Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

I think they prefer to call it "HMP Peterhead." :checkit:

laughing.gif

Hi Terror,

So what's the story with the MT photo??

One day I was in a petrol station filling up and saw an old matt black Capri near Bellshill. Then a wee ned getting into it and wheel-spinned off just to attract attention.

Was that MT?

What about the wifie that used to beg outside Fopp, cross between having a cricket bat skelpt across her face and Mauro Camoranesi.

That was fishface / Jar Jar Binks. I got a photo of her when camera phones were first out to use for my screensaver, used to bring the house down in pubs. Anyway, one Christmas time I bought my bird a ski jacket from Granite Reef as a present. I think it was about 300 quid - nae the cheapest anyway. A couple of weeks later I see fishface walking down that lanie between Bon Accord Centre car park and Littlejohns (holding hands with a bloke) wearing the same jacket (different colour). So, she was begging outside Fopp with her pointy sideways yaks trying to look all poor, but buying 300 quid jackets?! The fishfaced cunt, wasn't even spending it on skeg. She never wore the jacket whilst begging I noticed.

Sorry to hear shakky heid mannie is deid, what happened? I once saw him struggling down windmill brae with an ironing board and a telly. Someone told me once that if he took his medication he was "normal".

That was fishface / Jar Jar Binks. I got a photo of her when camera phones were first out to use for my screensaver, used to bring the house down in pubs. Anyway, one Christmas time I bought my bird a ski jacket from Granite Reef as a present. I think it was about 300 quid - nae the cheapest anyway. A couple of weeks later I see fishface walking down that lanie between Bon Accord Centre car park and Littlejohns (holding hands with a bloke) wearing the same jacket (different colour). So, she was begging outside Fopp with her pointy sideways yaks trying to look all poor, but buying 300 quid jackets?! The fishfaced cunt, wasn't even spending it on skeg. She never wore the jacket whilst begging I noticed.

Sorry to hear shakky heid mannie is deid, what happened? I once saw him struggling down windmill brae with an ironing board and a telly. Someone told me once that if he took his medication he was "normal".

Guaranteed she never paid any money for said jacket.

As for shakey heid mannie, would it be too cruel to say his heid eventually just fell off?

Even the most robust of necks can catastrophically fail due to cyclic fatigue.

Guaranteed she never paid any money for said jacket.

As for shakey heid mannie, would it be too cruel to say his heid eventually just fell off?

Even the most robust of necks can catastrophically fail due to cyclic fatigue.

Apparently that's what happened to elephant man, true story.

Aberdeens alright. Remember it's a city of c200,000 people, it's nae London.

Now and again you always hear people say "oh it's a shit hole, wish I could leave", well what's stopping you? Please fuck off you miserable sod? Job? You'll get one elsewhere unless you're thick as shit.

There are worse places to live.

No wonder Union St has gone down hill, there's a big massive new shopping centre down at the Old Bus Station and you may have missed it but we're in the middle of a double dip recession, businesses going tits up and leaving empty units on main shopping streets!

Remember the old bus/train station and the area round about it? Now THAT was a shit hole, and now look at it.

Only time I ever venture to Union St is nights out now walking from bar to bar. Can't remember any bother.

Not quite a rant but honestly, if you want to leave no one is stopping you :thumbs:

• Upvote 3

Now and again you always hear people say "oh it's a shit hole, wish I could leave", well what's stopping you? Please fuck off you miserable sod? Job? You'll get one elsewhere unless you're thick as shit.

No wonder Union St has gone down hill, there's a big massive new shopping centre down at the Old Bus Station and you may have missed it but we're in the middle of a double dip recession, businesses going tits up and leaving empty units on main shopping streets!

Remember the old bus/train station and the area round about it? Now THAT was a shit hole, and now look at it.

Only time I ever venture to Union St is nights out now walking from bar to bar. Can't remember any bother.

Not quite a rant but honestly, if you want to leave no one is stopping you :thumbs:

Exactly. Folk moan on here as if Union Street is the only run-down street in the UK. Whereas in reality, the entire country is witnessing the death of the traditional high street, a process I can't see stopping anytime soon.

you tell em dynamo. you tell em.

Walk down union street after 12:45pm and you are subjected to a delight of the senses. Minks ambling down the street, shouting abuse at each other from opposite sides of the street. The smell of stale urine and sweat occupy the vacinity as you slide past one of them, hoping they don't take offence to the fact you can walk in an upright position and own your own shoes.

