Sevco Thread

"One of the most talented players Scotland has ever produced".

Rose tinted specs, if he hadn't had the knee injury he'd have gone Rangers-> Morton-> Albion Rovers -> Ayrshire Juniors within about three years of that match.

It's like the guy that was a bit of a dick while he was alive but he died early so suddenly he was a saint and you can't say anything bad about them.

Rose tinted specs, if he hadn't had the knee injury he'd have gone Rangers-> Morton-> Albion Rovers -> Ayrshire Juniors within about three years of that match.

He would have probably followed the path of Derek Ferguson.

Ferguson was a talented player who went down the Scottish route of pissing away his talent.

Milan,Inter and Man Utd were apparently sniffing round... haha

I might get slaughtered for saying it but I remember the hun prick being a decent player,but not one the most talented players Scotland has ever produced!

Durrant was just potential at that point.

No one knows what he might have went on to but It's just as likely he would have turned out somewhere between talented but lacking the intelligence and commitment types like Derek Ferguson & Steve Fulton or just boring and actually just massive overrated like Paul McStay.

Our media would big up Rangers and Celtic players quite incredibly back in the day and would constantly making up shit about Juventus or Bayern about to swoop on the latest OF wonder kid or whatever. None of which ever happened, ever.

• Upvote 3

Durrant was just potential at that point.

No one knows what he might have went on to but It's just as likely he would have turned out somewhere between talented but lacking the intelligence and commitment types like Derek Ferguson & Steve Fulton or just boring and actually just massive overrated like Paul McStay.

Our media would big up Rangers and Celtic players quite incredibly back in the day and would constantly making up shit about Juventus or Bayern about to swoop on the latest OF wonder kid or whatever. None of which ever happened, ever.

Well there was that time Lewis Macleod when to Brentford.

Lots of shite players have *a* good game or two. Tony Watt scored against Barcelona you know.

The Simmy thing probably saved Durrant's career. By the time it had happened Durrant had already been involved in a number of pub brawls and kebab shop handbaggery. Chances are he'd have drank or fought himself into footballing obscurity, instead he was allowed & encouraged to wallow in self pity and was indulged by the orcs over the years into eventually having a half-decent career (on paper) on name alone.

Meanwhile the real tragedy is that a genuine talent, a multiple league, cup and European competition champion was hounded out of the Scottish game. THAT, to me, is what should be bizarre.

• Upvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

Lots of shite players have *a* good game or two. Tony Watt scored against Barcelona you know.

The Simmy thing probably saved Durrant's career. By the time it had happened Durrant had already been involved in a number of pub brawls and kebab shop handbaggery. Chances are he'd have drank or fought himself into footballing obscurity, instead he was allowed & encouraged to wallow in self pity and was indulged by the orcs over the years into eventually having a half-decent career (on paper) on name alone.

Meanwhile the real tragedy is that a genuine talent, a multiple league, cup and European competition champion was hounded out of the Scottish game. THAT, to me, is what should be bizarre.

Correct that is the real tragedy but the Orcs and the Media won't entertain that Simmie was indeed hounded out as it was they who did the hounding.

Mention Simmie's name to an Orc and even now they begin frothing at the mouth and start snarling incoherently.

Mind you, they do that anyway.

Durrant was nothing outstanding as a player and certainly not the greatest thing since sliced bread any rabid Hun would have you believe.

It was the physio who fucked his knee anyway, lugging the lump off the park on his back.

• Upvote 2

Charlie Miller of his day

Durrant was better than Miller but I agree with the general sentiments that he gets overrated by the Scottish media and the orcs. I've seen better midfield players at Aberdeen. Strachan and Bett for starters. I'd say Jess at his best was a better all round midfield player.

The orcs (and the media) froth at the mouth with outrage at the mere mention of Simpson's challenge on Durrant but Willie Henderson deliberately stamping on John McMaster's head (he needed the kiss of life) funnily enough gets nowhere near the same coverage despite being far worse. Henderson admitted that it was a deliberate act only that he meant to do it to Willie Miller instead of McMaster. Simpson has never admitted he deliberate tried to do Durrant. Yet his challenge gets by far the more coverage in the Scottish media even 30 years later. Strange that eh?

• Downvote 1

Durrant was better than Miller but I agree with the general sentiments that he gets overrated by the Scottish media and the orcs. I've seen better midfield players at Aberdeen. Strachan and Bett for starters. I'd say Jess at his best was a better all round midfield player.

The orcs (and the media) froth at the mouth with outrage at the mere mention of Simpson's challenge on Durrant but Willie Henderson deliberately stamping on John McMaster's head (he needed the kiss of life) funnily enough gets nowhere near the same coverage despite being far worse. Henderson admitted that it was a deliberate act only that he meant to do it to Willie Miller instead of McMaster. Simpson has never admitted he deliberate tried to do Durrant. Yet his challenge gets by far the more coverage in the Scottish media even 30 years later. Strange that eh?

Are you comparing Durrant to Strachan and Bett? If yes, get fucked.

• Upvote 1

I agree with some of what you write, but Durrant dived and it was Willie Johnston, not Henderson. Disgusting man who now by the look of him on that Argentina '78 documentary that was aired recently is close to death. Won't be a day too soon.

I agree with some of what you write, but Durrant dived and it was Willie Johnston, not Henderson. Disgusting man who now by the look of him on that Argentina '78 documentary that was aired recently is close to death. Won't be a day too soon.

You're right. For some reason I always get Johnston and Henderson mixed up. Easily done as both are horrible hun cunts.

• Downvote 1