Jimmy's Dross

"He inherited a decent legacy"

Where are they now.............from his last game

Jamie Langfailed - Still here, dont know how but still here

Javan Vidal - Played only 7 first team games since this one, Cant find a team after being released by colchester, Failed to win a move to yeovil after being on trial

Scott Severin - Played only 9 games for watford before being sent to killie on loan, currently injured at united

Lee Mair - Currently at St Mirren

Charlie Mulgrew - Got himself a good gig at celtic and doing well for himself

Richard Foster - Now club captain and struggling to find any consistancy

Gary Mcdonald - Relegated with hamilton, now hiding in morcambe

Stuart Duff - Had one season with cally now on trial with Ayr United

Sone Aluko - Currently without a club

Lee Miller - Failed at Boro, Notts County and Scunthorpe - now doing quite well at Carlisle

Peter Pawlett - See Ricky foster

Subs

Nicky Clark - Struggling at queen of the south

Bert Bossu - hasnt played a game since leaving currently reserve keeper at harlow town

Tommy Wright - Nothing of note since leaving - now at luton town

Chris Maguire - Warming the bench at derby

Scott Ross - Now at peterhead

Michael Paton - Presumed dead? @ Loan with Stockport county

Sammy Stewart - Currently at glenavon

So going back to this decent legacy he left us with (no mention of Mcghee so lets not go down that road) out of the 18 players who playing in his last game.

3 Still with the club

2 players currently without a team at all

4 players playing non league football

1 playing league two

1 playing league one

1 warming the bench at championship

3 in the scottish lower leagues none playing on a regular basis

3 Playing in the SPL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He inherited a decent legacy"

Where are they now.............from his last game

Jamie Langfailed - Still here, dont know how but still here

Javan Vidal - Played only 7 first team games since this one, Cant find a team after being released by colchester, Failed to win a move to yeovil after being on trial

Scott Severin - Played only 9 games for watford before being sent to killie on loan, currently injured at united

Lee Mair - Currently at St Mirren

Charlie Mulgrew - Got himself a good gig at celtic and doing well for himself

Richard Foster - Now club captain and struggling to find any consistancy

Gary Mcdonald - Relegated with hamilton, now hiding in morcambe

Stuart Duff - Had one season with cally now on trial with Ayr United

Sone Aluko - Currently without a club

Lee Miller - Failed at Boro, Notts County and Scunthorpe - now doing quite well at Carlisle

Peter Pawlett - See Ricky foster

Subs

Nicky Clark - Struggling at queen of the south

Bert Bossu - hasnt played a game since leaving currently reserve keeper at harlow town

Tommy Wright - Nothing of note since leaving - now at luton town

Chris Maguire - Warming the bench at derby

Scott Ross - Now at peterhead

Michael Paton - Presumed dead? @ Loan with Stockport county

Sammy Stewart - Currently at glenavon

So going back to this decent legacy he left us with (no mention of Mcghee so lets not go down that road) out of the 18 players who playing in his last game.

3 Still with the club

2 players currently without a team at all

4 players playing non league football

1 playing league two

1 playing league one

1 warming the bench at championship

3 in the scottish lower leagues none playing on a regular basis

3 Playing in the SPL

somehow they finished and 4th and nobdy beat them 9-0.

won 1 of last 6 games and still finished 4th, says more about the teams we were competing against rather than the way we were playing.

Also seem to remember only wining three league games in those 5 months after new year? could be wrong mind, seem to mind beating hamilton 1-0 falkirk 1-0 and that game against hibs.

won 1 of last 6 games and still finished 4th, says more about the teams we were competing against rather than the way we were playing.

Also seem to remember only wining three league games in those 5 months after new year? could be wrong mind, seem to mind beating hamilton 1-0 falkirk 1-0 and that game against hibs.

Amazing what happens when you lose half your team with top Paid players leaving like Nicholson, severin, Lovell, Jamie Smith, jdv, touzani and even Lee Mair then cut budget by a million allowing just few players in. Of course doesn't help when new manager makes mess of it and gambles with no full backs in squad either. But the legacy left really was from midfield of Nicholson, Severin, touzani and Smith we were left with midfield of duff, Kerr, McDonald and Young!!

yep and the only argument i need AGAINST this, is that if we did so badly in the 2nd half of season, how well must we have done in the first half?

this whole post is just ridiculous

the only area of the team now thats better than jimmys is centre mid and even then its close

We only won 14 games and 53 was the lowest points total in spl history to finish 4th.

Infact the season after im not sure if that would have got us into the top 6.

My post is not ridiculous, what is ridiculkous was Calderclown claiming he left US with a decent legacy

erm, im sorry, lets just take a step back here

he finished 4th with the final squad he had - job done

whatever the next manager does and where he finishes is down to him and him alone

Point is no manager could have built the next season with so many players leaving and with hands tied. Calderwood himself said that aswell.

But of course a manager is responsible for state of squad he leaves behind.

so, let me get this right...

we finished 4th...yet youre not happy, because we didnt get enough POINTS for your liking??

christ and they say aberdeen fans are hard to please?

I don't get that either. No matter how many points we got that season, we were still the 4th best team in the league. That took us into Europe, which is where we all want to be.

Like i said said more about the other teams in the league that season rather than the way WE performed.

And MT if we were in such a strong position at the start of the season that allowed us to have such a awful second half surely after wasting such a good start to the season calderwood was right to get the chop no?

• Site Sponsor

yep and the only argument i need AGAINST this, is that if we did so badly in the 2nd half of season, how well must we have done in the first half?

the only area of the team now thats better than jimmys is centre mid and even then its close

and in goals and up front and on the bench

somehow they finished and 4th and nobdy beat them 9-0.

