Pet Hates

StandFree1982

10 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Did similar (Not Archibalds) with a sofa recently purchased and saved best part of 400 quid. 

Extra 3 weeks to wait for it but not fussed about that one bit if it means that big a saving.

Hope it wasnt an independent shop you screwed over - bad form that. 

Correction, was Andersons, nae Archibalds. 

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It is. Kobi's carpets up near Tannadice/Dens. I'll get a pint in the Troll after. I challenge anyone to find a weirder themed pub that that(or a dirtier one)

The now-defunct Miners Club in Stirling was a mire of filth coupled with the complimentary wafts of foost and strang. Stopped off there now and again en route to away trips to Glasgow. 

Even the poor kids that were sent down the mines in the 17th century were subject to better conditions than the patrons of that club.  

The artistic work of one patron who daubed "Smack is guid for ye" on the bog wall was one of the most interesting parts of the hostelry. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The now-defunct Miners Club in Stirling was a mire of filth coupled with the complimentary wafts of foost and strang. Stopped off there now and again en route to away trips to Glasgow. 

Even the poor kids that were sent down the mines in the 17th century were subject to better conditions than the patrons of that club.  

The artistic work of one patron who daubed "Smack is guid for ye" on the bog wall was one of the most interesting parts of the hostelry. 

A fine establishment.

Someone punched a hole in the wall from the pool room and you could shout your order through the asbestos and fiberglass to the bar area and a manny resembling the character often depicted in the Red Final would bring through the pints and Reefs.

3 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

A fine establishment.

Someone punched a hole in the wall from the pool room and you could shout your order through the asbestos and fiberglass to the bar area and a manny resembling the character often depicted in the Red Final would bring through the pints and Reefs.

Great as a Rod Stewart song covered by The Stereophonics. 

5 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

A fine establishment.

A very quirky purveyor of beers, alcopops, and spirits.

I remember the boy you are referring to, looks like one of the characters fae the huns in the Red Final. 

Last time we was in there, it ran out of beers and spirits, and sadly yet another hostelry was closed down soon after. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

A very quirky purveyor of beers, alcopops, and spirits.

I remember the boy you are referring to, looks like one of the characters fae the huns in the Red Final. 

Last time we was in there, it ran out of beers and spirits, and sadly yet another hostelry was closed down soon after. 

1-1 away to the Huns? Severin piledriver.

Can't remember going in after 05/06 anyway.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Also no longer in existence. Now the finest Chinese restaurant in the area. 

That was a decent pub as well. As was the place directly across the road, can't remember the name. 

17 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It was the 3-2 defeat away to the tims (Craig Bellamy winner) in 2004-05 was the last time we were at the Miners Club. 

Wow. Can't believe it was that long ago. 

8 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

That was a decent pub as well. As was the place directly across the road, can't remember the name. 

Wow. Can't believe it was that long ago. 

It sure is loon. 

Cannot remember the pub across the road from it?.

The only thing I remember being across from it was an underpass (a muggers/robbers paradise) clarted in graffiti, leading to a poverty-stricken area of Stirling, once you passed over the roundabout between the pub and underpass. 

Edit: Sorry it was/is the Commercial Hotel in Larbert you are referring to. I thought you were on about a pub across from the Miners Club in Stirling.