Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

The media in England were happy enough referring to Arsenal 03/04 as The Invincibles, and they didn't get close to a domestic treble.

I'm not sure we can accuse the Scottish media of some vast conspiracy if they decide to use the same language to describe a Celtic team who are on the verge of a domestic treble AND being undefeated in the league.

I don't do the whole conspiracy thing, but no-one ever describes Aberdeen's 1983/84 season as a treble winning season which I always find strange. League, Scottish Cup, super cup (surely the super cup ranks above the league cup).

Probably the closest we came to a domestic treble too - lost 1-0 over two legs to Celtic in the league cup semis. Also were ECWC semi-finalists. Could have done the quintuple.

Andrew Considine believes his side can become the first Scottish side to beat champions Celtic this season and overcome them twice within 16 days - in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup final.

Correct answer.

I believe that the Dons can achieve these two results, with a win at Ibrox in between.

:sheepdance:

Andrew Considine believes his side can become the first Scottish side to beat champions Celtic this season and overcome them twice within 16 days - in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup final.

Correct answer.

I believe that the Dons can achieve these two results, with a win at Ibrox in between.

I'd love to agree with Considine. Unfortunately nothing I've seen in the 7 games against the ugly sisters this season (6 defeats, 4 goals scored 15 conceded) convinces me that we can somehow turn all that around and beat them a combined 3 times in a row in the space of a few weeks.

I'd love to agree with Considine. Unfortunately nothing I've seen in the 7 games against the ugly sisters this season (6 defeats, 4 goals scored 15 conceded) convinces me that we can somehow turn all that around and beat them a combined 3 times in a row in the space of a few weeks.

Yeah, its entirely possible of course but the point is its not very likely and we don't really seem to be on course for any such thing.

I'd take 2 wins out of 3 as being a quite remarkable end to the season to be honest.

Correct answer.

How will we do at Partick?

How will we do at Partick?

The pressure is off Aberdeen now.

Nobody expects the Dons to win against Celtic or Sevco.

This team can win ALL their remaining matches.

I always believe that the fans are more nervous than the players in these games.

The most important thing in the final three league games is keeping all the players fit. We are already without Christie for the final and potentially Jack and Pawlett as well. We can't afford anymore injuries as the squad is already pretty stretched if both Jack and Pawlett miss the final.

I fancy Derek to go with two strong teams in the next two games and then give some of the regular players a break. Friday is relevant in the fact that we want to put up a fight and give the players some confidence going in to the cup final. Even getting a draw on Friday would show we can match them.

Play the young boys against partick and give the cup final players a few days off and back in on the Monday to crack on for the final.

Correct answer.

Say "No" to drugs.

Guest RosemountRed

Edit...Christie should definitely play the full 90 minutes in the last two league games.

Why? I'd rather see Scott Wright.

The pressure is off Aberdeen now.

Nobody expects the Dons to win against Celtic or Sevco.

This team can win ALL their remaining matches.

I always believe that the fans are more nervous than the players in these games.

Nothing nervous about making a cold realistic assessment.

We CAN win all 3 but its likely we won't.

Any impartial assessment of our recent games against Celtic and Sevco would come to that conclusion.

I'd still be happy with 2 wins out of 3 there. Or in fact 1 win and 1 draw as long as the win is in the cup final.

Nothing nervous about making a cold realistic assessment.

We CAN win all 3 but its likely we won't.

Any impartial assessment of our recent games against Celtic and Sevco would come to that conclusion.

I'd still be happy with 2 wins out of 3 there. Or in fact 1 win and 1 draw as long as the win is in the cup final.

If we win the Cup Final, then i won't give a flying fuck with we lose 0-3 in each of the other two.

Would obviously rather we won all 4 but this Friday and away to Partick can both suck me off tbf, nae really arsed.

Ibrox. McInnes has to start winning these types of games. As a club it's a massive hoodoo we need to get off our back.

SCF. Speaks for itself . HUGE

I don't watch English football I couldn't give two fucks about it it's the perfect example of all that is wrong with modern day football. Don't confuse me pointing out how ridiculous it is for fans and media alike to tag a team "invincible" despite them losing 6 games with me actually giving a toss about the game down there.

Your in depth knowledge of the respective teams' seasons would suggest you could give at least one fuck