Films

On 12/19/2022 at 7:16 AM, alscotoz said:

The Banshees of Inisherin. Very good movie.

Good movie and gets progressively more fucked up as it goes on. 

Might be the best character/dialogue driven British film since Withnail and I or Wide Open Spaces. 

Sexy Beast another candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Watched this last night. Really enjoyed it. 

Some of the dialogue is fucking hilarious. Great writing and acted brilliantly by all but especially Farrell. 

Yeah I agree. Not every movie has to be a Hollywood blockbuster. I thought Farrell's performance was excellent. You could genuinely feel that he was confused.

The scene where he tells the student he has to go home because his old man got hit had me in stitches 

3 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Yeah I agree. Not every movie has to be a Hollywood blockbuster. I thought Farrell's performance was excellent. You could genuinely feel that he was confused.

The scene where he tells the student he has to go home because his old man got hit had me in stitches 

"Sure people get hit by bread vans all the time" 

"I know, that's how me mammy died" 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1

Watched The Irishman this week, at last. To be fair, I really enjoyed it, though the de-aging CGI was obvious. I'm not sure Wabbat De Knee Woah was a convincing Paddy, but in fairness the 3hr 29min runtime passed fairly quickly, even if the pace in the last quarter was a little slow. A good modern day gangsta flick.

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It’s a good film. A bit long for some folk but you don’t have to watch it in one sitting. 

I took the plunge and watched it in a single sitting, albeit with a ten minute coffee break at the 90min mark. Tbh, I didn't feel it was overlong, as the pacing was pretty good, until the final quarter.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

Watched The Irishman this week, at last. To be fair, I really enjoyed it, though the de-aging CGI was obvious. I'm not sure Wabbat De Knee Woah was a convincing Paddy, but in fairness the 3hr 29min runtime passed fairly quickly, even if the pace in the last quarter was a little slow. A good modern day gangsta flick.

A lot of folk weren't too keen on it, I thought it was great. Need to watch again.