Pesky Tories.

TheG_L_A

I dunno likes. Some people might be able to seperate the child from the idea of how it was conceived, also undergoing an abortion might add to the trauma possibly.

If we're honest no guy really has an idea of how it would feel unless they've been forcibly bummed.

'Here, have a constant reminder of that time you were subjected to a rape...'

http://www.independent.co.uk/3d5ad307-27a7-43b2-9d16-10c77b51696e

Old Catholic Sheep will be delighted.

Yes Mr Rees-Mogg is very refreshing. I like him a lot. its funny when he denies any ambition to be leader, all the while an active grassroots campaign is running in the background.

I didn't see the interview but read a transcript and thought he did reasonably well. It could have been better in places, as Dr Joe Shaw of Oxford Uni (and chairman of the LMS) has shown, but its probably churlish to criticise an MP demonstrating principle, something that is extremely rare.

Its also rare for people to think for themselves and hold views different to the secular hive mind (isnt it strange how most people have the exact same views on every subject?).

Obviously the representatives of the prevailing cultural hegemony do not like people having the audacity to say anything different from the views they plant in peoples heads via TV etc, but what is notable is that I haven't seen a single response to Mogg which attempts to either analyse what he said or try to show he is wrong.

Rather the only responses have been (predictably) sneering and name calling - this is because his detractors have no arguments which, more than anything, shows that his views are sound and accurate. You cant argue with facts.

One response I saw called his views "abhorrent" - which clearly shows the great sickness in modern secular thought and how secular values are fundamentally an empty vessel. To respect life is apparently "abhorrent" and instead stating life is both cheap and utterly disposable on a whim is seen as tolerant.

What a poverty of both intellectualism and principle there is in secular thought. I often wonder what people of the WW2 generation would think, if they could come back and see how Nazi ideas / eugenics have ultimately triumphed in society, despite the sacrifice of their youth to prevent this.

What is interesting is that many comments I saw on newspapers were quite receptive to Mogg and defended his right to speak his own mind, even if they didnt agree with him. The reaction of the public is quite starkly different to the reaction of the media and celebrities. People appreciate a man of principle. Some MPs said he is now unelectable, but then they said that about Trump.

Whats also interesting is that it is only Christian politicians who get grilled on their views regarding homosexuality or other disordered behaviour, never muslims. Id like to see Sadiq Khan (or similar) asked if he agrees that gays should be thrown off roofs, for example. But then Islam enjoys protected status, just like homosexuality.

• Downvote 2

Whys that? I assume you'll also be against the morning after pill.

This view is archaic and it's only purpose is the control and subjugation of women. Whys it always middle aged men who want to try and tell women what they can and can't do with their body?

It is not archaic to respect human life and abortion or the morning after pill represents the deliberate ending of a human life. Thats a fact.

Opposition to these things has nothing to do with "control of subjugation / women" - what a ridiculous assertion.

No-one is telling women what they can or cant do with their body - they are saying that if a woman has helped create a new life, then she has no right to end it.

Of course women have the right to choose where to give birth or not. But that choice comes when deciding to have sex or not - given new life is the natural result of sex. The choice isn't when an innocent life has already been created.

If a women doesn't want to have a child, the she should abstain from sex until she does. Civilisation is built on the notion of people taking responsibility for their own actions. That isn't unreasonable, especially when human life is at stake.

The abortion movement is built on the following major lies:

1) Women have a "right to choose". This is false, the law as it stands grants no such right. What kind of beastly society would legislate to allow women a choice of killing their own children? The law permits abortion when a woman's life is at risk, in what were thought to be very rare circumstances. It wasn't introduced as retrospective contraception, which represents the vast majority of abortions.

2) An unborn child is "just a clump of cells". This is false, human embryology clearly shows a new life is created at the moment of conception (not that this should be a surprise to anyone). Yes, at first the new life doesn't look much like a person (though it soon does) but then so what? Human life looks different at every stage. Compare a toddler and a pensioner for example, or a newborn and an adolescent.

3) Respecting human life is about "controlling women". Not it isn't, what a crock of shit.

Notice the pro-death arguments are all about distortion and lies. This is because the facts do not support them.

• Downvote 2

Rees-Mogg is not a bigot. His views are fact based and wholly reasonable.

When people start name-calling, its because they have no arguments to respond with. If they have no arguments, its because the other party is in the right.

