Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

The above does carry a highly patronising tone and makes you sound like a pompous oik. However, being familiar with your contributions over the years, I'd come to this conclusion a long time ago anyway... so it's neither here nor there really! Nevertheless, thanks for the apology in advance, which I will graciously accept and we'll move on...

I think you massively underestimate the power and draw of that 'Independence strand'. Without this strand and with another credible option for the electorate in the Scotland, the SNP would be reduced to also rans.

You make a very good point and it'll be interesting to see what happens to the list vote, with the proposed "Wings Party" if/when Sturgeon bottles it and lets the mandate expire. They're certainly very critical of the post-2014 SNP's policies, especially the virtue signalling nonsense on gender self-ID.

There’s far too many posters who don’t live in Scotland getting all political. Leave it to the poor fuckers stuck there.

I might be an expat in Bigotsville, but I still have an interest in my homeland, especially as I intend to return ASAP. Going by your logic, should the 9% of Scotland's population that are English be told to leave it to the Scots? (not a bad idea actually, as I lived down there for over 7 years and never told the English how to run their country)

Good for you, but what's your take on this state of affairs? Do you think it's normal that a country that, in large part, prides itself on its unique identity and heritage, ultimately submits to another country and is happy for that other country to run the majority of its affairs for it?

I'll say this, if Scotland rejects it's own independence a second time, then it can never again claim to stand apart from - or object to - anything the British establishment carries out in its name. Whether it be foreign wars, high-level corruption, brutal social policies, etc. we will be seen, in the eyes of the world, as complicit in it all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good for you, but what's your take on this state of affairs? Do you think it's normal that a country that, in large part, prides itself on its unique identity and heritage, ultimately submits to another country and is happy for that other country to run the majority of its affairs for it?

I'll say this, if Scotland rejects it's own independence a second time, then it can never again claim to stand apart from - or object to - anything the British establishment carries out in its name. Whether it be foreign wars, high-level corruption, brutal social policies, etc. we will be seen, in the eyes of the world, as complicit in it all.

Honestly, eh really couldn’t care less. It doesn’t and won’t affect me.

• Downvote 1

Fuck Corbyn, he's a Communist. His self-confessed Marxist sidekick McDonnell is just as barmy. It's a travesty that these two clowns are being taken seriously by so many, but that's as much a sad indictment on the state of the UK government. If these two choices are "Better Together" then God help us all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fuck Corbyn, he's a Communist. His self-confessed Marxist sidekick McDonnell is just as barmy. It's a travesty that these two clowns are being taken seriously by so many, but that's as much a sad indictment on the state of the UK government. If these two choices are "Better Together" then God help us all.

Corbyn <3

McDonnell <3

A modern day Marx and Engels.

• Downvote 1