Let's All Laugh At England

Correct me if Im wrong dynamo but what law did he break?

He did t accept anything illegaal, bung etc

You don't understand what i said.

I don't think this on it's own would have got him the bullet, did he confess to anything else to the FA??

He was filmed here with what were meant to be dodgers but weren't, he put himself in that position. How many times could he have been with actual dodgers and taken a bung for example?

I don't think this on it's own would have got him the bullet, did he confess to anything else to the FA??

He was filmed here with what were meant to be dodgers but weren't, he put himself in that position. How many times could he have been with actual dodgers and taken a bung for example?

OK so we are in agreenent then?

Correct me if Im wrong dynamo but what law did he break?

He did t accept anything illegaal, bung etc

[sigh]

FFS, as someone else has said it's not actually necessary for you to defend everything to do with English football.

From the Times:

"Sam Allardyce left his job as England football manager last night after he was caught telling undercover reporters how to bypass rules on player transfers... In a sting operation by The Daily Telegraph, Allardyce was filmed negotiating a £400,000 deal to work for what he believed was a football agency from the Far East and making remarks about bypassing “ridiculous” FA and Fifa rules banning third-party ownership. The system is popular in Latin America, where individual investors or companies can buy the economic rights to a player and control which club he plays for, but banned in Britain.

He also made critical remarks about his predecessor, Roy Hodgson, whose speech impediment he mocked, and about Prince William, the FA president."

Are you getting this yet? He agreed to bypass the FA's own rules in exchange for cash!

As the FA's most high-profile employee his position is obviously untenable.

I have literally no idea why you are trying to defend the indefensible. The only possible sympathy for the man rests in the fact that these undercover 'sting' operations by journalists are little better than entrapment, but as others have pointed out, if you're going to be England manager then you need to be whiter than white.

He's guilty of greed, corruption, terribly poor judgement, naivety and a complete disregard for the rules of his employer. To say nothing of the fact that grubbing around looking for an extra £400k when you already earn a salary of £3m per year is just so fucking tacky.

End of.

[sigh]

FFS, as someone else has said it's not actually necessary for you to defend everything to do with English football.

From the Times:

"Sam Allardyce left his job as England football manager last night after he was caught telling undercover reporters how to bypass rules on player transfers... In a sting operation by The Daily Telegraph, Allardyce was filmed negotiating a £400,000 deal to work for what he believed was a football agency from the Far East and making remarks about bypassing “ridiculous” FA and Fifa rules banning third-party ownership. The system is popular in Latin America, where individual investors or companies can buy the economic rights to a player and control which club he plays for, but banned in Britain.

He also made critical remarks about his predecessor, Roy Hodgson, whose speech impediment he mocked, and about Prince William, the FA president."

Are you getting this yet? He agreed to bypass the FA's own rules in exchange for cash!

As the FA's most high-profile employee his position is obviously untenable.

I have literally no idea why you are trying to defend the indefensible. The only possible sympathy for the man rests in the fact that these undercover 'sting' operations by journalists are little better than entrapment, but as others have pointed out, if you're going to be England manager then you need to be whiter than white.

He's guilty of greed, corruption, terribly poor judgement, naivety and a complete disregard for the rules of his employer. To say nothing of the fact that grubbing around looking for an extra £400k when you already earn a salary of £3m per year is just so fucking tacky.

End of.

No he didn't.

Massive long post on it the TOD

Correct me if i am wrong but the cash was/is for future work in the far east not BANNED STUFF IN BRITIAN as you put it in bold.

Youre guilty of Maas hysteria and overuse of hackneyed football clichés like untenable and Whiter than whute.

Greed? Tacky? Yeah cause houd turn down half a Mill for a few days all extensies paid work in the Sunny far east.

Massive long post on it the TOD

Correct me if i am wrong but the cash was/is for future work in the far east not BANNED STUFF IN BRITIAN as you put it in bold.

Youre guilty of Maas hysteria and overuse of hackneyed football clichés like untenable and Whiter than whute.

Greed? Tacky? Yeah cause houd turn down half a Mill for a few days all extensies paid work in the Sunny far east.

:clangers2:

I give up.

If you think this constitutes mass hysteria (eh?) then you are overstating my interest in the affair.

He's made a total cunt of himself in what he described as his 'dream job' and very obviously had to go. Let's just leave it at that.

:clangers2:

I give up.

If you think this constitutes mass hysteria (eh?) then you are overstating my interest in the affair.

He's made a total cunt of himself in what he described as his 'dream job' and very obviously had to go. Let's just leave it at that.

bluto is on of these trolls who think a couple of posts on a forum constitutes an obsession or hysteria. best to put him ignore and stop your eyes from bleeding on a daily basis.

The media have gone after him because he's England manager and if they can dig up dirt on an England manager it's big news and sells papers. They do it with every England manager.

Can't say I'm surprised... you'd have thought he'd have learned from being part of that Panorama investigation in 2006.

The way some people are going on it's as if the Telegraph went out to get the England manager for the sake of it, when in fact they were investigating corruption and one of the main culprits happened to be the England Manager who fell hook, line and sinker for their bait.

Can't say I'm surprised... you'd have thought he'd have learned from being part of that Panorama investigation in 2006.

The way some people are going on it's as if the Telegraph went out to get the England manager for the sake of it, when in fact they were investigating corruption and one of the main culprits happened to be the England Manager who fell hook, line and sinker for their bait.

From everything I had read, Sam wasn't even one of the targeted managers. He bumbled in to it.