Coronavirus

Henry

What a shame the original Covid thread is lost ?

“A cluster of 13 cases of Covid-19 linked to a pub in Aberdeen is being investigated by public health authorities.
NHS Grampian said the cases were associated with The Hawthorn Bar in the city centre.
All those who tested positive are showing only mild symptoms, though the health board said there may be further cases linked to the cluster.
The pub said the outbreak was linked to customers who visited on 26 July.”

2 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Ahh it's just that's not how your original comments came over.

Getting used to wearing masks when I go to the supermarket now but at the same time I have steered clear of going into Aberdeen shopping - why take the chance.

Hope I am wrong but just got a horrible feeling that it's going to get much worse before it gets any better ?

Eh went to the game yesterday as a paying punter.  There was a boy on the train all masked up.  Not sure what he was trying to achieve.  Going on a packed train to a game with 30,000 people attending, yet scared he''d catch the cooties.

Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

My point is contrary to all medical evidence, the way forward was for everyone to wear muzzles.

Since then, the rona has started to take off again.   Yet no fucker questions the wisdom of the authorities.

Ahh it's just that's not how your original comments came over.

Getting used to wearing masks when I go to the supermarket now but at the same time I have steered clear of going into Aberdeen shopping - why take the chance.

Hope I am wrong but just got a horrible feeling that it's going to get much worse before it gets any better ?

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

"All those who tested positive are showing only mild symptoms" 

Still its handy to be able to ramp up the fear. 

Aye but what if they are in a household with those shielding or then go visit their grandparents and pass it on to them?

Might be mild to a 28 year old could well be serious to those far older, or those with underlying health conditions, than them.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

"All those who tested positive are showing only mild symptoms" 

Still its handy to be able to ramp up the fear. 

It's not ramping up fear it's showing that people still need to be careful, there's also other cases up here from other bars that will maybe make the paper this week but it goes to show just how volatile things are. 

There's going to be an element of risk in all of this until we (if we) ever get a vaccine unfortunately.  

I get why we need to be cautious but if some got their way and we close all the bars and resteraunts again then what happens? More job losses and has a chain effect on suppliers etc.  

I was at the bar a few weeks ago and it was all well set up everyone was keeping distance etc. Took details when I got in.  Would be a shame if one, or a few like minijc has mentioned to spoil it all. The worst of it makes the media but the vast majority stick to it. 

It's a topic that we are all never going to agree on 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye but what if they are in a household with those shielding or then go visit their grandparents and pass it on to them?

Might be mild to a 28 year old could well be serious to those far older, or those with underlying health conditions, than them.

Unless the people 'shielding' live in a bubble for the rest of their lives they are going to catch it at some point. 

When did 'flattering the curve' become trying to ensure no one catches it? It exists, it always will exist and we need to get on with life and mitigate the effects. 

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Unless the people 'shielding' live in a bubble for the rest of their lives they are going to catch it at some point. 

When did 'flattering the curve' become trying to ensure no one catches it? It exists, it always will exist and we need to get on with life and mitigate the effects. 

That’s how they justified it. Now that they’ve had a chance to increase capacity and have a test and trace system in place There’s not really any excuse to go in to lockdown again 

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's not ramping up fear it's showing that people still need to be careful, there's also other cases up here from other bars that will maybe make the paper this week but it goes to show just how volatile things are. 

It's 13 people coming down with a heavy cold Mini. No need to be in the papers at all. 

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's 13 people coming down with a heavy cold Mini. No need to be in the papers at all. 

It's not just a heavy cold though is it?  Plus there's a good chance these 13 people have been in contact with a lot more people ones that could easily suffer much worse than these people.

As for shutting down the pubs I don't agree with that unless they haven't been enforcing the rules and I know some bars that haven't been doing that, cramming too many people in for example.

2 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Eh went to the game yesterday as a paying punter.  There was a boy on the train all masked up.  Not sure what he was trying to achieve.  Going on a packed train to a game with 30,000 people attending, yet scared he''d catch the cooties.

Pathetic.

What are 'the cooties', brian? Sounds like some American term pish