The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

common sense version would be the opportunity to merge league 2 and 3 into an 18 team division playing each other twice and not bothering to add 2 further mouths to the trough surely the wee teams will not want the existing pot of prize money further diluted by adding more teams to the set up

Why not create 3 tiers, and have an 18 team premiership?

Would mix things up a great deal, won't be playing the same 11 teams 3/4 times a year at least.

Football in this country definitely needs restructured.

Putting aside the blatant OF bias in the Colt team plan for a minute....

Does anyone see the benefit in expanding the Championship to 12 teams and 44 games?

And whats the benefit in expanding the total number of teams in the SPFL as a whole?

If anything they should be reducing the number of teams

Fucking mental the amount of "professional" clubs we have in this country.  2 divisions with regional feeder leagues is what's required.

This exactly. Teams like Albion Rovers having to travel to places like Montrose and Elgin is pointless. We have good clubs in the Highland and Lowland League who can easily step up now and compete. Regional lower divisions would be massively more cost efficient for these smaller clubs. 

What was the chat with us and a colt team in the league ? My mate is adamant we were one of the 'top' league teams who wanted to enter a team.

(I wasn't sure we could (stand and) deliver this)

I read about it happening a while back, but i think it was pie in the sky stuff.

The idea of colt teams is an abomination. If that gets brought in and is set to serve those two cunting clubs, the whole of Scottish Football can fuck off.

You have to wonder what it takes to get morons likes Doncaster out of the game. Imagine sitting in a room with that prick and he starts spouting shit ideas like that. You would be forgiven for jumping over the table and smacking the gormless arsehole. 

Mind you, there will be fack all Milne will do anything about it. They all drink from the same cup and all that.  

• Upvote 1

Self preservation and greed is the main driver of policy.

Forget equality, fairness , value for money or whatever fans want who the fuck do fans think they are to have a say.

They do care what the fans think... just the fans of two clubs though. To fuck with the rest of us, we only make up the numbers and our own club chose not to make the system fairer. 

I read about it happening a while back, but i think it was pie in the sky stuff.

The idea of colt teams is an abomination. If that gets brought in and is set to serve those two cunting clubs, the whole of Scottish Football can fuck off.

You have to wonder what it takes to get morons likes Doncaster out of the game. Imagine sitting in a room with that prick and he starts spouting shit ideas like that. You would be forgiven for jumping over the table and smacking the gormless arsehole.

Mind you, there will be fack all Milne will do anything about it. They all drink from the same cup and all that.

It's going to be driving even more with Ajax being the new flavour of the month.

If it was more than sevco and celtic entering colts, would you accept them? Personally, if more teams were to do it, I don't see the harm. But if it's just to please that pair, it would be a no from me

It's amazing that Ajax gets brought up. They've gone on (for the moment) a one off crazy run to at least the CL semi finals and this is somehow attributed to them having a B team within the league set up. But this is apparently real evidence as to why Scotland (or let's be honest, Celtic and Sevco) should adopt this model. And I've no doubt those sitting round the board room table are nodding and going 'oh yeah, Ajax have a colt team and look at them'.

It's going to be driving even more with Ajax being the new flavour of the month.

If it was more than sevco and celtic entering colts, would you accept them? Personally, if more teams were to do it, I don't see the harm. But if it's just to please that pair, it would be a no from me

I wouldn't approve of it at all, even if there was 10 teams willing to do it. Surely the idea of a reserve league is just the same thing?

The idea the SFA/SPFL are promoting is that no colt can be promoted, so what purpose does it serve? IMO, all it does is make the youth players in the colt teams more experienced, but at the expense of the lower league teams. 

For me, it just cheapens the whole thing and makes teams like Montrose, Brechin etc feel isolated and inadequate, with their only purpose being to make sure the bigger teams do well. Fuck that. 

I think they can be promoted, just not into the top league

But a few years down the line I think we will see Celtic for sure and probably sevco  try to head off to either England or some new entity European league system. At that point you can bet your bottom dollar the colts teams are then allowed to get promoted into the SPFL and act as feeders to the ones elsewhere.

Dangerous ground if this is allowed to happen

I think they can be promoted, just not into the top league

But a few years down the line I think we will see Celtic for sure and probably sevco try to head off to either England or some new entity European league system. At that point you can bet your bottom dollar the colts teams are then allowed to get promoted into the SPFL and act as feeders to the ones elsewhere.

Dangerous ground if this is allowed to happen

This. Guaranteed a number of senior players will be allowed in the colt team. So that’s (say) 3 senior players that would otherwise be playing for SPFL opposition (this fucking up that league) who will now be playing AC Kingussie Rovers this fucking up that league as well.

And the englandshire feeder thing is a stick on as well.

This. Guaranteed a number of senior players will be allowed in the colt team. So that’s (say) 3 senior players that would otherwise be playing for SPFL opposition (this fucking up that league) who will now be playing AC Kingussie Rovers this fucking up that league as well.

And the englandshire feeder thing is a stick on as well.

I'm likely wrong but I'm sure the players in Spains colt teams etc can only be transferred during transfer windows?

The SPFL is a fucking disgrace along with the SFA a barrel full of rotten apples.

Im totally sickened of Scottish football and the way thaymt they have chosen to run it.

But almost as sickened wih us fans putting up with it. We moan like fuck and do fuck all about it.

So until you all put up then shut up.

Ive not attended a game since the league cup final as then i decided im not going to give the bent bastards anymore of my money

The SPFL is a fucking disgrace along with the SFA a barrel full of rotten apples.

Im totally sickened of Scottish football and the way thaymt they have chosen to run it.

But almost as sickened wih us fans putting up with it. We moan like fuck and do fuck all about it.

So until you all put up then shut up.

Ive not attended a game since the league cup final as then i decided im not going to give the bent bastards anymore of my money

Gonna delete your account then m8?

It's a made up story, peddled at the insistence of the bigot brothers.

They have already been told to fuck off by the majority of the affected lower league clubs re their 'colt' shite. They are getting quite desperate now.

Quite possibly aye, like all the transfer rumours with this rangers player or that being the subject of crazy money bids from China or whatever.

If so, shame on the BBC for propagating such shite.

• Upvote 1