AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -
Match Thread

Motherwell 3 - 0 Aberdeen

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,824 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Depending on how McInnes wants to play he may stick Ball alongside Tansey and move Shinnie to left-back to try and force the team to play some football instead of the hoofball bullshit they seem to be reverting to.  Worked against Partick to an extent and hopefully with Arnason now fit and Ball looking nae bad we won't be so open at set pieces.

#32 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,911 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Out

@Foundry

Dons win AET

#33 OFFLINE   mavv1903

mavv1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

Out...working backshift.

I hope a 2-0 win..But we have to step up and play a lot better then we have been.

#34 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,744 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

BT son.

Great news.

Big shout out to the tea boy who clearly organised this.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#35 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Resident Hun apparently

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Great news.

Big shout out to the tea boy who clearly organised this.

It's the worst possible news for me. Being a miserable tight fisted cunt I only have Sky Sports which means I will have to go to my local to watch it and it will be my round as I managed to sneak out withoot standing my hand the last time. Even worse when it is my shout the bastards always order a nip with their pint, fuckers. Mind you I will have the consolation of getting pissed and you never know we might even win.

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

#36 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Nervous as fuck for this one. We don't go through and its like half the season done. League is always going to the stinky green part of Glasgow. Can really see Moult cunting us as well, might have a point to prove considering we didn't go back in for him. 

Optimist says 3-1 Dons.

Realist says struggle to a draw then its anyones AET

#37 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

It's the worst possible news for me. Being a miserable tight fisted cunt I only have Sky Sports which means I will have to go to my local to watch it and it will be my round as I managed to sneak out withoot standing my hand the last time. Even worse when it is my shout the bastards always order a nip with their pint, fuckers. Mind you I will have the consolation of getting pissed and you never know we might even win.

I switched from Sky Sports to BT Sports a few months ago as the BT Sports package shows a broader range of the SPL games rather than the Celtic and Rangers away season ticket you get with Sky. It's also cheaper although I accept you get less channels. As a boxing fan it works for me too as you get access to Box Nation with a BT Sports subscription so depending on what you watch it might work out a better deal.

Edited by aberdeen1970, 18 September 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#38 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 17,307 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Fuck that shite you old prick; get on the internet and view illegally via handy stream!
Fuck mingling in boozers right in the arsehole.

Winners - DWQ4, DWQ14, The James Wilson Show

#39 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

^^^ I was going to tentatively suggest something along those lines

#40 OFFLINE   The Cockney Don

The Cockney Don

Yiddo & a Don

• Members
  • 12,416 posts
  • Joined 31-October 13

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

Around 1700 tickets have been sold ahead of Thursday's night's Betfred Cup Quarter Final at Fir Park.

Tickets 27a1.png http://afc.co.uk/eTickets 

#41 OFFLINE   Diesel

Diesel

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 21-December 16

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

Depending on how McInnes wants to play he may stick Ball alongside Tansey and move Shinnie to left-back to try and force the team to play some football instead of the hoofball bullshit they seem to be reverting to.  Worked against Partick to an extent and hopefully with Arnason now fit and Ball looking nae bad we won't be so open at set pieces.

No way your not suggesting dropping Considine!changed your fuckin tune.

#42 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,911 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

Pretty good going - 1700. @Canada

Edited by Dynamo, 18 September 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   the sheep

the sheep

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 24-December 07

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

I fear the Moult!

#44 ONLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,918 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

Around 1700 tickets have been sold ahead of Thursday's night's Betfred Cup Quarter Final at Fir Park.
Tickets 27a1.png http://afc.co.uk/eTickets 

1701 I've found a 3rd mate.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#45 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Resident Hun apparently

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

I switched from Sky Sports to BT Sports a few months ago as the BT Sports package shows a broader range of the SPL games rather than the Celtic and Rangers away season ticket you get with Sky. It's also cheaper although I accept you get less channels. As a boxing fan it works for me too as you get access to Box Nation with a BT Sports subscription so depending on what you watch it might work out a better deal.

