Future Of The Club

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1760576/dons-casting-the-net-to-deliver-true-red-matchday/

A rugby team (to add to the wifies fitba team), supporters bar only if you buy a premium seat, Micheling Star dining and shuttle buses.

The future is shite!

:laughing: GIB. :zoomer:

He's says a supporters bar, so surely he means an additional premium supporters bar in addition to a larger main supporters bar for all.

If not, then WTF!!

He's says a supporters bar, so surely he means an additional premium supporters bar in addition to a larger main supporters bar for all.

If not, then WTF!!

Doesnt sound like it reading that.

Got folk by the balls to buy a premium seat to get a beer due to the location.

The rugby bit too. FFS!

Regardless how much of a Gibber folk are they must see that is a piss take.

Catering for rugby types too by the looks of it.

Michelin Star?...... Fuck off!

The Future Is Fucked!

No, it needs addressed

Your posts are utterly predictable, boring crap

Log out

Ok son.

Anyhoo the discussion is about a subject that is no concern of yours.... rugby on our pitch is mental, forcing folk to buy a premium seat to get a beer is mental, serving Mechelin Star grub is mental, shuttle buses are mental.

If anyone agrees with all of those things then fair play... to the mental cunts. :)

• Upvote 1

Ok son.

Anyhoo the discussion is about a subject that is no concern of yours.... rugby on our pitch is mental, forcing folk to buy a premium seat to get a beer is mental, serving Mechelin Star grub is mental, shuttle buses are mental.

If anyone agrees with all of those things then fair play... to the mental cunts. :)

Seen what playing rugby can do to the pitch at pittodrie, not ideal at all but if it adds up financially I guess it’s something they will seriously look at.

If the supporters bar only holds say 2,000 (can’t remmesbr how much) surely the club has to do something to cap the amount of people that can use it.

Whts the problem with having a mitchelin star restaurant that’s open throughout the week? If it works well financially for Genk then why not here? The club should surely be praised for looking different ideas?

Shuttles busses are one I’m not 100% sure about but it works well at stadiums all around the world. The whole city has to be on board with this for it to even get off the ground. Lanes solely for match day traffic etc. Needs to be a pretty quick process or I can’t really see it taking off?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What is this act of yours?

Is it humour?

Tell you what it actually is - embarrassing and extremely boring

Imagine having the time to not only come on a football forum, but come on to JUST talk shite and try in serious vain to be controversial

EL. OH. EL

• Upvote 6

Seen what playing rugby can do to the pitch at pittodrie, not ideal at all but if it adds up financially I guess it’s something they will seriously look at.

If the supporters bar only holds say 2,000 (can’t remmesbr how much) surely the club has to do something to cap the amount of people that can use it.

Whts the problem with having a mitchelin star restaurant that’s open throughout the week? If it works well financially for Genk then why not here? The club should surely be praised for looking different ideas?

Shuttles busses are one I’m not 100% sure about but it works well at stadiums all around the world. The whole city has to be on board with this for it to even get off the ground. Lanes solely for match day traffic etc. Needs to be a pretty quick process or I can’t really see it taking off?

400 was it not?

• Upvote 1

400 was it not?

As little as that? I really think the club could score if it set up a proper fan zone outside the stadium. Even if it was in a marquee or something. Serious lack of pubs in touching distance they could get a marquee that would hold a few thousand. Massive bar with heaps of taps etc. Everyone that fancies a drink before game going there a few hours before KO!

As little as that? I really think the club could score if it set up a proper fan zone outside the stadium. Even if it was in a marquee or something. Serious lack of pubs in touching distance they could get a marquee that would hold a few thousand. Massive bar with heaps of taps etc. Everyone that fancies a drink before game going there a few hours before KO!

Marquee is a very good idea. Not a chance the club could have a 2000 capacity supporters bar though.

The hybrid pitch should be able to handle it - though I've no idea of the state of the Bristol City pitch.

From the way Aberdeen are talking, and the fact they're comparing it to Atlanta, Spurs, Bristol and Gent, they either expect to be allowed to sell alcohol at games by the time the stadium is built, or have forgotten about the current regulations.

To be fair, it wouldn't be an issue for any rugby matches they host.

I blocked Betty a long time ago but if it's coming from him then don't expect any sort of sensible answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if that's true - and all these fans that went had free tickets, it doesn't automatically mean 60,000 people will turn up for Bilbao v Madrid.

Likewise, if Aberdeen announced that their U20s games were free, it doesn't automatically mean 20,000 fans will turn up.

So the fact 60,000 turned up, shows that there's an audience there who wanted to watch women's football. No-one forced them along.

Whether I have a "vested interest" or not, you can't continue to pretend that women's football is not growing in popularity all over the world, and that there is more media interest in it, that sponsors and advertising is in the increase and more money to be made from having a successful women's team.

