Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

Guest RosemountRed

Keep our cards close to chest by playing Pawlett, Storey, Wright and Stockley. Then in the final completely wrongfoot Rodgers by going with Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine, McLean, Shinnie, Jack, McGinn, Rooney and Hayes. Rooney up front as lone striker out on the right, confusing defenders by trying to head high balls without leaving the ground.

Or do it the other way around.

I'd go for the longer ball agreeing with some of you-

Lewis

Logan Reynolds Taylor Considine

Shinnie O'Connor

McGinn McLean Hayes

Stockley

We need to take a different approach from the games we've played against them before and think the longer ball game and starting O'Connor beside Shinnie should make the midfield a bit more defensive and harder to beat.

disagree

Celtic will want to lay down a marker here and so should we. They also want this "invincibles" tag to go with their treble. only we can realistically stop both from happening

I think there should be a few physical markers laid down by us in the absence of Brown not being there to bully any of our boys. Get in their faces and be hard but fair in the tackle on likes of Roberts and Griffiths.

Keep our cards close to chest by playing Pawlett, Storey, Wright and Stockley. Then in the final completely wrongfoot Rodgers by going with Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine, McLean, Shinnie, Jack, McGinn, Rooney and Hayes. Rooney up front as lone striker out on the right, confusing defenders by trying to head high balls without leaving the ground.

Very imaginative.

Fuck knows how you ever managed to come up with the likes of that.

I'd like to see us go for our usual lineup and impose our game on them, but I think McInnes will go all gimpy and more or less go with a back 5 using Hayes and McTim as wing backs and have Rooney isolated up front. We'll then watch the unwashed minkers attack relentlessly as Taylor and Reynolds launch long ball after long ball up to Rooney, who in turn will lose out on every ariel battle. We need to learn to stop trying to use Rooney as a target man, it's just not his forte.

0-3.

Point of order . The cunts have been well beaten this season by the likes of Barcelona, Munchengladbach ,Hapoel Beer-Sheva and the Lincoln Red Imps.

Domestic unbeaten run.., made easier by biased Scottish refs.

Fling in a neutral ref ,where Brown cant go flying about like the Tasmanian Devil, and they get found out big time.

Never fail to remind the fuckpigs of these facts .

But but but they drew 3-3 with Man City so they did but byraway and broonie hus the highest pass completion percentage in the champions league byraway.

Point of order . The cunts have been well beaten this season by the likes of Barcelona, Munchengladbach ,Hapoel Beer-Sheva and the Lincoln Red Imps.

Domestic unbeaten run.., made easier by biased Scottish refs.

Fling in a neutral ref ,where Brown cant go flying about like the Tasmanian Devil, and they get found out big time.

Never fail to remind the fuckpigs of these facts .

I wouldn't argue with any of that but we both know the media here will dress it up as an invincibles season if they do go unbeaten. I'd love it if we stopped this and the treble.

The media in England were happy enough referring to Arsenal 03/04 as The Invincibles, and they didn't get close to a domestic treble.

I'm not sure we can accuse the Scottish media of some vast conspiracy if they decide to use the same language to describe a Celtic team who are on the verge of a domestic treble AND being undefeated in the league.

• Upvote 1

The media in England were happy enough referring to Arsenal 03/04 as The Invincibles, and they didn't get close to a domestic treble.

I'm not sure we can accuse the Scottish media of some vast conspiracy if they decide to use the same language to describe a Celtic team who are on the verge of a domestic treble AND being undefeated in the league.

I've never quite understood the Arsenal invincibles tag. The season they went undefeated in the league they lost 6 competitive matches (3 in Europe, 2 in the League Cup and 1 in the FA Cup). The year Man United won the treble they lost 4 matches in the whole season (3 in the league and 1 in the League Cup) and they went undefeated in their final 33 matches in all competitions winning the 3 big trophies available to them in the process. That for me is far more impressive than Arsenal being undefeated over 38 league games. Basically Arsenal lost two more games in their so called "invincible" season than United did in their treble winning season with Arsenal winning a mere 1 trophy compared to United's 3. Yet to this day Arsenal 03/04 are still lauded as invincible...which they clearly weren't.

I've never quite understood the Arsenal invincibles tag. The season they went undefeated in the league they lost 6 competitive matches (3 in Europe, 2 in the League Cup and 1 in the FA Cup). The year Man United won the treble they lost 4 matches in the whole season (3 in the league and 1 in the League Cup) and they went undefeated in their final 33 matches in all competitions winning the 3 big trophies available to them in the process. That for me is far more impressive than Arsenal being undefeated over 38 league games. Basically Arsenal lost two more games in their so called "invincible" season than United did in their treble winning season with Arsenal winning a mere 1 trophy compared to United's 3. Yet to this day Arsenal 03/04 are still lauded as invincible...which they clearly weren't.

You give far too much of a fuck about English football is all I can say to that

• Upvote 1

You give far too much of a fuck about English football is all I can say to that

I don't watch English football I couldn't give two fucks about it it's the perfect example of all that is wrong with modern day football. Don't confuse me pointing out how ridiculous it is for fans and media alike to tag a team "invincible" despite them losing 6 games with me actually giving a toss about the game down there.

I reckon Mcinnes will pick near enough the strongest line-up that's available.

Whether many of our regular players will be totally up for the remaining league games now i have my doubts.

Tims will be up for it knowing this is their hardest game left.

O-2 or 1-3 here.

I would like to see one or two of our youngsters start in the remaining league games, as long as they are players who Derek wants for sure in the squad next season.

I don't do the whole conspiracy thing, but no-one ever describes Aberdeen's 1983/84 season as a treble winning season which I always find strange. League, Scottish Cup, super cup (surely the super cup ranks above the league cup).

Probably the closest we came to a domestic treble too - lost 1-0 over two legs to Celtic in the league cup semis. Also were ECWC semi-finalists. Could have done the quintuple.

Andrew Considine believes his side can become the first Scottish side to beat champions Celtic this season and overcome them twice within 16 days - in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup final.

Correct answer.

I believe that the Dons can achieve these two results, with a win at Ibrox in between.

:sheepdance:

Andrew Considine believes his side can become the first Scottish side to beat champions Celtic this season and overcome them twice within 16 days - in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup final.

Correct answer.

I believe that the Dons can achieve these two results, with a win at Ibrox in between.

:sheepdance:

I'd love to agree with Considine. Unfortunately nothing I've seen in the 7 games against the ugly sisters this season (6 defeats, 4 goals scored 15 conceded) convinces me that we can somehow turn all that around and beat them a combined 3 times in a row in the space of a few weeks.