Holidays 2018

minijc

Booked our holiday yesterday, for going in June.

Newcastle - Amsterdam Car Ferry (again)

Long weekend in Amsterdam (again)

2 weeks at holiday park in the Netherlands (a change from Germany last year)

20 days all in, including travel time.

I love this annual June expedition. The only thing which beats getting wired into dinner while sailing out of Newcastle, is getting wired into Breakfast while sailing into Amsterdam. The return sailing is thoroughly depressing though, work awaits over the horizon.

Booked our holiday yesterday, for going in June.

Newcastle - Amsterdam Car Ferry (again)

Long weekend in Amsterdam (again)

2 weeks at holiday park in the Netherlands (a change from Germany last year)

20 days all in, including travel time.

I love this annual June expedition. The only thing which beats getting wired into dinner while sailing out of Newcastle, is getting wired into Breakfast while sailing into Amsterdam. The return sailing is thoroughly depressing though, work awaits over the horizon.

We have different interpretations of getting wired in Amsterdam

Where you going CS min?

3 nights in Amsterdam, then 2 weeks at a rural holiday park nr Apeldoorn. Cant wait. Put my holiday form in at work today - they didn't know what hit them.

(I love Amsterdam, think that since my first visit in 2002, there has only been 2 or 3 yrs where I haven't managed at least one visit.)

We usually go to these parks in Germany (well the last 2 yrs) so this is a change for us. We saw some of the dutch ones had dated accomodation, but this one is great and will be ideal for the munchkins. Its well sited to visit eg Arnhem and Utrecht.

Ive been to Arnhem before, in 1990 (age 12!) and we saw all the paratrooper stuff, so keen to revisit that. In 1990, it was me, my dad and my grandad - we were en route to East Berlin, as the wall had just come down - so it will be poignant to go back.

Utrecht has a cracking Church (prob several) I am keen to see -St Willibrords - not least because it hosts the traditional liturgy, which I will attend.

So if you are in Amsterdam early june, look out for a tall, handsome Scotsman - probably quite pale and with slitty eyes :laughing:

By all means hit us with some recommendations to do / visit etc.

Lol

The hoge veluwe is probably the highlight of that area.

Big national park with a Van Gogh museum in the middle.

The park next to it ( veluwezoom) is popular with cyclists. It’s hilly.

Stayed there in a brilliant glam piste with on site boozer for the few residents.

:cool:

There’s a good open air museum next to the zoo just outside Arnhem.

Deventer, home to jimmy calderwood has a nice (small) city centre.

Further away are the best cities, all in the randstaad.

But do-able on a day trip.

• Upvote 1

Lol

The hoge veluwe is probably the highlight of that area.

Big national park with a Van Gogh museum in the middle.

The park next to it ( veluwezoom) is popular with cyclists. It’s hilly.

Stayed there in a brilliant glam piste with on site boozer for the few residents.

:cool:

There’s a good open air museum next to the zoo just outside Arnhem.

Deventer, home to jimmy calderwood has a nice (small) city centre.

Further away are the best cities, all in the randstaad.

But do-able on a day trip.

Cheers mate. Surprised to hear there is a hilly park in the netherlands. I think I have yet to see a single hill, in all of my visits there!

Most of our excursions will probably be chiefly for the kids, except my Arnhem paratrooper extravaganza.

I checked and Cologne is only 100 miles (as the crow flies) so maybe do-able (we got engaged there in 2011).