the Longside keeper. A sore one for the Glens but Longside were probably worthy winners imo

There was a very healthy crowd. Having spent almost 8 years at Glentanar I was obviously willing them to go up but Have a great respect for Longside as you always had great tussles up there but were always welcoming and had some some good wee sessions in the club after games, so hats off to them. First piece of silverware for Glentanar in 6 years at the weekend there so obviously heading in the right direction. Onwards abd upwards

Definitely. Big Neil had 3 or 4 outstanding saves before the bizarre ending. The first looked offside from my position but the second looked as if the Glens player had ran from behind the player who's shot was parried by the Longside keeper. A sore one for the Glens but Longside were probably worthy winners imo

e6prh3.png

If you mean like that :itch-chin: ..with orange players being other team..then the red player is offside.

e6prh3.png

If you mean like that :itch-chin: ..with orange players being other team..then the red player is offside.

Ha ha, crackin' diagram.

Not quite how it panned out though. Everything in the same position but put two or three of those broon dots between the keeper and closing down the guy taking the shot and there you have it = nae offside

Banks o' Dee 7-1 Sunnybank. Sunnybank flew out the traps and scored after 2 minutes then couldn't work out from then on if they were really really bad or if 'Dee were really really good.

Think it was a bit of both,the young boy Jordan up front for Banks o' Dee was outpacing the defence for fun! I felt and most probably looked well out of place selling raffles/doing the gate duty wearing just a t-shirt and trackie bottoms when the Banchory and Glentanar committee boys were suited and booted!

Delighted at last night. Horrible start but after first 10 mins or so we picked up and took control. Young Jordan Leyden mentioned above scored a second half hat trick and they couldn't live with him. Shame he's off to cove in the summer as he'll be a big miss as will Michael fyfe who scored two and has been brilliant lately. Looks as though he'll be going highland league next season as well which is a shame but always liable to happen to the best junior players