Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Threat of top clubs split.

I see  on the BBC sport Scotland website, Dundee chairman has suggested that the top clubs may be looking at breaking away again in the future,

Obviously these greed driven ,arrogant cunts, have learned nothing from the failed SPL, era,

If this comes to pass and Aberdeen are complicent in it I'm finished with the club and the game in Scotland.

When you read the whole article that's not really what he's saying. He's talking about the so-called fiasco with the voting last year where they effectively had the casting vote in sending Hearts down, about clubs voting in self-interest, that there was/is an opportunity to change things, that nobody really grasped that opportunity.

When all is said and done there are 24 full-time clubs in Scotland.  Can you really call the part-time clubs "professional"?  I don't think that you can, I'm fully with what Gordon Strachan said about this.  I know a player who was PT with a club that then went FT; he was offered an increase of £50pw to go full time; this a guy that was on a comfortable salary in his day job.  The FT/PT thing in Scotland really is a joke.  We should confine the PT teams to regional leagues and let them into the elite professional setup only under license.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Does a 14 league team mean a top 6 / bottom 8 split?

Dont care if the two I have in mind fuck off.

But seriously, since you ask, I dont actually have as much of a problem as some with the split.  Concentrating as many "relevant" teams together in a run-in seems to make perfect sense to me.  Im too young, just, to remember the old top division where we played each other twice but certainly the EPHell (and I shouldnt compare the two for sure) seems to be dead rubber after dead rubber from March in.

Clubs want to play the ugly two four times, mainly to get the money they bring.

So a extended top league was always going to be hard for the top teams to vote for.

A split for top 6 and bottom 8 would be fine by me, gives the bottom more games to play.

Have a play off for the two teams above the relegated bottom team.

Possibly have a play off for Europe for the last position place.

18 team league would be absolutely brilliant. 

The derbies would have more meaning and interest. 

more teams would have a chance of challenging for the league.... unfortunately that’s why it’ll never happen. Even though longer term it would make Scottish football and therefore Celtic & rangers stronger. It would make everyone stronger I reckon. 

• Upvote 1