Finishing 4th was more good luck than good management, 3 wins in the last 16 games and playing the type of football everyone slated McGhees team for. If it hadn't been for Hibs and Dundee Utd somehow managing to have an even worse run of form than us we'd have finished 6th at best. Oh and on the subject of that 9-0 defeat, how many saves did Calderwoods world class keeper make that day?

Finishing 4th was more good luck than good management, 3 wins in the last 16 games and playing the type of football everyone slated McGhees team for. If it hadn't been for Hibs and Dundee Utd somehow managing to have an even worse run of form than us we'd have finished 6th at best. Oh and on the subject of that 9-0 defeat, how many saves did Calderwoods world class keeper make that day?

Spot on.

correct. it shows how bad the teams around us were/are. which also shows how bloody awful and how much worse a team we have been since

We won nothing under Jimmy, he thought that by suggesting after a win

against the tims that managers only had a certain shelf life in the

hope that a bigger club would be ready to pounce. He was wrong.

The squad he left us with was pretty dire.

He is a cheque book manager and that's why in these days of cut backs

he remains unemployed.

A cheery lad, wants to be everyone's friend but tactically inept and i reckon

his days as a manager are over. Unless one of these many approaches from

europe he talks about come to anything.

I wish him well.

tactically inept...yet managed to put together a team capable of going to Dnipro and doing enough to qualify - a feat other SPL teams wouldnt have (and couldnt) manage?

fantastic man

Frankie, he had his moments, that was a superb backs to the wall performance.

I'll always give him credit for coming in and restoring pride and nights like Dnipro

and about 4 others.

But he fucked up far too often when it really mattered.

in hindsight though, would have been better giving him till the end of his contract and seeing where he could have taken us - no?

least itd have saved the money in sacking him and i doubt highly we'd have done any worse

hindsight is a wonderful thing MT and theres no way to predict whether Jimmy Calderwood would have done a better job.

The decision to bin him was correct at the time, the decision to then appoint Mark Mcghee was a terrible one.

in hindsight though, would have been better giving him till the end of his contract and seeing where he could have taken us - no?

least itd have saved the money in sacking him and i doubt highly we'd have done any worse

Giving him that new deal was the mistake.

In hindsight, he'd have done no worse than what followed

but i really felt the time was right for him to leave.

It was either him or me.

thats what

i very rarely initiate a post about him and i purely get involved when idiots on here try and bracket him with paterson, skovdahl, mcghee...

he built the best dons side i have known and was forced out and THATS why i stick up for him

christ, mcghee a club "legend" launched a blistering attack on the club, jimmy issued a favourable retort, yet he somehow STILL gets it in the neck!?

some idiot on here even managed to apportion some blame to jimmy for the 9-0 loss!

Surely you can see there were failings though, no?

We were bottom of the league in October? Is that doing well?

look, just sssshhh

we finished 4th

so, 4th at end of season isnt good enough?

we need to be 4th for the WHOLE season?

Never said that, but you said we did well In the first half of the season. We were bottom and therefore be interesting to see how many games we actually won. I think we went on a run In December and that was It.

I see Calderwoods failings too but I just really don't get the hatred for him from you bunch of clowns. That's what gets me. It's always an anti JC thread that starts these worn out debates, not a pro JC one.

"Cheque book manager". Please. Never had a fraction of the money Hearts had but finished above them what, 3 out of 5 times was it? And why did Lee Miller sign for Dundee United ahead of Aberdeen if we had so much money??

We had more money then but so did the rest of the SPL. We have less money now but so do the rest of the SPL.

I don't understand the complaints of "we only finished 4th because other teams were worse"....surely thats how football works? The teams who are worse than other teams finish below them...maybe i've gotten this whole league thing all wrong. Whether we played shite and lost loads of points in the latter half of the season pretty much just shows how well we did in the first, no reason to complain about it...it's not like we lost out on 4th because of the latter form.

I'm not a huge JC fan, but some people will just look for any excuse to undermine how well we did in the league under him.

i didnt need hindsight to see that binning him was a mistake

as ive previously said, why not just let him see out his contract and save the 500k odd??

we wouldnt have done any worse and crowds wouldnt have fallen any lower

MT It's done and in the past...I was pretty surprised when he got the dunt..and your right what followed was abysmal.

Milne has made some horrendous decisions in his time in charge of the club....JC being given a new contract and then sacked shortly after is clear evidence of that.

JC gets a hard time on here mainly cause he was allowed to spend (not his fault) and the club is now paying the price with little money for playing staff (again not his fault).

I think its clear that there is no way back for JC at AFC...Nice guy though he was...

I'm not 100% convinced about Broon...think he's well past his sell by date...but hopefully the club are making enquiries in the background into a successor as I'm sure this season will be his last (at the club not on earth before anyone has a go!)....Just don't think it has any chance of being JC

I see Calderwoods failings too but I just really don't get the hatred for him from you bunch of clowns. That's what gets me. It's always an anti JC thread that starts these worn out debates, not a pro JC one.

"Cheque book manager". Please. Never had a fraction of the money Hearts had but finished above them what, 3 out of 5 times was it? And why did Lee Miller sign for Dundee United ahead of Aberdeen if we had so much money??

We had more money then but so did the rest of the SPL. We have less money now but so do the rest of the SPL.

Cyber warrior - doesn't like what people says so he calls them clowns.

Of course he's a cheque book manager.

Proved that at Dunfermline and Aberdeen.

Killie told him to do one and Ross County weren't wanting him permanently. All because

he wanted lots of money.