Pet Hates

StandFree1982

People that say they don't like the Beatles. If you don't like the Beatles you don't like music.

Agreed.

Always baffles me when indie music fans in particular say they hate the beatles. The lineage is obvious so wtf. Mongols.

Revolver is their best for me. White albums ace too. Sgt Peppers well over rated for me.

The Beatles and Bob Marley should be part of the music curriculum for primary school kids.

Agreed.

Always baffles me when indie music fans in particular say they hate the beatles. The lineage is obvious so wtf. Mongols.

Revolver is their best for me. White albums ace too. Sgt Peppers well over rated for me.

The Beatles and Bob Marley should be part of the music curriculum for primary school kids.

Not true in all cases. I'm an indie music fan and am a fan of the Beatles.

Folk asking for ridiculous drinks at your house when you host a party. Prosecco, wine, beer or spirits etc you will clearly either have or purchased in advance.

No I’m afraid I don’t have Malibu or tomato juice for a Bloody Mary you cock. If you want a Martini take a bottle in with you.

RE the Beatles, side 2 of Rubber Soul is up there with any side 2 of any album. Some strong songwriting, really going against the pop grain with a lot of negative themes - see Girl/ Looking through you. In my life with the classic piano solo (inserted by Dod Martin I think) is timeless aswell.

Help is a great album showing a band starting to really take control of their sound.

Favourite post Beatles song? Probably Watching the Wheels, for me.