How Much Do You Pay For A Pint

BrianFaePerth

I dont pay for pints.

In 12 days time it will be exactly a year since I had a drink.

Alcohol fucks my IBS for days, not worth 3 days of shiting glass for a couple of beers.

Great achievement Spam...I've not had any alcohol for over 2 years now...one slightly annoying aspect of this is that most folk think you are either an alcoholic and cant have a drink... or look at you as if you're on the wind-up...

Not long back from Portugal and if there was one negative, it was the price of the pints. Even though I don't personally play, we stayed in a golf resort and presumably all the bars think it's only the upper class who come visiting.

I'm now 30 years old and I'm happy to tell you that me and the missus had some "pre-drinks" before we went out some nights. :hysterical:

Had a pint in the spoons in Broughty Ferry the other day and it was £1.69 for a pint of Doom Bar. Fuck knows how they make money at that price.

buy old stock, running up to expiry date i believe is their business model - GBP 2.39 for same in Inverurie- nice pint

I pay around GBp 1.50 a pint - not that i dirnk pints normally in ZA - bottle is around GBP 1.25

expensive places are around GBP 2.50

get a Fillet steak for around GBP9-GBP10 for 300 grams

Cape Town like

Speaking of beer.....anyone tried the Aberdeen Fierce Beer. Never knew the cunts were wedged in the Dyce industrial estate.

Will buy a mixed case today and report back.

Stay tuned

Cafe Racer is one of the best beers ever, it's a coffee porter. They are very varied and some quite crazy flavours, so maybe best telling them the kind of thing you like. Tropical tart is a nice sour beer and Grandilla Gorrila is a nice passion fruit IPA.

Nice folks too.

The further north in the world you go, the worse the local lager is - from my limited experience is Iceland, Estonia and Finland.

Anyone else find that?

If in Iceland drink Einstok, fucking ace beers.

You can find decent beer works fine normally just have to suss it out.

I was in Sri Lanka, local beer is lion average as fuck but they make a stout that is decent.

As for Copenhagen Tuborg Golden Dame is nearly as good as tennents and craft beer wasn't much more expensive than Aberdeen. Stay away from the touristy bits and it's not to expensive.

buy old stock, running up to expiry date i believe is their business model - GBP 2.39 for same in Inverurie- nice pint

I pay around GBp 1.50 a pint - not that i dirnk pints normally in ZA - bottle is around GBP 1.25

expensive places are around GBP 2.50

get a Fillet steak for around GBP9-GBP10 for 300 grams

Cape Town like

Urban myth regarding the close to expiry stock. They're a huge chain and buy in massive bulk at cheaper prices. Some products will be set at a tiny profit margin to get people through the door. Similar to supermarkets with loss leading products.

Speaking of beer.....anyone tried the Aberdeen Fierce Beer. Never knew the cunts were wedged in the Dyce industrial estate.

Will buy a mixed case today and report back.

Stay tuned

I can recommend Cranachan Killer, Dirty Sanchez and Tropical Tart.

Had a pint in the spoons in Broughty Ferry the other day and it was £1.69 for a pint of Doom Bar. Fuck knows how they make money at that price.

I like a pint of Doom Bar.
  • Downvote 1