Aberdeen 3 - 2 Hearts

Not our best performance but apart from a ten min spell sparked by a goal out of nothing including a lucky break of the ball hearts showed fuck all and we were comfortably the better team.

Usual agricultural stuff from hearts.

One thing that stood out though, wright offered nothing. Sadly not good enough. Everyone else looking decent and Ojo ran the midfield.

Really positive signs for the season ahead without being at our best

The point about injuries and missing players isn't to make excuses. We got beat fair. I said that.

It's to say you struggled against a shite Hearts team with 5 outfield players unable to play the whole game. I wasn't impressed with Aberdeen although, I'll say again, you won fair and the missing players aren't an excuse.

The recent trend is Aberdeen beat Hearts at home. Hearts beat Aberdeen at home. This was just a continuation of that. Just.

But by even mentioning the injured players and those not at 100% in the first place that is making excuses no? We had just as many unavailable players and those at less than 100% as Hearts did. Most would say Bryson is our star summer signing and he didn't play.

But you're right about one thing home advantage seems to be significant in this particular fixture recently. That's the 4th time on the trot we've beaten Hearts at Pittodrie (and no defeats in 7 against them up here now) but we've lost on our last 3 visits to Tynecastle. Hopefully we put that right on our next visit there.

It's not a Hearts side I rate highly.

But before you lot get too excited. You were at home. Losing with 10 mins left. Needed a stupid push from Dikless in the box to get a pen and win by the odd goal in 5.

We were without Haring. Souttar injured and off. Naismith and Washington couldn't start. Aidy White no ready as our first choice left back. That's 5 out of 10 outfield positions.

No excuses. We were beat. Fair and square. But this should have been easier for yous and you struggled. I don't rate Aberdeen highly on today.

And just the 1,500 up there on a Sunday for those that say we don't travel.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The point about injuries and missing players isn't to make excuses. We got beat fair. I said that.

It's to say you struggled against a shite Hearts team with 5 outfield players unable to play the whole game. I wasn't impressed with Aberdeen although, I'll say again, you won fair and the missing players aren't an excuse.

The recent trend is Aberdeen beat Hearts at home. Hearts beat Aberdeen at home. This was just a continuation of that. Just.

Do you honestly think anyone here gives a f**k if you were impressed or not. Stick to your own teams forums in future you clown.

• Upvote 2

A wee bit of perspective sir.

A few years back we played Real Sociadad on Thursday at beginning of season then got pumped by Arabs in league at home on Sunday.

Yesterday, even though a few players were running on empty at 2-1, we still managed to come back and win. What's more I reckon everyone in the stadium knew your young wing back was one tackle away from being sent off, yet your oaf of a manager didn't make a change.

If you guys want to progress you need to get rid. It would appear that you have some decent players, but you require a better manager to get the best of out of these players.

Wait a minute I don't give a fuck about the Watery Farts. My team won again and, if we sign another central defender, we're going to be very competitive this season

Not our best performance but apart from a ten min spell sparked by a goal out of nothing including a lucky break of the ball hearts showed fuck all and we were comfortably the better team.

Usual agricultural stuff from hearts.

One thing that stood out though, wright offered nothing. Sadly not good enough. Everyone else looking decent and Ojo ran the midfield.

Really positive signs for the season ahead without being at our best

I've just watched the highlights on the BBC website, their first goal was a fluke.

I thought at the time that it was a flick on from the Hearts player but Ojo headed the ball off the back of the Hearts players coupon and it fell perfectly for Naismith.

Hearts are fucking brutal to watch, they have always been brutal to watch, it's in their DNA to be hacking cunts.

Wasnt impressed with Aberdeen? of course you werent you fucking idiot, you wouldnt know a decent footballing side if it jumped up and bit you on the arse becasue you are a hearts fan, they are the worst footballing side in the Scottish premier, with the worst manager, not an interest in playing any football whatsoever, typified by the fact the youngest player on the park should have been sent off in the first half but rightfully got sent off in the end. they must learn that at the Acadamy? fucking horrible team. 

