Where will we finish?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 3rd
    • 4th

The positive drum burst during the fantastic season Aberdeen just had. Even though they sneak into Europe how long do you honestly think they would last with Mcinnes and Milne signing 10 unknown replacements for the 10 heading out. Moult would probably go to shit like Stewart and may playing under Mcinnes,tactics.

They? Come clean about who you support or fuck off.

Oddball.

• Upvote 1

Not if we use 4th positively, get a squad in place for the Euro 1st round in plenty time (should have started by now imo) and give it a right good go. No-one will care about 4th.

Yes I’m taking hertz hertzing it in the cup for granted which is dangerous. Levein meltdown incoming.

Meekly accepting 4th, fucking up against Moldovan posties or east fife away (which is better?). and then using that as an excuse to do fuck all transfer wise till August 30th when we “swoop” for Reynolds and Fyvie on loan would be an entirely different proposition.

Not if we use 4th positively, get a squad in place for the Euro 1st round in plenty time (should have started by now imo) and give it a right good go. No-one will care about 4th.

Yes I’m taking hertz hertzing it in the cup for granted which is dangerous. Levein meltdown incoming.

Meekly accepting 4th, fucking up against Moldovan posties or east fife away (which is better?). and then using that as an excuse to do fuck all transfer wise till August 30th when we “swoop” for Reynolds and Fyvie on loan would be an entirely different proposition.

Pretty much how I feel.

3rd/4th who cares really BUT europe and squad building are important

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Almost £250k difference in prize money between finishing 3rd and 4th. Unless we sell, McKenna in the summer, I'd suggest that difference could be pretty vital in allowing the manager to get in his top targets. Hearts and Hibs are getting higher crowds than us and the financial gap we had to them is closing. We need any advantage at all that we can get, that's why it's important.

I wasn’t suggesting not finishing 3rd out of spite ffs. If you’re using the £250k per place arguement then why not come 2nd whilst we’re at it.

And no, I don’t think hertz can raise their game. But they could bludgeon their way to a trophy when Celtic inevitably let their hubris trip them up.

You do realise there are 2 games left?

If we were to finish 4th and hearts somehow scrap, blooter and hack their way into Europe instead of us would be a disaster.

I think most other's point is we would prefer not to risk the (admittedly very very small) chance of Hearts fluking a win an the Cup Final and Killie pipping us to third, leaving us with trips to the likes of Methil and Falkirk instead of a nice trip to somewhere like Montenegro or Finland

• Upvote 1

Best case scenario is we win on friday and Hibs win on saturday. This means Hibs confirm 5th place over Hearts and have nothing to play for on the last day and stick out the youth against us. 

Realistically we lose on friday and Killie win saturday and its 4th for us.