Been going through my old mans stuff, he died the other week, was a bit surprised to come across an AFC share certificate, he was never a wealthy man but seems he bought a share once upon a time. Never knew my da owned a tiny part of the club, kinda made me chuffed.

It's just one share, does anyone know the script, how do we get it transferred to someone else like my mum? can't imagine it's worth much but anyone know how much? not selling whatever it is, just interested, I'm thinking 20 quid.

He also had/has a granite slab, used to be out the back of the dick donald, #topdon.

Been going through my old mans stuff, he died the other week, was a bit surprised to come across an AFC share certificate, he was never a wealthy man but seems he bought a share once upon a time. Never knew my da owned a tiny part of the club, kinda made me chuffed.

It's just one share, does anyone know the script, how do we get it transferred to someone else like my mum? can't imagine it's worth much but anyone know how much? not selling whatever it is, just interested, I'm thinking 20 quid.

He also had/has a granite slab, used to be out the back of the dick donald, #topdon.

Sorry to hear that. In terms of value I'm sure you have to find someone willing to buy it privately, I assume he had more than one share?

Are the granite slabs still there?

Sorry to hear that sir

Thanks MT.

Been a tough time but he smiled to the end, he knew he was dying but took it on the chin, never complained.

Not looking for sympathy though and he would "cringe" at a 80th minute applause, lol, just want to know how to transfer the cert.

BTW, Anyone looking to get rich start a rest home, 800 sheets to get a body from the hospital to the rest home, 750 to hire a hearse for 2 hours, it's all a fucking rip off, 6 thousand final bill, wish I'd chucked him in my boot and buried him in the garden.

Sorry to hear that.

The granite slabs have been relocated inside the RDS concourse, build into the wall facing the food kiosks. Look pretty good as all cleaned up.

If it's just One share why not just keep the certificate as is, as a memento to your fathers love for the club.

It'll kinda loose its real value(to your family) otherwise if you transfer to another name.

Thats what I would do anyway.

• Upvote 2

I own a share myself which was biught through joining the Afc Trust donkeys years ago. I don't even know where the share certificate is tbh.

From what I recall the financial value is very low - much less than 20 quid I think. But its not about that anyway I guess.

Sorry to hear about the old fella.

If it's just One share why not just keep the certificate as is, as a memento to your fathers love for the club.

It'll kinda loose its real value(to your family) otherwise if you transfer to another name.

Thats what I would do anyway.

Transfer the share so the kid gets the benefit, but keep the old certificate for the sentimental value.

80th minute abuse coming up in tribute.

Sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks folks, wasn't looking for sympathy but thanks all the same, original idea was to get it put in my mums name but after reading this will just get it framed and give to my daughter, she's a season ticket holding top don and loved her granda, thanks folks. :) The cert is smart, my mum never even knew he had it till he was dead, god knows when he bought it. That my dad owned a tiny part of the club makes me feel proud, will start walking to the front of the pie queue telling people it's my manor.

He got buried with a small angus the bull btw and his red and white scarf on, just looked like he was sleeping, almost brought a tear to my eye.

• Upvote 6

Be as well returning to those who purchased then so they can put in their gardens instead.

I noticed they were missing, think we were 50 quid for it, not really a monetary thing but most were probably bought as memorials, I did think it was poor form for them just to go missing. Looked like they tried to clean them but it scrubbed the writing off some of them, next thing they were no longer.

I noticed they were missing, think we were 50 quid for it, not really a monetary thing but most were probably bought as memorials, I did think it was poor form for them just to go missing. Looked like they tried to clean them but it scrubbed the writing off some of them, next thing they were no longer.

They are in the RDS Concourse, incorporated into one of the walls, all cleaned up and looking good

Sorry to hear that chief....hopefully you had more luck than I had when I had to go thru the old mans stuff when we were clearing out his stuff round at my mothers...not so much calls to David Dickinson...more informing the local dump to get a couple more skips on stand-by...