James Maddison

What did he actually say anyway?

Always seems to compliment the club when asked and told Lowe he should definitely come here on loan.

Crikey, fair time ago now so can't remember any specific comment. I think burns didn't like the city and hadn't settled. Maddison was just dismissive about coming back. He said he'd rather play in the second team with Norwich...which I think he did actually go on to do in fairness.

Crikey, fair time ago now so can't remember any specific comment. I think burns didn't like the city and hadn't settled. Maddison was just dismissive about coming back. He said he'd rather play in the second team with Norwich...which I think he did actually go on to do in fairness.

At least you answered this time. Looks like I asked at the time and was blanked!

Looks like it worked out best for the loon anyway. Burns, not so much.

The vast majority on here couldn't get over the fact that he didn't want to come back on loan. Even now people can't accept that the boy was and is simply a different class to anything at AFC.

"Ryan Christie is better". Megalolz.

No one said that. Christie did do more for us that season though. Fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Millertime, on 11 Oct 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

Sorry, no

He has played on the left numerous times for Leicester and excelled

Playing on the left doesn't mean a winger

He's been deployed in a midfield three, in front of a double pivot, whenever I've seen him for Leicester - that's only 3 or 4 occasions. On the left-hand side of that three - but in no way shape or form, has he been a winger (in the games I've seen anyway!). The full back for Leicester, Chilwell and the Portuguese guy, were providing the width. They were up and down all day!

When he played with us, it was predominantly wide on the left - where he was wasted IMO. McInnes always plays with width in the midfield.

Just goes to show we used him poorly for the majority of his time here. I have no idea why McInnes is so keen to stick players out wide that don’t play in that position.

He was clearly a class above us but still had a bit to learn as wel while he was here.

Spoke fondly of his time at Aberdeen and still in touch with McInnes apparently. Got the impression he was grateful for getting a chance up here anyway.

Not the first time I've heard about McInnes keeping in contact with former players. Is he just a friendly guy who makes bonds and cares or is he always wanting to keep the option open to bring them home?

Probably pissed off guys like Maddison had to piss off because they made him look 'good'.

Not the first time I've heard about McInnes keeping in contact with former players. Is he just a friendly guy who makes bonds and cares or is he always wanting to keep the option open to bring them home?

Definitely the latter.

It's one of his strengths, he actively maintains contact with good players once they move on and knows that occasionally it pays.

The May signing was an example although obvs that's not worked out well in that case.