Thanks for the good advice, but unfortunately myself and that corporation are in the middle of a financial dispute. I had BT sport for just over two years and, although it was a good service, they kept hiking the price up. The upshot was I phoned to complain and found myself speaking to a young Indian advisor who I could not understand what she was saying and she could not understand what I was saying. Anyway I lost the heid, hung up and they cancelled my subscription and sent me a bill for sixty quid which I will have to pay it up front to get the service back. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

#46 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Resident Hun apparently

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Fuck that shite you old prick; get on the internet and view illegally via handy stream!
Fuck mingling in boozers right in the arsehole.

:)

Straight to the point as usual faither. Trouble is I am a complete computer illiterate and every time I follow the links they put up here I end up getting zilch, zero, nowt et al. The only thing I seem to get is a guaranteed fucking virus. Besides I quite like the pub despite all the grippy cunts I drink with. You will have to pop in sometime, it is called the Curmudgeon's Arms and I guarantee you will feel right at home. :)

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

#47 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Resident Hun apparently

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Straight to the point as usual faither. Trouble is I am a complete computer illiterate and every time I follow the links they put up here I end up getting zilch, zero, nowt et al. The only thing I seem to get is a guaranteed fucking virus. Besides I quite like the pub despite all the grippy cunts I drink with. You will have to pop in sometime, it is called the Curmudgeon's Arms and I guarantee you will feel right at home. :)

Oh! Just read your post and I will PM you at some point before the game. Cheers.

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

#48 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Resident Hun apparently

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

@oldmanny @old_manny

I'm nae biting the day.

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

#49 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 17,307 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

Im sure its a fun time son; just I dunno - Im a fucking hermit and no mistake. Sometimes I wonder...what if I got out there - really grabbed life by the balls; where would I be. But then I thnk about pretty much any honest choice Ive made; 'nah - Im out'. God bless the fucking internet son; it gives lazy fucks like me instant access to stuff without moving. 

If e'er you need a run through of whats what - to find safe passage to free game streams - just give a holler. 

sometimes I wonder what Im spending money on, instead of the dvds and cds I used to buy...sex toys I reckon.

Winners - DWQ4, DWQ14, The James Wilson Show

#50 OFFLINE   1903Fitba

1903Fitba

Suck a dick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  • Joined 23-June 14

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Shinnie Tansey
McLean/Christie

If McLean plays deeper I'll be ragin. Needs to play more advanced.

#51 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 12,824 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

No way your not suggesting dropping Considine!changed your fuckin tune.

Have I ever said he's undroppable?  I defend Considine when folk come out with total pish but right now nobody in that team, Lewis aside, should be guaranteed a start.

#52 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,946 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:34 AM

Have I ever said he's undroppable?  I defend Considine when folk come out with total pish but right now nobody in that team, Lewis aside, should be guaranteed a start.

I'd say that AOC, Logan, May & Christie would pretty much fall into the guaranteed start category. Not much argument for anyone else in ahead of any of them in their positions.. Arnason will soon be in there too & Shinnie being Shinnie also should be really.

That's a strong backbone of seven most regular starters McInnes should be aiming for, so only really has to be juggling about with four other positions. I think McInnes is making it tough on himself by not making things simple.

Insisting on players like McLean is one of the major problems that he seems oblivious to experiment with.

Ding Dong

#53 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,946 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

McInnes struggling to find a settled team from the selection he has available & given the quality of opposition he has to deal with, really does make you wonder how he would cope if he moved away to a bigger side with bigger squad size/quality.
He's had a fantastic transfer window & performed fantastic with/for us but he still somehow manages to fk up what should be some straight forward games.

Players are letting him down also though tbf to him. I said before that he can afford to make some selection mistakes in our mid to front line ups, in the attacking sense because there is enough quality in the squad for his 'mistakes' to still do the job & that he needs to sort the defense first & foremost but it seems some of those attacking players are also letting him down.

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 19 September 2017 - 06:46 AM.

