Aberdeen 2 - 1 St Mirren

Clubfoot injured, Saints therefore short of defensive options.

Play Cosgrove and Main up front, per Killie game.

Similar outcome expected, if not more.

They’re not short of defensive options.

The two centre halves that played against us in Paisley are both playing today.

Curtis Main was in their back pocket all day.

That’s because he’s utter shite & should be nowhere near an Aberdeen shirt.

Horrendous signing.

Cosgrove has developed so well it's actually a real shame we don't have a good partner for him.

Main is really the player we though he was when he joined- not AFC level.

Depends. Either needs a Scott Booth type clever runner off him (which Main certainly ain’t) or a battering ram type to take the pressure off Cosgrove a bit and let him get on the end of the knock downs. Arguably Main could be the latter. That’s certainly how I saw him. That and pressing which also isn’t Coagrove’s forte.

But it’s utterly pointless expecting him to be something he’s not which is basically the no10 we’re crying out for.

Depends. Either needs a Scott Booth type clever runner off him (which Main certainly ain’t) or a battering ram type to take the pressure off Cosgrove a bit and let him get on the end of the knock downs. Arguably Main could be the latter. That’s certainly how I saw him. That and pressing which also isn’t Coagrove’s forte.

But it’s utterly pointless expecting him to be something he’s not which is basically the no10 we’re crying out for.

I never received really understood the Main signing.

I think he'd be a good player for a Ross County, Hamilton or Inverness or some plucky battling side.

He's not what we need. He's not even a Motherwell level player..

I wouldn't mind the experimenting in the transfer market if I thought we'd make quick decisions and be prepared to move on if they don't work out.

But we tend to keep flogging a dead horse.