James Maddison

Just listened to his interview (over the phone) on red TV and he's definitely an attacking midfielder. Said himself that he's a number 10 and his role is to bring goals and assists. He does say he can play deeper or wide but I can't see that being the case. Hopefully a holding center mid to come but the later it gets I'm not so sure.

Looks like the type of player we need... albeit very lightweight. if he carries on with those Zidane roulettes it won't be long before Dave Mackay, or someone similar, splits him in half.

Should be a good deal for both clubs, he's get games and experience of first team football up here.

A 4 month loan? Hud mi back.

Ok. Credit to Deek. Needed a creative midfielder and I doubt anyone expected to see a 6m* player arrive. 6 month loan not ideal but same principle applies.

Secondly we haven't lost any of our first 11. That has to be a positive.

Thirdly we couldn't score in a brothel in our first four games. A squad of Rooney, Storey, Burns, Hayes and McGinn with Stockley for options and now Madzer to feed them you must surely think the goals will come.

But we are undoubtedly the footballing equivalent of a dough ring / polo mint. And that was before we lost Jack. Certainly it's doubtful we have the personnel to manage games out at 1-0.

Time will tell. Overall 7.5/10

*. That's 6m in EPL Monopoly money.

4 month loan...pretty pish if you ask me regardless of who it is.

Come January back to square one, hopefully we can extend it to the full season at some point, definitely seems highly rated.

Saying that he'll be here long here to win the league cup :trophy:

4 month loan is indeed pish but I'd rather that than fuck all. Come January we'll be in a position to either try and keep him or sign someone else in the January window. A season long loan means fuck all anyway. Look at Danny Ward last year for evidence of that.