Scotland Vs Kazakhstan & San Marino

Shinnie was very poor, but at the very least he was looking for the ball and prepared to take responsibility.  Some of the those players in the midfield were hiding like cowards.  If Shinnie had got a run in the midfield he couldn't have been worse than John McGinn, who had an absolute horror show of epic proportions.  Can't believe he's escaped criticism.

Shinnie was very poor, but at the very least he was looking for the ball and prepared to take responsibility. Some of the those players in the midfield were hiding like cowards. If Shinnie had got a run in the midfield he couldn't have been worse than John McGinn, who had an absolute horror show of epic proportions. Can't believe he's escaped criticism.

McGinn is the Grandson of the SFA president.

He will never be criticised.

Firstly "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" i.e. ex-football players, now pundits, and were mediocre themselves back in the day, should be gagged from over criticism of today's crop.

Secondly the manager, in my opinion, is the most important man in the team - motivation, tactics, team shape etc. As an aside currently reading a book called " The Barcelona Way". Trust me it is no accident that Pep gets results and, given his work ethic and principles, he would get Albion Rovers challenging for next season's 2nd Division. As for McLeish I reckon that he is mostly to blame for last night's debacle. Going back to Pep he always has a game plan, even if 2-0 down (see last week). By comparison McLeish looks completely clueless. Strachan, who I didn't even like when he played for Dons, was far superior as Scotland boss and at least understood tactics and was able to convey them to the players.

McLeish is a dead man walking and IF we fail in some shape or form against San Marino on Sunday I suspect that all hell will finally explode.

I know he had a really bad game yesterday but some of the criticism directed at Shinnie from pundits in the press seems a bit personal and way over the top. He had a terrible game as did the rest of the team but the 2 players in this interview can hardly deem themselves to have been world class and be in a position to say he brings nothing to the game of football.

EX-RANGERS striker Gordon Dalziel has launched a stinging attack on Graeme Shinnie over his Scotland display against Kazakhstan.

The Aberdeen midfielder had a nightmare as he deputised for Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney at left-back in the humiliating 3-0 Euro 2020 qualifier loss

Speaking on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard, Raith Rovers legend Dalziel slammed the Dons hero.

He said: “It’s only opinions - it’s not a witch-hunt against a player.

“I’m not a Shinnie fan. I do not know what he brings to football and Scottish football.

“He was dreadful at left-back. Yes, he can have that little bit of an excuse that he plays midfield with Aberdeen.

Dalziel didn't hold back in his criticism of the Dons ace

“But he started at left back and he knows how to play the role.

“The two full-backs were absolutely dreadful

“For the first goal, I don’t think the two centre-halves cover themselves in glory.

“I think the team were woeful.”

He added: “The first goal, he [shinnie] tries to play the lad offside. He steps forward and his two centre halves are deeper than him.

“It’s schoolboy stuff, it’s laziness. For the second goal, I thought it was a terrific pass.

“The third goal sums him up perfectly for me. He doesn’t track his runner and doesn’t tell McKenna...he does nothing.”

Ex-Celtic full-back Mark Wilson also stuck the boot into the 27-year-old Dons skipper, who’s out of contract at the end of the season and has been in fine form for his club in recent times.

He said: “Gordon, you're right. I hate singling players out. But it’s impossible not to single Graeme Shinnie out.

“I think he is in the squad because he’s decent in midfield and he can play there [at left-back].

“He’s there for worst-case scenario. Our worst-case scenario is our two world-class left-backs out injured.

“But the worst-case scenario should still be enough to plug those gaps.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4027584/shinnie-dalziel-rangers-aberdeen-scotland-kazakhstan/

Gordon and Mark. Lets discuss you illustrious Scotland careers.

I'm waiting!!!

Exactly how many Scotland Caps did you two tinks get between you?  (1 I believe).

Get yoursellves to fuck!!!

• Upvote 1

Shinnie was very poor, but at the very least he was looking for the ball and prepared to take responsibility.  Some of the those players in the midfield were hiding like cowards.  If Shinnie had got a run in the midfield he couldn't have been worse than John McGinn, who had an absolute horror show of epic proportions.  Can't believe he's escaped criticism.

Never rated Alex the Kid.  Shinnie made a cunt of him every time we played Hibs

Gordon Dalziel was one of the worst players in one of the worst Rangers teams of all time. 

I think what he should be doing is shutting his fucking mouth, because on his worst day Shinnie is twice the player that fat nosed cunt was on his best. 

it was a team of players who look like it was picked at the football game at lunch time. pals being split up, nobody knows your name. 

who's picking up who, i'm scared to shout at my team mates for assistance. 

400 fans went, i hope they managed to get to do something else.

The three most profitable crimes in Kazakhstan are the sale of drugs, weapons, and people.  gvnet

So the fitba might have been keech, but a wander into any of their open air markets could see the weary fitba fan stock up on heroin, AK47s, and Kazak sex slaves, guaranteeing even the most jaded Scotland fan a terrific end to their trip. 

In fact, by the sounds of things, skipping the fitba altogether and just heading to the market sounds like the better idea. 

The three most profitable crimes in Kazakhstan are the sale of drugs, weapons, and people.  gvnet

So the fitba might have been keech, but a wander into any of their open air markets could see the weary fitba fan stock up on heroin, AK47s, and Kazak sex slaves, guaranteeing even the most jaded Scotland fan a terrific end to their trip. 

In fact, by the sounds of things, skipping the fitba altogether and just heading to the market sounds like the better idea. 

Completely wasted on those tartan trumpets.

Shinnie getting it tight from all angles. It's no excuse but he genuinely has hardly played left back since he came to us.

What's the likes of McGregors excuse for being absymal yesterday apart from him having down syndrome?

That he's overrated and generally just a big fish in a very little and shite pond?

The whole team were pish but Shinnie made some high profile mistakes that led directly to goals and he knows himself how bad it was, he seems to realise that it will be hard to come back at international level after that.

The rest of the team must be delighted that he’s taken the spotlight off them.

ah mind a game he played against celtic at hampden for ICT. he was absolutely flying that day at left back.

if you don't have that souness chest puffed out mentality when it comes to moving up a level then it is difficult to produce the goods like you did when you were the big man in a wee team.