Aberdeen V Livingston

Because you need to work very, very hard at specific ways of playing

Drilling into the players how to play at Ibrox is very different to how to play at home to st Mirren

If we could do both well, we would win the league but thats not realistic

I really shouldn't be having to explain this

So you are suggesting that our players are only capable of playing one way and it needs to be continuously drilled into them before they can be competent at it?

I take your point but disagree, players should be capable of adapting to a number of different scenarios.

• Upvote 1

To say you expect to beat the Glasgow two and the filler, is to say you expect to win the league

I don't expect to win every game, far from it.

I do expect a group of players to be able to adapt to different formations or different situations and be able to play in more than one way.

But as I said, maybe I'm giving players too much credit.

Your theory certainly seems to be holding more weight than mine in this instance anyway.

Major missed opportunity to close the gap there, the huns were always going to drop points v killie.

I blame dave_min and his negative waves, before the game.

Even if we do struggle to break down teams which are sitting in, we should still see the game out if we take the lead, esp against mid table dross.

• Upvote 1

I'm not even sure this "one or the other" debate holds water. It's not as if we have regularly beating the "big two" and suffering against the smaller teams as a result. Since our last home league win we've played Celtic or Rangers 5 times winning only once. Whilst also failing to beat Stenhousemuir, Killie, St Mirren, Hamilton and Livi at home.

• Upvote 4

I'm not even sure this "one or the other" debate holds water. It's not as if we have regularly beating the "big two" and suffering against the smaller teams as a result. Since our last home league win we've played Celtic or Rangers 5 times winning only once. Whilst also failing to beat Stenhousemuir, Killie, St Mirren, Hamilton and Livi at home.

I heard that. 

Was audible.

You should speak more often.