Malky Mackay

The texts are a total nothing. Every single person on here has done a lot worse. She is a wee cracker the bird too.

i doubt very much he sees the texts as a total nothing, they lost him his career, he's going to have a very hard job gaining people's respect.

he was the 2nd choice for the SFA after Austin McPhee. Based on the SFA being as much use as a set of spam wiper blades, I reckon this is a stupid appointment and Mackay will fail badly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38314905

anti racism group has backed the appointment

I think the reaction to this has been OTT, lots of Scotland fans seem to think he should be given a life sentence even if he has shown remorse and taken part in re-education. Time will tell if its the right appointment or not. I don't think he should be treated like a lepar for the rest of his life because of this mistake.

I've no doubt some moron will see my post as condoning racism

• Upvote 1

anti racism group has backed the appointment

That was very interesting and I wonder what motivated it.

Maybe he has done some good work to merit a second chance?

I think the reaction to this has been OTT

Me too, he was joking with a friend in what he thought were private texts.

I don't think he genuinely held any of the sentiments expressed.

People will clutch their pearls over this, then happily pay money to listen to Frankie Boyle or the like.

Mixed-up BS.

They've tried a few different approaches, Wotte was a technical coach but would have no influence on scottish football thinking and McClair obviously came with a coaching reputation for being organised at man utd but man utd youth structure has been in decline lately and who knows what influence McClair had there? They've now appointed in effect a club manager? Seems a very odd choice. Strangely I think people like Macphee and Cathro at Hearts would have been better suited to these roles. They have both built up ccoaching clinics that have prospered through word of mouth and in both cases have brought through some very good players.

Someone like Levein might also have been worth a shot. I have heard he's good with youth development and since he went to hearts they've done pretty well.