Deastro - Keepers

Ladytron - Velocifero

The Bug - London Zoo

Steinski - What does it all Mean? 1983-2006 Retrospective

The Walkmen - you and me

The week that was - The week that was

Beck - Modern Guilt

Sigur Ros - Me

That Deastro record's pretty decent like!

Have you listened to the Bon Iver and AA Bondy records? You should, they're quality.

Heard the White Lies album yesterday and some of the new Franz stuff; It's cracking!

Bon Iver is my fav album of the year so far - For emma, forever ago is a great album. Haven't listened to AA Bondy stuff may have a look for that.

Downloaded today:

Emiliana Torrini - Me and Armini

Okkervil River - The Stand Ins

Girl Talk - Night Ripper

Sad to say I hardly know anything listed on this page, but I'll start hunting some of it down for a listen.

Listening to an Emylou Harris Bets Of album at the moment. She has a great voice.

This will be followed soon by The Bxstxrd Sons of Johnny Cash. Their 3rd album Mile Markers. I've had it for ages but never really gotten into it. Time to give it another whirl.

Anyone like 3 Doors Down or am I in a minority of 1?

I had a feeling you'd be a Dream Theater fan as I'd noticed you'd been listening to Porcupine Tree earlier in this thread :lolrangers:

Porcupine Tree are amazing, like a cross between early Rush and Radiohead. Why they haven't had the same kind of critical and commercial acclaim that Muse have, is beyond me. Having said that, they packed out the Manchester Academy last year, so their following is there.

I'm looking forward to the next Dream Theater DVD as well. I hear it's got 5hrs worth of material on there and having seen them on the last tour, I think they're sounding as good as ever, even their much-criticised vocalist James la Brie.

Now playing: Metallica - Death Magnetic

Porcupine Tree are amazing, like a cross between early Rush and Radiohead. Why they haven't had the same kind of critical and commercial acclaim that Muse have, is beyond me. Having said that, they packed out the Manchester Academy last year, so their following is there.

I only have Fear of a Blank Planet myself but I only got into Porcupine Tree a few months ago. I had noticed that album getting a good review in Metal Hammer. and then guy at work mentioned Porcupine Tree while I was talking about Dream Theater so I thought I'd better give them a try. I got the Fear of a Blank Planet album and as soon as I heard the first song on the album (Fear of a Blank Planet) I was like "Wow, this is frigging amazing!" I love it when you hear a band for the first time and you instantly love it.

I love prog style rock/metal.

I'm going to see Opeth in November, one of my all time favourite bands. They mix death metal and prog metal and one moment its brutal as hell, the next its melodic and beautiful. I've already seen them once this year, at the Barrowland in Glasgow during the Defenders of the Faith tour.

Drapery Falls - Thats the song that they end their set at The Barras with, epic as hell :scouser:

Guest rocket_scientist

Rockferry by Duffy.

Warwick Avenue first track to bring tears to my eyes for a very long time.

Best female singer and songwriter for years. Genius talent.

Guest rocket_scientist
My mother is also quite a fan.

Is that an offer?

EDIT: Oh Jeez, it was probably a genuine line. Excuse the sickness of my mind.

But if she's fit, and discreet.....

Sorry.