Films

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Us. Cunts that look like cunts are trying to kill cunts. Fuck knows what's going on. 5/10 No tits.

Was thinking exactly the same myself.

On Tomestone which seems to have had a sudden rival bout in these parts.

Sounds like there was an even better thing hidden in there.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, Bad_Mobby said:

Long Good Friday - 7/10

Buster - (Collins’ best work)  7/10 

The Commitments - 7.5/10 

Excellent selection. I would push Commitments to an 8, just for the line...’are you takin that horse in the lift’..’ I have to, the fucken stairs would kill him’

Watched, Donnie Brasco for the first time last night...very good 7/10..no tits from memory

• 2 weeks later...

The Decline .  Netflix. A French/Canadian thing ( I think) with a dubbed soundtrack.  Punters go to train in a remote survival camp and its all going well until an incident occurs then it all kicks off. Not too long for a film and I quite enjoyed it.  It could have been an hour longer with loads more happening but anyway...,8/10. 

• Dildo 1
On 5/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, GlezgaRed said:

Palm Springs (Groundhog Day style comedy, day repeating itself) on Amazon Prme, haven't laughed as much at a film since We're The Millers - 8/10.

Watched this the other night. I was sceptical as Groundhog Day is one of my favourite films, but it was really good. Samberg is brilliant, Miloti is lovely but J.K. Simmons absolutely steals it for me. He was fantastic. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I've just chucked on Filth. I've not watched in years.

Contemplated some killer shit (Yorkshire Ripper or such like) but a film is easier. Pishing of rain as well, so a film and then the Dandies game later.

Need to watch that again. Recently read the book for the third time. Absolutely brilliant.

Made me crave a sausage roll with brown sauce and black pepper. And to shag a woman called Bunty. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

God knows. Must have passed me by. You could almost feel the heat from it from the hottest day of the year. 

Did you watch Snowfall?  Watched 6 episodes of series 1 this week,  that's enough for me though.  Too many plot gaps,  and the CIA guy just didn't seem plausible. 

19 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Did you watch Snowfall?  Watched 6 episodes of series 1 this week,  that's enough for me though.  Too many plot gaps,  and the CIA guy just didn't seem plausible. 

I have not matey. Aye that kind of thing bugs me as well, implausible characters. I watched the Wolf of Wall St again the other night. Love that film. Leo is a fine ,fine actor.

I see there is a film called the Auschwitz escape coming on. I bet david Irving is watching it throwing things at the telly shouting, wrong wrong never happened. World at war is the only ww2 thing you should watch because they get to chat with ex nazis like albert speer, the jammy sod that got off because he said he installed a system that spread killer gas through Hitler's bunker.

Just watched 'Taxi Driver' at the Vue.

It was already up there as one of my favourite films, but seeing it in the cinema proper for the first time, was fucking ace. Definitely top 3.

Great soundtrack, great story, great character arch, beautifully shot on film, brilliant acting. 

I could talk about it all day, it's little subtleties, the slight and small moments that add to the character and the film in general, truly a masterpiece. 

Whats abdy else's favourite film?

10 hours ago, milne_afc said:

The Goonies

Top Gun

True Romance

Django Unchained

Platoon

True Romance and Django are good picks. 

Never much liked The Goonies or Top Gun, Platoon is good but haven't seen it in ages. 

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

That i do not doubt. 

Found it slow and boring 30 odd years ago and never watched it since. 

Will revisit it since we've became friends. 

One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Platoon

Ghostbusters 

Out for Justice 

'One flew' in ashamed to say I've only seen once. Must rewatch. 

Good, eclectic picks there though ??