• Upvote 3

Pleased to kick the league off with a win, though it was probably less comfortable than I would have liked.

Hearts showing again that their proximity to murrayfield leads to confusion as to what game they are playing and what the rules about tackling are.

Another two in the bag for big Sam, he will be attracting bids in January if he keeps this up! 

• Upvote 1

Hearts are a very difficult team to play against. They make it all about battling. Long balls, physical pressure, incessant niggly fouls and sporadic pure thuggery.

We weren't great yesterday but it's very pleasing to have come through that and found a way to win. The sending off turned it back on our favour but if either Ikpeazu or Clare had been sent off when they should've been, we'd have won far more comfortably.

Funny to see the hun WHS come on here and claim to "not be making excuses", while also making 15 excuses for why his horrible bastard of a team got fuck all from the game. Serpent.

• Upvote 1

Folk say Hearts are a difficult to team to beat, but it's because they are absolutely brutal. Take nothing away from our team yesterday though, we got a result from a position i wouldnt have thought we would of manged last season. Hearts though... fuck me, i would sooner give up watching football altogether than have to watch my team play like that week after week. Embarrassing stuff.

Levein wont see out the season IMO. I can see Hearts being bottom 6, especially with that mong in charge. Clearly realises the limitations of his team and himself and has to resort to rugby style tactics to try and break up play. Thon budgie wifie will pull the plug on him before too long.

Was hardly a classic game, but 3 points on the first day is always a good start, especially against that lot.  

Was listening to Radio Scotland on the way home after the game, and i re-listened to the podcast and something Willie Miller said got me thinking.

He said that he didn't think the game overly physical and said that the fact the players from both sides didn't seem concerned by some of the challenges going in. We dished it out as much as we got it. You play Hearts, you've got to be prepared to match up.

I used the term 'hammer throwers' yesterday to describe Hearts, but have we as fans been softened to the physical aspects of the game.

Looking back on yesterday all we saw were 2 very committed teams giving no quarter and being nothing than fully determined to win.

It actually irritates me to hear fans howling for a foul or a card to brandished when it's neither.

30 years + ago these sort of challenges were the norm. No??

• Upvote 1

Was listening to Radio Scotland on the way home after the game, and i re-listened to the podcast and something Willie Miller said got me thinking.

He said that he didn't think the game overly physical and said that the fact the players from both sides didn't seem concerned by some of the challenges going in. We dished it out as much as we got it. You play Hearts, you've got to be prepared to match up.

I used the term 'hammer throwers' yesterday to describe Hearts, but have we as fans been softened to the physical aspects of the game.

Looking back on yesterday all we saw were 2 very committed teams giving no quarter and being nothing than fully determined to win.

It actually irritates me to hear fans howling for a foul or a card to brandished when it's neither.

With all due respect though, what went on 30+ years ago isn't relevant. The laws of the game are different today from what they were then.

Clare should've been off for his challenge on Wright, Ikpeazu was very lucky not to go for his "challenge" on McKenna + his persistent fouling, Lewis Ferguson was also lucky not to see red early in the 2nd half too. While Hickey was justifiably red carded.

Agree on calling for a foul/card for every challenge. Irritates the fuck out of me, few of us were talking about this yesterday. Few folk around us near having heart attacks screaming for bookings/sending off etc.

Don't get me wrong Hearts are a physical shithouse of a team, however the reactions of some folk in the crowd to some of the tackles were cringy.

What is annoying is when there is no consistency from the ref.

A'bodys gan soft.

Agreed we have certainly been softened over the years, however, anyone that has ever played football knows that some of the Hearts tactics yesterday were "leaving the foot in" "going over the top of the ball" and scynical fouls designed to stop any Aberdeen rythm that we had certainly built up in the first half hour. That is not just a very commited physical team. that is todays anti football. I admit Aberdeen got dragged into the battle a bit but if you look at the first 30 minutes of the game Aberdeen were trying to play slick football and then only after being constantly fouled did we start to get involved in the physical side.