Top 10 Euro Nights on AFC Website

Was at all games so far barring Juventus.

Still unsure whether Ipswich or 1983 Bayern game, undoubtedly rated in top 3 by AFC, is my favourite.

Would be interested to hear if anyone around who was at all games, including Juventus, and what they rate as best Pittodrie Euro game ever

Bayern Munich 2-2 Aberdeen

A bunch of workmanlike pros holding a team of WC winners to a draw. The bounce for the goals was unreal.

McGhee in that Ujpest game was a fucking god.

I'll fight any cunt who disagrees.

As a player no-one can doubt how good he was for Aberdeen. Shame he was a total cunt as our manager. But despite that I'll always have great memories of his huge contributions as a Dons player despite him being a bit of a cunt as a person. I'd take cunts like him as a player any day of the week if they had even half of his desire and sheer will to win. And ability too.

You look back on that team that took Real to pieces and realise, "Holy fuck... we had some genuinely world class players in that side."

As a kid you don't understand what you've got, and by the time you're old enough to appreciate it it's gone and you're left with Jamie Langfield, Stuart Duff, and Gary McfuckingDonald. 

5c52ccf94ce1f6.37553620-558x372.jpg

Totally agree Kelt.

It's why I don't tend to criticise McGhee as much as others despite the fact he was undoubtedly a cunt here as manager.

For me the good will always outshine the bad when it comes to McGhee at AFC. He was a fantastic player for us who always gave his all. A large percentage of the players that have played for us in the last 35 years or so since he left are not fit to tie his boot laces.

I hate Mark McGhee more than most Huns to be honest.

An absolute and utter wanker of a man, IMO completely tarred his legend status when he was here as manager.

Whether it was when he admitted he'd have preferred the Celtic job, when he made up that he was spat on after Raith put us out the cup, or if it was the "only 3 points" remark after maybe the most embarrassing defeat in the clubs history, the guy truly stole a wage from the club and made a mockery of the decent people that are loyal to the dons. Willie Miller wasn't a successful manager with us but many still call him 'God.' McGhee is a complete and utter buffoon.

Fuck him and his seagull face.

Fair point. How the fuck did we pull that off with that shower of pish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7236397.stm

Aberdeen: Langfield, Maybury, Diamond, Considine, Mair, Nicholson, Walker (Touzani 87), Severin, Aluko, Mackie (Lovell 68), Miller

Bayern Munich: Rensing, Lell (Lahm 46), Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen, Altintop, Ottl, Ze Roberto (Podolski 66), Schweinsteiger, Toni, Klose (Schlaudraff 80)

Anyone in that team we'd take today?

Aberdeen: Langfield, Maybury, Diamond, Considine, Mair, Nicholson, Walker (Touzani 87), Severin, Aluko, Mackie (Lovell 68), Miller

Bayern Munich: Rensing, Lell (Lahm 46), Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen, Altintop, Ottl, Ze Roberto (Podolski 66), Schweinsteiger, Toni, Klose (Schlaudraff 80)

Think Podolski could do a job for us.

• Upvote 1

Podolski aside, I'd say Nicholson and Severin.

I guess we'd take Considine, or McInnes would. When you look at our 5 strikers, Lee Miller would be ahead at least a couple of them. Goal hero Josh Walker, still only 30 and about to start his third season with Edinburgh City. He peaked early.

True, could probably say same for Lovell as Miller. Jamie Smith not featuring that night but in the squad as well.

Wouldn't take 08 Consi over 19 Consi though...

True, could probably say same for Lovell as Miller. Jamie Smith not featuring that night but in the squad as well.

Wouldn't take 08 Consi over 19 Consi though...

Agreed. If I recall Considine was total mince in the first half against Copenhagen.