Partick Thistle V Aberdeen (0 - 1)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5000 dandies at Ibrox, or the Huns at Pittodrie has chaos, utter chaos written all over it.

Try 10,000.... home club are bound to provide up to 20% of capacity in Scottish Cup...... Sevco at Pittodrie would have about the same as Oldco used to get for league games.

• Site Sponsor

Pretty shit that they couldn't put him in some of the empty seats at the side of the stand.

There'll be loads of this kinda thing at the LC semi.

Naw. He had loads of chances. He was just a knob who should have known better. I'm not a fan of the authorities but guy fucked it for himself.

5000 dandies at Ibrox, or the Huns at Pittodrie has chaos, utter chaos written all over it.

Let the games begin

• Site Sponsor

We're not so great that we can just turn up and beat the shite teams.

Difference is that now the team seems to appreciate that.

Couple of seasons back we would have turned up Billy Big Bawsing, and right now we'd be out of the cup.

Good post

It wasnt much of a game, but happy with a win. Our "restricted view" seats turned out pretty good :)

I had the impression Partick were sh*tting themselves, expecting to be beasted (again).

But we didnt have much guile in attack, maybe we were expecting to win simply by turning up, though Magennis livened things up a bit, when he came on.

Good to see McInnes out screaming on the touchline, he obviously cares a lot.

Defence was good, though Langfield couldnt kick his own arse, let alone a pass back.

General comments:

- what a f*cking fire trap that ancient rickety main stand is, eh? It hadnt improved one iota since I was last in it, ages ago. A disgrace.

- how shite is the catering at firhill? It took us about 20 minutes to buy an effing pie at tjhe tiny catering outlet (serves a massive 2 people at a time); there was general outrage when the que discovered Partick had only cooked 500 pies in advance and were now desperately trying to cook more. Some boy said "500 pies? This isnae raith rovers ye are playing!". Also their bovrill game me acid indigestion. C*nts.

- what a sh*tey home support, and no joke. We went drinking with 3 partick fans afterward. I dont know what the other 50% of their home support did.

Agree with this assumption.

Weirdly flat atmosphere and apart from the noisy wee bunch behind the goal thistle fans seem to have forgotten their team was playing. Very poor support.

Langfield was poor: dodgy kicking and he flapped at that shot spilling it right in front of him which could easily have resulted in a goal.

Smith was poor when he came on poor touch when he underhit a pass at the end nearly cost us a goal and he spurned a very good chance from the mcginn rebound when he tapped a side footer goalward instead of getting his foot through it.

Reynolds v solid defensively but distribution v poor

Zola - did nothing bar miss a header from about 3 yards out. Still don't see the point in him at all.

Rest of team i thought were very solid and Considine in particular was excellent. He had a couple of vital blocks and is now catching our strikers in the goals tally.

Overall we did enough and are through. Onwards and upwards

To be fair it really should have been more than 1-0, particularly with the first half showing. There was an overall flatness about the game though but just glad we're in the hat today. We didn't ever look like conceding, everyone across the back were solid, Considine especially.

More than happy.

To be fair it really should have been more than 1-0, particularly with the first half showing. There was an overall flatness about the game though but just glad we're in the hat today. We didn't ever look like conceding, everyone across the back were solid, Considine especially.

More than happy.

Correct.

Usually when Aberdeen are 1-0 up I proceed to watch the rest of the game through my hands, especially cup games.

The second half was the most relaxed I've felt about a game all season, no way were Partick ever scoring.

Agree with this assumption.

Weirdly flat atmosphere and apart from the noisy wee bunch behind the goal thistle fans seem to have forgotten their team was playing. Very poor support.

Langfield was poor: dodgy kicking and he flapped at that shot spilling it right in front of him which could easily have resulted in a goal.

Smith was poor when he came on poor touch when he underhit a pass at the end nearly cost us a goal and he spurned a very good chance from the mcginn rebound when he tapped a side footer goalward instead of getting his foot through it.

Reynolds v solid defensively but distribution v poor

Zola - did nothing bar miss a header from about 3 yards out. Still don't see the point in him at all.

Rest of team i thought were very solid and Considine in particular was excellent. He had a couple of vital blocks and is now catching our strikers in the goals tally.

Overall we did enough and are through. Onwards and upwards

I'm no Zola fan, by any stretch, but his movement to get him into the position to get his napper on to it was brilliant.

Did anyone see what was on the banner that got confiscated by the stewards at half time ? Guys beside me said it was something about Doncaster and sevco

None so blind as those who refuse to see.

Ogilvie, Doncaster, Regan, We know what you have done.

The truth will be outed.

3 men and a cup ?

It wasnt much of a game, but happy with a win. Our "restricted view" seats turned out pretty good :)

I had the impression Partick were sh*tting themselves, expecting to be beasted (again).

But we didnt have much guile in attack, maybe we were expecting to win simply by turning up, though Magennis livened things up a bit, when he came on.

Good to see McInnes out screaming on the touchline, he obviously cares a lot.

Defence was good, though Langfield couldnt kick his own arse, let alone a pass back.

General comments:

- what a f*cking fire trap that ancient rickety main stand is, eh? It hadnt improved one iota since I was last in it, ages ago. A disgrace.

- how shite is the catering at firhill? It took us about 20 minutes to buy an effing pie at tjhe tiny catering outlet (serves a massive 2 people at a time); there was general outrage when the que discovered Partick had only cooked 500 pies in advance and were now desperately trying to cook more. Some boy said "500 pies? This isnae raith rovers ye are playing!". Also their bovrill game me acid indigestion. C*nts.

- what a sh*tey home support, and no joke. We went drinking with 3 partick fans afterward. I dont know what the other 50% of their home support did.

that would have been me, sma world. the pie I went away with was stone cold and nae fit for a seagull.

Sma world indeed! What height are you btw? 6'6"? Massive anyway!Surprisingly, the ones we got were actually OK, could have been warmer but still edible!

Shambolic catering planning from Partick!

yip 6'6, good shout.

that stand in general is shambolic, 1 shitey little catering hole slightly bigger than a cash point and a 2 mile trek in tunnels that resemble a mental from the crystal maze to get a piss. nae good like.