Squad numbers for 2019/20

I'd argue Gleeson didn't pan out as expected because of Ferguson.

So if we played him week in week out he'd have performed at an English Championship/International level?

Gleeson started slow granted but I doubt he would have ever got up to the expected level.

Thank fuck for Ferguson as the two midfield signings were absolutely terrible.

So if we played him week in week out he'd have performed at an English Championship/International level?

Gleeson started slow granted but I doubt he would have ever got up to the expected level.

Thank fuck for Ferguson as the two midfield signings were absolutely terrible.

He didn't get a chance to. Ferguson was brilliant and Gleeson couldn't get game time in the shambles of a reserve league.

Not what I said at all.

You've created a straw man though, well done.

You said Gleeson didn't get to the expected levels because of Ferguson as he couldn't get game time ahead of him.

Therefore you think all Gleeson needs is game time (opportunity this season coming with no silly reserve league).

I think Gleeson is a flop and will be punted.

No big deal, we'll find out in time who was correct. :)

You said Gleeson didn't get to the expected levels because of Ferguson as he couldn't get game time ahead of him.

Therefore you think all Gleeson needs is game time (opportunity this season coming with no silly reserve league).

I think Gleeson is a flop and will be punted.

No big deal, we'll find out in time who was correct. :)

No, not what I said at all. As I said, you've created a straw man.

Since you girls seem to have a problem with the word "lucky" I've changed it to "fortunate".

Fortunate doesn't work for me either.

Ferguson was scouted by the club and brought in. He made an immediate impact on the very first game. After which he went on to have a very good season for which he was rewarded with a new longer contract therefore keeping him for longer and maximising any fee in the event he is sold mid contract.

That's good scouting and management.

Since you girls seem to have a problem with the word "lucky" I've changed it to "fortunate".

Fortunate doesn't work for me either.

Ferguson was scouted by the club and brought in. He made an immediate impact on the very first game. After which he went on to have a very good season for which he was rewarded with a new longer contract therefore keeping him for longer and maximising any fee in the event he is sold mid contract.

That's good scouting and management.

Ferguson made an impact sooner than expected. That was a stroke of luck fortunate.

Scouting him initially was excellent work and its great that he's now on a new long term contract.

Does that work for you?

Ferguson made an impact sooner than expected. That was a stroke of luck fortunate.

Scouting him initially was excellent work and its great that he's now on a new long term contract.

Does that work for you?

Another one incapable of just giving the club the praise it deserves. Must really stick in your craw that Ferguson is the product of good scouting and management.

I don't think the way Ferguson slotted into the first team was a stroke of luck. The club would have had a very good idea of what the final fee would have been and to put it simply we're not in the position financially to be spunking a couple hundred grand on one for the future that will only be making sporadic appearances from the bench, when we spend that kind of fee these days its for a first team player

• Upvote 1

McInnes can't win.

Signs someone who on paper looks decent and it doesn't work out - Sackable Offence.

Brings through / signs a few good young players who turn out good - Lucky.

Every manager has got a similar ratio of good to shite signings.

I think it's the 600k on May/Forrester that pisses people off. Also lots of DNA being used to subsidise Wilson. On paper, near 1,000,000 pounds poorly spent.

I think it's the 600k on May/Forrester that pisses people off. Also lots of DNA being used to subsidise Wilson. On paper, near 1,000,000 pounds poorly spent.

That's exactly what i'm talking about.

You've got a player like May who the fans were dying for us to sign. We signed him expecting him to be a similar player to what he was when he left, but turns out he wasn't.  I'm more pissed off at May than McInnes.  Forrester looked alright on paper, but nobody could have forseen what was going to happen. 

I'm more worried about signing a player like Curtis Main than spunking cash on May. 

That's exactly what i'm talking about.

You've got a player like May who the fans were dying for us to sign. We signed him expecting him to be a similar player to what he was when he left, but turns out he wasn't. I'm more pissed off at May than McInnes. Forrester looked alright on paper, but nobody could have forseen what was going to happen.

I'm more worried about signing a player like Curtis Main than spunking cash on May.

But again it's not the fans job to scout players. None of us are ex pros or have any coaching badges, and everyone accepts our opinions shouldn't be held to the same standard as people with years of experience in the game.

Fact is, both Forrester and May are big money signings for Aberdeen and both have went horribly wrong. Managers live and die by their signings but I'd say neither player has or did improve us. Main is a no risk as he's a free and won't command a big wage. At worst he'll hardly play and at best he'll be a handful.

DMc obv has made some good signings but when trusted with money to spend its been pretty brutal.

But again it's not the fans job to scout players. None of us are ex pros or have any coaching badges, and everyone accepts our opinions shouldn't be held to the same standard as people with years of experience in the game.

Fact is, both Forrester and May are big money signings for Aberdeen and both have went horribly wrong. Managers live and die by their signings but I'd say neither player has or did improve us. Main is a no risk as he's a free and won't command a big wage. At worst he'll hardly play and at best he'll be a handful.

DMc obv has made some good signings but when trusted with money to spend its been pretty brutal.

Aye, McLean and Ferguson were brutal signings.