6.1 million watched Scotland v England on the BBC last night.

Just think how many will tune in to watch Aberdeen in the Women's Champions League final.

I watched about 20 mins of it. The standard was absolutely pish

I expect many will say the same (I actually thought it was a decent game, but then I don't watch it with the expectation it'll be anywhere near the level of the men's game). However, that wasn't the point I was making.

Thousands travelled from Scotland and England to the game. 6.1m watched from the U.K. on TV. The BBC were posting videos from Scotland showing pubs full of fans watching the game.

It clearly is a growing game and it'll be interesting to see what interest a successful Aberdeen Women's team could generate as the game continues to grow.

I expect many will say the same (I actually thought it was a decent game, but then I don't watch it with the expectation it'll be anywhere near the level of the men's game). However, that wasn't the point I was making.

Thousands travelled from Scotland and England to the game. 6.1m watched from the U.K. on TV. The BBC were posting videos from Scotland showing pubs full of fans watching the game.

It clearly is a growing game and it'll be interesting to see what interest a successful Aberdeen Women's team could generate as the game continues to grow.

The attendance was 13,000 including corporate sponsors and freebies.

Aberdeen struggle to get punters through the door to watch the mens team.  The Aberdeen womens team could win 10IAR and they still wouldn't get anyone along to watch them.

Womens football is pish and will return to irrelevance after this world cup.

The sad fact is that your posts on AFC Chat get more views than your articles about womens Scottish football on the BBC website!  No one cares.

• Upvote 1

Which was a very good crowd for a major sporting event. You're falling into the trap of comparing it to men's football.

Also doesn't detract from the fact that thousands travelled from Scotland and England for the game and made up the bulk of the crowd.

I'll take that wager that women's football continues to grow in terms of media interest, sponsorship, and advertising.

The sad fact is that your posts on AFC Chat get more views than your articles about womens Scottish football on the BBC website! No one cares.

Well I'm not allowed to share the stats from the BBC website, but if my posts are getting more views on here then what the BBC gets from women's football, then I can only imagine that's because I'm a box office poster, and I'm probably making @@Bebo a very rich man.

Aberdeen struggle to get punters through the door to watch the mens team. The Aberdeen womens team could win 10IAR and they still wouldn't get anyone along to watch them.

The sad fact is that your posts on AFC Chat get more views than your articles about womens Scottish football on the BBC website! No one cares.

Which was a very good crowd for a major sporting event. You're falling into the trap of comparing it to men's football.

Also doesn't detract from the fact that thousands travelled from Scotland and England for the game and made up the bulk of the crowd.

I'll take that wager that women's football continues to grow in terms of media interest, sponsorship, and advertising.

Well I'm not allowed to share the stats from the BBC website, but if my posts are getting more views on here then what the BBC gets from women's football, then I can only imagine that's because I'm a box office poster, and I'm probably making @@Bebo a very rich man.

:laughing:

Who knew!?  No one can bother their arse to actually watch the womens SPFL, yet there is a massive online following and hunger for the match reports!

To be fair to you, you do a decent job of attempting to justify your own existence!  You would have to, otherwise it would be soul-destroying work I imagine... Fortunately, blowing your own trumpet has never been a problem for you!

• Upvote 2

And yet the media keep pumping it as if it is equal. Someone even suggesting the prize money should be the same as the World Cup. I heard a quote on BBC Radio when the women's England team got to a final (or could have been a semi), "Best result since 66'"

'equality' BS from Liberal media, where the sisterhood are always talked-up. Being from the BBC you will be a fully paid-up member, or if your older, you will have been re-deducated.

:laughing:

Who knew!? No one can bother their arse to actually watch the womens SPFL, yet there is a massive online following and hunger for the match reports!

To be fair to you, you do a decent job of attempting to justify your own existence! You would have to, otherwise it would be soul-destroying work I imagine...

Fortunately, blowing your own trumpet has never been a problem for you!

Don't worry about me - I enjoy what I do.

Obviously it's not as fulfilling as your role as a football forum mod, but we can't have everything.

And yet the media keep pumping it as if it is equal. Someone even suggesting the prize money should be the same as the World Cup. I heard a quote on BBC Radio when the women's England team got to a final (or could have been a semi), "Best result since 66'"

'equality' BS from Liberal media, where the sisterhood are always talked-up. Being from the BBC you will be a fully paid-up member, or if your older, you will have been re-deducated.

Well no, I don't agree prize money should be the same. Don't think the media have bumped it up as equal either. They've just bumped it up, the same way they'll do for the rugby World Cup despite not being as popular as men's football, or the commonwealth games, or Wimbledon.

But there's little point in continuing to bury your head in the sand and pretend that no-one is watching or cares when all the stats disprove that theory.