No, it's because they know religious folk are closed minded imbeciles who are incapable of changing their beliefs because they're tied to a centuries old manuscript, so it's just easier to call them a cunt and be done with it.

• Upvote 1

No, it's because they know religious folk are closed minded imbeciles who are incapable of changing their beliefs because they're tied to a centuries old manuscript, so it's just easier to call them a cunt and be done with it.

You prove my point wonderfully. I couldn't have done it have as good without some complete moron coming along to provide a textbook demonstration.

• Downvote 3

If your daughter or wife was raped, would you be against terminating the pregnancy? The mogg is still against abortion in that scenario.

Well you cant argue that human life is sacrosanct and then start creating exceptions. Rape is a very hard case yes, but, once the first exception is in then the number would soon grow to include a club foot or cleft palate.

Fortunately, rape accounts for a neglible (if any) number of unwanted pregnancies. It is a tactic of the pro-death camp to go to these extremes, as they clutch at straws to justify themselves. But laws should be based on norms, not extremes.

Its a horrible situation, but killing an unborn child doesn't "un-rape" a woman. It just creates another victim.

In fact rape victims deeply resent being used as pawns by the pro-abortion camp. Not that pro-abortionists give a f*ck about rape victims, they only want to weaponise their experience.

This link includes testimony of rape victims themselves, a voice which is never heard in the discussion:

https://www.spuc.org.uk/news/blog-archive/2015/november/dont-use-rape-victims-to-try-to-justify-abortion

• Downvote 2

Well you cant argue that human life is sacrosanct and then start creating exceptions. Rape is a very hard case yes, but, once the first exception is in then the number would soon grow to include a club foot or cleft palate.

Fortunately, rape accounts for a neglible (if any) number of unwanted pregnancies. It is a tactic of the pro-death camp to go to these extremes, as they clutch at straws to justify themselves. But laws should be based on norms, not extremes.

Its a horrible situation, but killing an unborn child doesn't "un-rape" a woman. It just creates another victim.

In fact rape victims deeply resent being used as pawns by the pro-abortion camp. Not that pro-abortionists give a f*ck about rape victims, they only want to weaponise their experience.

This link includes testimony of rape victims themselves, a voice which is never heard in the discussion:

https://www.spuc.org.uk/news/blog-archive/2015/november/dont-use-rape-victims-to-try-to-justify-abortion

Holy shit you're such a disgusting scumbag. Seriously, just fucking kill yourself.

EDIT: Might be slightly harsh. Just DYA.

• Upvote 1

You can either take the view that he is a highly principled God fearing man of the Roman Catholic faith, or he is an extreme right wing Tory dinosaur who was born in the wrong century. I tend to take the latter view.

You would be wrong to do so.

The notion of vales being outdated - which comes up frequently in these discussions - is a curious one.

As if the passing of time somehow changes bad things into good things.

In what year will it become acceptable to steal?

• Downvote 2

I find it strange that religion dictates your personal beliefs, can't these delusional types think for themselves? What if the pope was to announce that incest was actually acceptable based on some archaic article that was found. Would catholics start fucking their own family members? Well the church says it's ok....

Why do you think the minority dissenting views, which are fully in line with what we know from science, are "not thinking for themselves".

Surely people who glibly hold the majority views without thought, views which are based on bullshit, are the ones not thinking?

In fact there is no such thing as "free thought" - there are only facts which bind us all.

At atmospheric pressure, water boils at 100 deg C. That's a fact. No amount of "free thought" will change it.

The Catholic Church didnt invent the truth, it just professes it. Anyone can do so, if they have the will.

There are no articles of faith in morality, which is based on universal reason.

• Downvote 3

Not so sure about that. I thought the morning after pill prevented pregnancy rather than aborted one. I'm ready to stand corrected though as I'm no expert.

It prevents a fertilised egg implanting in the womans uterus.

Once a new life has been created, it has to "dock" (if you will) with its mothers body in order to feed / grow / survive.

Such a pill interferes with this process, and so is ultimately similar to a direct abortion.

• Downvote 2

It prevents a fertilised egg implanting in the womans uterus.

Once a new life has been created, it has to "dock" (if you will) with its mothers body in order to feed / grow / survive.

Such a pill interferes with this process, and so is ultimately similar to a direct abortion.

I think you and Mother Theresa have a lot in common.