Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

Maybe, but probably in a team of kids and shitebags.

We have Lewis or McKenna. Ferguson is a future captain but there's no rush for that imo.

It was a decent Hibs team actually.

I think Ferguson is clearly better captain material than McKenna. Why fuck about? The boy doesn't get phased by anything, let's just give him the job and get on with it. Martin Buchan and Willie Miller were both young when they became captains at Aberdeen

• Upvote 1

Seeing the seethe from the social media bams over Shinnie getting a nice sendoff is particularly funny.

NoT oNe Of OuR oWn. WoRe a HuN sHiRt aS a ChIlD.

Who gives a fuck?

Prob a few on here

Thought he played well. Again. As he has done 92% of the time. Guy next to me was giving it the full “one of our own “ at full time and he had been giving cosgrove, Wilson and pre goal Stewart dogs abuse so clearly not a happy clapper. He got a good solid hand clap from the bulk support and I feel that adequately conveys the feeling of the common man.

Hopefully have him back on loan in a year.

Game was a decent 7.9/10 and now it’s all about getting hammered in the clubs of the granite city

It was a decent Hibs team actually.

I think Ferguson is clearly better captain material than McKenna. Why fuck about? The boy doesn't get phased by anything, let's just give him the job and get on with it. Martin Buchan and Willie Miller were both young when they became captains at Aberdeen

Why fuck about? - I suppose exactly because he is already doing everything you'd want from a captain. There's no need to actually add that pressure when we can just let him play his natural game.

Captaincy is over rated imo. We need warriors all over the pitch not some mythic captain figure to lead the team into games.

Why fuck about? - I suppose exactly because he is already doing everything you'd want from a captain. There's no need to actually add that pressure when we can just let him play his natural game.

Captaincy is over rated imo. We need warriors all over the pitch not some mythic captain figure to lead the team into games.

Then why does McInnes rate Shinnie so highly as a captain for the way he motivates his team mates and gets more out of them if it isn't important?

And the point was that the boy doesn't feel pressure, he thrives on it. Which is why he should be captain

Seeing the seethe from the social media bams over Shinnie getting a nice sendoff is particularly funny.

NoT oNe Of OuR oWn. WoRe a HuN sHiRt aS a ChIlD.

Who gives a fuck?

Prob a few on here

Thought he played well. Again. As he has done 92% of the time. Guy next to me was giving it the full “one of our own “ at full time and he had been giving cosgrove, Wilson and pre goal Stewart dogs abuse so clearly not a happy clapper. He got a good solid hand clap from the bulk support and I feel that adequately conveys the feeling of the common man.

Hopefully have him back on loan in a year.

Game was a decent 7.9/10 and now it’s all about getting hammered in the clubs of the granite city

Then why does McInnes rate Shinnie so highly as a captain for the way he motivates his team mates and gets more out of them if it isn't important?

And the point was that the boy doesn't feel pressure, he thrives on it. Which is why he should be captain

Don't think it's that simple.

I guess I just like seeing the kid doing what he's doing without fucking about with things for him.

Don't think it's that simple.

I guess I just like seeing the kid doing what he's doing without fucking about with things for him.

It is simple. A good captain helps the team to be better. Most players need to be led unfortunately.

I understand your concern that the captaincy might weigh him down but I think he'd grow even more. But we'll just have to agree to disagree

Back from the game and jesus fucking christ Hearts were brutal to watch.

Thought we deserved our win and thought Considine had a great game before being forced off - Won every header.

Wilson also had a good game with 2 fantastic assist.

Good way to sign off what has been a mediocre campaign at best but 3rd is by no means guaranteed.

But have to say it once again, Hearts were fucking brutal to watch.

Agree and disagree with you here, he might thrive under the captaincy role and improve even quicker than he is already, some players are born leaders and it improves them. Agree that he might also do better to just concentrate on his game. Thing is, the professional game is all about getting the tiny edges in performance and over your opposition, our coaches can tell who will do better with the captains role....usually

I love the cut of Fergusons gib. Great finish for his goal and just a warrior. How fuckin shite are Hearts? WHS should be embarrassed to come on here.

I rate him as the best player we have by some distance...nailed on captain next season...IMHO

I rate him as the best player we have by some distance...nailed on captain next season...IMHO

Not a cat's chance in hell he will be captain. He was great last night but for fairly large  chunks of the season he's been at best average and occasionally anonymous......remember in December we were all crying out for him to be rested, albeit we had our best form of the season we were winning in spite of him not because of. He will be captain material by the time he's 21....just let him continue his progress unhindered by the responsibility for the time being. 

The captain's role in a fitba team is virtually irrelevant. He doesn't pick the team, determine the tactics, makes substitutions, manoeuvres positional play of team-mates etc, etc. If so much is invested in this warrior leader, what the hell is supposed to happen when he goes off with an injury or is substituted? Well, nothing really. Somebody else wears the armband and the team just carries on as before. Better a whole team of warriors.

Hearts are fuckin brutal, the way Refs are still immune to there horrible fouling tactics is bizarre, any team with Levien as manager is anti football and horrible to watch. We played better in the 2nd half but still ropey at the back and still totally unconvinced by Stewart and Wilson, thought Lowe and Ferguson were the standouts. Fergie for Captain if Mckenna is moved on

The captain's role in a fitba team is virtually irrelevant. He doesn't pick the team, determine the tactics, makes substitutions, manoeuvres positional play of team-mates etc, etc. If so much is invested in this warrior leader, what the hell is supposed to happen when he goes off with an injury or is substituted? Well, nothing really. Somebody else wears the armband and the team just carries on as before. Better a whole team of warriors.

How many whole teams of warriors do you see in modern football?