Sevco Thread

7 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

Watching that it's patently clear that this Celtic side has no chance of challenging them for the title next year. They need a massive rebuild to do so and I can't see them doing it in a single season.

Rangers on the other hand are already strong and wont stand still. They will strengthen from a starting point of strength. It's going to be like shooting at a moving target for Celtic. Might take 2 or even 3 seasons to catch them.

Then if Rangers qualify for the CL and capture that golden jackpot while Celtic don't that moving target begins moving even faster.

They're not that good.  Doesn't take much to swing things.  Huns will lose Kent and Morelos most likely. 

Things can change pretty quickly.  Just look at Liverpool in England. 

Hopefully they are both shite next year. 

Just now, torry_battery_ram said:

Next season's Scottish Premiership winners qualify automatically for the Champions League. The runners up will be in the Champions League qualifying rounds

That's potentially the case for the 22/23 season, not next season.

4 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

Yes. That's why I was saying if Celtic don't qualify. They both need to go through the qualifying stages. Nit sure which rounds they start in. 

See below

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Next season's Scottish Premiership winners qualify automatically for the Champions League. The runners up will be in the Champions League qualifying rounds

No they dont

Celtic join in the second qualifying round (league path)

Sevco join in the third qualifying round (champions path)

Sevco therefore get an easier draw (theoretically at least) in the 3rd round than Celtic face should they get through their 2nd round tie

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

See below

No they dont

Sevco therefore get an easier draw (theoretically at least) in the 3rd round than Celtic face should they get through their 2nd round tie

Scum to get through 2 rounds (3rd and play off)?

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

See below

No they dont

Yeah. I think the champions path gets you an unseeded side.

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Scum to get through 2 rounds (3rd and play off)?

To make the group stages yes. Presuming they win their 3rd round tie, they could face the champions of Turkey or Austria in the play off round, rest of teams are the other winners of 3rd round ties

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

To make the group stages yes. Presuming they win their 3rd round tie, they could face the champions of Turkey or Austria in the play off round, rest of teams are the other winners of 3rd round ties

And, if they make the play off round and lose there, they drop straight into Europa league groups. And continue piling up millions. It's a sobering thought.

Huns have been solid, take a high percentage of the chances they create and they know their strongest team and use it whenever they can. Nobody else does any of this hence they have won the league easily. Glass needs to sign well but he needs to make us solid and know his strongest team before the season starts

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

For an Aberdeen fan you don't half make a lot of posts bigging up the Huns 

Well frankly I find that a bizarre thing to say. What's complimentary about the post you quoted? Especially when comparing it to the one just below it.

1 hour ago, Lan_Lad said:

Watching that it's patently clear that this Celtic side has no chance of challenging them for the title next year. They need a massive rebuild to do so and I can't see them doing it in a single season.

Rangers on the other hand are already strong and wont stand still. They will strengthen from a starting point of strength. It's going to be like shooting at a moving target for Celtic. Might take 2 or even 3 seasons to catch them.

Then if Rangers qualify for the CL and capture that golden jackpot while Celtic don't that moving target begins moving even faster.

Strongly disagree.

The huns threw everything and the kitchen sink at stopping the ten.

Now they'll have try to pay for it by selling players just to try and recoup.

(And don't forget, they are still in court.)

They are not starting from the point of strength you claim they are.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Here's a sobering thought for you. 

You stood by and did nothing and let your club die. 

Here's a sobering thought for you. I deem you so stupid you don't have the intellectual capacity to grasp your own stupidity. Barely grunt level. With that in mind since I feel disinclined to waste another pixel of screen space or kilobyte of bandwidth on your vacuous grunting I will just soberly drop you into ignore. Grunt on and pretend I can still see you. 

• Dildo 4
17 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Strongly disagree.

I don't think it's a claim. I think it's an obvious fact staring us in the face. They're 23 points ahead of second place and currently undefeated in the league with only two games to play. That's not a position of strength?

• Dildo 4
7 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

I don't think it's a claim. I think it's an obvious fact staring us in the face. They're 23 points ahead of second place and currently undefeated in the league with only two games to play. That's not a position of strength?

No, because you're talking about next season and the money they've overspent this season will be unsustainable for next.

The debts have to be repaid and the strategy of turning soft loans into shares (confetti) has run its' course.

42 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Strongly disagree.

I hear what you say, but qualification for the Champions League will earn them about £30m. 

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

See below

No they dont

You need to learn to read. I said NEXT season's champions qualify automatically for the Champions League which they do. THIS season's champions start in the 3rd qualifying round.

33 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

You need to learn to read. I said NEXT season's champions qualify automatically for the Champions League which they do. THIS season's champions start in the 3rd qualifying round.

which was totally irrelevant to the point being discussed which was asking where sevco and celtic join in season 2021/22

Andy Walker has been banned from Ibrox.

The Sky Sports pundit has been told to stay away following a row over comments on the Light Blues' finances.

Ally McCoist will soon be the only person allowed at their stadium at this rate.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

The Sky Sports pundit has been told to stay away following a row over comments on the Light Blues' finances.

Ally McCoist will soon be the only person allowed at their stadium at this rate.

That’s what the scum do when someone in the media has the temerity to questions their finances.

FTH. Cunts 

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

In other news, graeme sourness nearly gets hit with a can of beer and a flare!! Fkn erse.

''Hit in the wrong place with the can, you are dead. Get hit with a flair and your in a hospital bed with a burnt face''

1 minute ago, pocrawred said:

In other news, graeme sourness nearly gets hit with a can of beer and a flare!! Fkn erse.

''Hit in the wrong place with the can, you are dead. Get hit with a flair and your in a hospital bed with a burnt face''

All factually correct

But a price/risk you have to take if you want to have a career in football punditry when you have been an utter cunt for the greater part of your lifetime

21 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

No, because you're talking about next season and the money they've overspent this season will be unsustainable for next.

The debts have to be repaid and the strategy of turning soft loans into shares (confetti) has run its' course.

They will make millions from the champions league, we are back to the duopoly that so many in the media wanted. The huns will be just as strong next season.

• Upvote 1