The Prawcess

35 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

It's the mysterious term used to fool gullible people into thinking we're doing something different when we're actually just doing the same thing we've always done, but less successfully.

Are you trying to say that Glass is less successful than McInnes, after less than a season in charge? 

He might well turn out to be less "successful", and this really depends on what you define as success (trophies? Europe? Doing ok in the league?), but give him a chance ffs

26 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Are you trying to say that Glass is less successful than McInnes, after less than a season in charge? 

He might well turn out to be less "successful", and this really depends on what you define as success (trophies? Europe? Doing ok in the league?), but give him a chance ffs

Trophies are success. Not winning trophies is failure.

8 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Trophies are success. Not winning trophies is failure.

Trophies is what I'd base "success" on for a club like Aberdeen. Or at the very least, a good European run (getting past the qualifiers minimum) would be good for a club like ours, financially anyways.

It does seem that Aberdeen fans deem 1 out of 24, or a 4% win rate in trophies as successful these days. 

5 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Trophies is what I'd base "success" on for a club like Aberdeen. Or at the very least, a good European run (getting past the qualifiers minimum) would be good for a club like ours, financially anyways.

It does seem that Aberdeen fans deem 1 out of 24, or a 4% win rate in trophies as successful these days. 

Looking at it pragmatically, can we really expect anything more?

The arse cheeks are operating on budget somewhere between 7-10 times what we are on as best funded of the rest. Our advantage over Hearts is minimal, about 30% better than Hibs and 50% better than Kilmarnock. Even compared to Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren we arent on twice their budgets. Big enough that with competent manager we SHOULD finish above these teams in the league but not big enough that they can't pull off "shock" results in one off games on a fairly regular basis. Obviously including cup ties. 

I'd love to see us pulling in one major trophy every 3 seasons but realistically it isn't going to happen whilst the gruesome twosome are plying their trade here.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Looking at it pragmatically, can we really expect anything more?

The arse cheeks are operating on budget somewhere between 7-10 times what we are on as best funded of the rest. Our advantage over Hearts is minimal, about 30% better than Hibs and 50% better than Kilmarnock. Even compared to Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren we arent on twice their budgets. Big enough that with competent manager we SHOULD finish above these teams in the league but not big enough that they can't pull off "shock" results in one off games on a fairly regular basis. Obviously including cup ties. 

I'd love to see us pulling in one major trophy every 3 seasons but realistically it isn't going to happen whilst the gruesome twosome are plying their trade here.

Too early to start drinking :(

11 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'm not just talking about Glass - the "prawcess" is more than just Glass - it's this whole new mysterious strategy for the club which keeps getting talked about... while most things remain the same. The signing policy so far seems very similar to how it was under McInnes... the formation is pretty much the same as under McInnes... the football for most of the season has been just as uninspiring as it was under McInnes... and the results have been worse than under McInnes. 

Based on the first half of the season he's less succesful than McInnes. He might well go on to become more succesful, but I will be very surprised if Stephen Glass wins anything as manager of Aberdeen. There's no real signs of progress from what i can see. Maybe you're seeing something different though. If we start showing signs of progress in the second half of the season then I'll give him more time. If not, what's the point? If there's no progress in 18 months we're clearly wasting our time.

• Upvote 2

It’s the snake oil salesman’s strategy for making a cunt of ‘his’ Aberdeen fans.

Similar to the one that Sevco’s various chairmen used on the Orcs but on a smaller scale & without the added real piss taking of share options just to stretch out the piss taking further ?

I think he named one of the scams AberDNA or something as well. 

Next one will be called ‘I beg your parDON’ 

followed by a Twitter message later saying he never promised us ArmagedDON