Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

Definitely something in this. Better teams who stay resolute and organised usually frustrate us, then pick our pockets in the later stages. In our periods of ascendancy we lack that edge and guile to get in front. McGinn had plenty of the ball but looked clueless. Mclean missed two chances and just doesnt score often enough. Nor do Jack and Shinnie. Rooney isn't sharp, mobile or clever enough to pose a threat against a tight defence.

For me the tactical approach is too ponderous - its ok to have a possession based style but sometimes you need to be prepared to counter attack quickly and incisively.

For me the tactical approach is too ponderous - its ok to have a possession based style but sometimes you need to be prepared to counter attack quickly and incisively.

It looks like that but St J aren't open to the counter attack which is why they are so hard to beat. They sit deep. They have to be unpicked by guile and skill. Christie looked a likelier bet than McGinn but was taken off.

It looks like that but St J aren't open to the counter attack which is why they are so hard to beat. They sit deep. They have to be unpicked by guile and skill. Christie looked a likelier bet than McGinn but was taken off.

Could be the case aye, I was making a more general comment about how we approach most games. I've always felt it's a bit too laboured, careful and slow in the build up.

Finally got round to watching the highlights yesterday.

Am i right in thinking that we had one attempt on target the whole game? And that in itself seemed to be a Rooney sclaff.

The goal lost from the passback was shocking. Swanson shouldn't be getting the ball through the players and past the goalkeeper. It was like we've never drilled how to deal with a free kick within the box.

Defensively i think we're looking very shakey. What's that now in the past 3 or 4 home games? 6 goals conceded or something like that. Very poor.