The blissful sound of the ever pathetic "got any spare change mate" which, if you are lucky, is preceded by "I've lost my train ticket to get home...."

It's beautiful.

if you think aberdeen is bad for mink, you should see edinburgh.

i once worked in a tourist shop and the aids ridden filth would come in a rob it all the time.

funny as fuck seeing them pretend to be interested in the fake burberry camel thomson scarfs

I think you're all being quite hard on the city.

It's a pretty place. Plenty to see and do. Easy and safe to walk around. And none of the beggars actually seem to really bother people, unlike lots of other cities. It could use a little beautifying here and there.

But, from my outsider's perspective anyway (and to be fair, I've not wandered about on my own late at night, but only during the day and early evening), it's really a lovely place. :thumbs:

Could be worse...could have been American :laughing:

How did you end up here? Wild stab in the dark and say...Oil related? (either you or your other half)

No. Just serendipity. You can't accuse me of being a glory hunter. :P

Moose humper.

I don't hump. I'm a humpee. :wave:

LGIR, have you ever gone on strike for more money? Some of that internet money?

eh?

Good lass. Never been to Canadia, quite fancy taking a trip over at some point. I'm kinda hoping work sends me over so i can make a holiday out of it and not have to pay for flights!

well, hopefully they send you somewhere half-way interesting for work. so there'll be plenty around to see and do for a holiday after. :thumbs: if not, Canada can be quite expensive to get around (we don't have discount airlines, and travelling by car can take a while, depending where you're headed).

Canada's ace, I like Vancouver. Toronto seemed very 'American' if that makes sense. Still good mind you. Quebec City nice too.

Canada's pretty different from end to end. Vancouver is lovely. Victoria very different from Vancouver, and only a ferry ride away. but some gorgeous islands and scenery. (did you get to Tofino when you were in Vancouver?) the prairies, while flat, have their upsides, lol. the Rockies are incredible. and make for a tremendous driving holiday through them and to the Pacific. Toronto as a city used to be really nice, and you're quite right.. it IS very large and American big-city feeling. my brother still lives there, so i'm there often enough, but it's not my favourite place in Canada. Montreal and Quebec City are lovely. as are the eastern townships around them.. some fabulous food and scenery. and the Atlantic provinces are just gorgeous. anyway, i rattled on longer than intended.. as i said, it varies significantly from end to end.

:offtopic: and now back to the regularly scheduled thread discussion.

None of the Beggars bother you? I must look an easy touch then, because I got hassled about 4 times just walking from bon accord to signature!

First a nutjob handing out homemade DVD's, then saying "I'm expecting a penny or 2 for this DVD" I dread to look at the DVD's contents. Secondly, a cunt saying he needs change for the bus, and worst of all, twice by those charity pricks.

I also saw Highlander cutting about beside Union square, for some reason I decided to take a photo from across the street - he wasnae best pleased.

Canada's pretty different from end to end. Vancouver is lovely. Victoria very different from Vancouver, and only a ferry ride away. but some gorgeous islands and scenery. (did you get to Tofino when you were in Vancouver?) the prairies, while flat, have their upsides, lol. the Rockies are incredible. and make for a tremendous driving holiday through them and to the Pacific. Toronto as a city used to be really nice, and you're quite right.. it IS very large and American big-city feeling. my brother still lives there, so i'm there often enough, but it's not my favourite place in Canada. Montreal and Quebec City are lovely. as are the eastern townships around them.. some fabulous food and scenery. and the Atlantic provinces are just gorgeous. anyway, i rattled on longer than intended.. as i said, it varies significantly from end to end.

Yea went to Victoria (and up to Whistler) when in VCR. All nice and the ferry ride is pretty scenic. Quebec was good, St Lawrence river was still frozen from winter so was cold, but I was skiing so that's good! Flew into Montreal but didn't see any of it.

Sorted himself out again, and back working now. Hopefully off the drugs aswell now. Used to have cracking job as draughtsman earning loads before.

I worked with him for a couple of months at an old Job. Couldnt believe my eyes when he approached me on Union St begging for money. Amazing how quickly someone can go off the rails.

Aberdeen has a beautiful centre. You only have to look at the recently refurbished Marischal College to see how amazing the city would have looked when the granite was fresh and new. That building is stunning after it has been cleaned up.

Problem is, nobody seems to have pride in keeping the buildings and city centre clean. Its a sin to see the mess of union street. They are a mess and have just been allowed to rot.

Places like union sq are making it very hard for union st to keep the major shops etc. Just hope it doesnt end up like George st.