Ding Dong

#54 OFFLINE   Diesel

Diesel

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 21-December 16

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:43 AM

McInnes struggling to find a settled team from the selection he has available & given the quality of opposition he has to deal with, really does make you wonder how he would cope if he moved away to a bigger side with bigger squad size/quality.
He's had a fantastic transfer window & performed fantastic with/for us but he still somehow manages to fk up what should be some straight forward games.

Players are letting him down also though tbf to him. I said before that he can afford to make some selection mistakes in our mid to front line ups, in the attacking sense because there is enough quality in the squad for his 'mistakes' to still do the job & that he needs to sort the defense first & foremost but it seems some of those attacking players are also letting him down.

Dropping Christie is a big mistake also playing him in our problem wide right position doesn't bring the best out of him IMO.Stewart was poor on Saturday and doesn't look fit but I'd go with him again on Thursday on the right side as Christie's wasted out there.
Your right some players have let DM down but think they haven't been helped with constant change of personel and formation,it's our strongest squad in years but allows him the temptation to constantly tinker which never seems to work.

#55 OFFLINE   Diesel

Diesel

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 21-December 16

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

No you haven't but when people say he's slow and gets done for pace big time as happens quite a lot during games it's not pish it's fact.He has improved no end in last 3 years but still the lack of mobility hurts us.Logan was poor on Saturday also he was done quite a few times,I don't think stating these things are pish.

#56 OFFLINE   northernlights

northernlights

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Joined 24-August 13

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Dropping Christie was a big mistake and was inexplicable.  To say that he is wasted on the right is an exaggeration though and I reckon he is our best option there just now.

I think we shoud play 4-5-1 with a holding defensive mid in the form of Ball, O'Connor or Tansey.  That would allow our full-backs freedom to attack, compensating for Christie's tendency to drift infield, and giving our wide players support generally. 

May

GMS                                        Christie

McLean     Tansey

Shinnie           Ball              Logan

AOC          Arnason

Lewis

That would give us real quality on both wings and a bit of cover for our defence. 

#57 OFFLINE   Diesel

Diesel

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 21-December 16

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Dropping Christie was a big mistake and was inexplicable.  To say that he is wasted on the right is an exaggeration though and I reckon he is our best option there just now.

I think we shoud play 4-5-1 with a holding defensive mid in the form of Ball, O'Connor or Tansey.  That would allow our full-backs freedom to attack, compensating for Christie's tendency to drift infield, and giving our wide players support generally. 

May
GMS                                        Christie
                McLean     Tansey
     Shinnie           Ball              Logan
                  AOC          Arnason

Lewis

That would give us real quality on both wings and a bit of cover for our defence. 

Looks good on paper wouldn't argue if that was the team but Christie is much more effective in no.10 position.

#58 OFFLINE   northernlights

northernlights

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Joined 24-August 13

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Looks good on paper wouldn't argue if that was the team but Christie is much more effective in no.10 position.

Would give us a bench of Rogers, Considine, Reynolds, Rooney, Wright, Maynard, Stewart, etc

#59 OFFLINE   The Cockney Don

The Cockney Don

Yiddo & a Don

• Members
  • 12,416 posts
  • Joined 31-October 13

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

Cash turnstiles will be available on Thursday.

Loyalty Points only apply to purchases from AFC.

#60 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Dropping Christie is a big mistake also playing him in our problem wide right position doesn't bring the best out of him IMO.Stewart was poor on Saturday and doesn't look fit but I'd go with him again on Thursday on the right side as Christie's wasted out there.
Your right some players have let DM down but think they haven't been helped with constant change of personel and formation,it's our strongest squad in years but allows him the temptation to constantly tinker which never seems to work.

Bit of a catch 22 with Stewart. Hasn't played much in the last year so obviously lacking in match fitness. Ideally we would persevere with him wide right for a while until he gets up to speed but its a fine line as we can't wait forever.

If Stewart drops out then there might be an argument to play McLean wide right to allow Christie to play behind the striker and Tansey and Shinnie to play deeper. GMS and Wright can fight it out for the left wing slot with May up front. I'd also like to see a settled back 4 for a few games.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread (League Cup)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users