Champions League

They'll need to completely overhaul their defensive set-up then, because holding such a high line against Liverpool was absolute madness. Last night Liverpool only really needed to knock the ball long, wait for Roma to fuck-up, pounce on the second ball then sweep forward and create merry hell in the second wave. And Roma need goals remember, so they're chasing the game against probably the best counter-attacking team in Europe.

I really can't see Liverpool not scoring in Rome next week.

Totally agree on all points,but that 2nd goal gives that tiny element of doubt.

If Roma can score early and totally overhaul their defence as mentioned then theres a chance albeit a small one.

It might be worth a cheeky tenner...

Found myself celebrating a Liverpool goal for the first time in a very VERY long time (Salah first).

Hope they make the final, will probably hit the town to watch it.

They are very good to watch going by the last 3 games I've sat and watched 90 minutes of, I normally only last half an hour (ooo er).

Back on the bandwagon, now they've put together a decent team?

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

If I was back on the bandwagon, I'd have been on it when they were close to winning the league, so your logic is pish.

Say Real Madrid will win the tournament however, just so Liverpool will win it...

Fair enough... one night of plastic celebrating in a pub with other Aberdonian Scousers probably doesn't count.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Madrid are so good at winning, despite being bang average. Bayern really disappointing in the second half last night, bit like Roma just slack and passes not finding their man.

Final between Madrid and Liverpool too close to call, but said that last year and RM blew Juve away.

Madrid are so good at winning, despite being bang average. Bayern really disappointing in the second half last night, bit like Roma just slack and passes not finding their man.

Final between Madrid and Liverpool too close to call, but said that last year and RM blew Juve away.

Yeah completely dominated the comp recently all bar one season.

(Mind you I'd say Atl Madrid, amongst others, have only themselves to blame for that)

Yet a far superior team in late 00s\early 10s Barcelona were never able to do that.

Despite better player and arguably weaker competition.

Guardiolas fault?

• 1 month later...

Blistering tournament so far

Real v Liverpool final, goals galore?

Oh yeah, they're raining in from every angle. 0-0 half time. Good start from Liverpool but Madrid have weathered that and to me there's only one winner from here.

Oh yeah, they're raining in from every angle. 0-0 half time. Good start from Liverpool but Madrid have weathered that and to me there's only one winner from here.

U wot m8

4 goals not enough for you?

Silly boy

Not so silly. Read sentence 2. £140 coming in 3 minutes time.

Karius is shite but it's klopps fault

1) Danny ward unused

2) for not buying a proper keeper

1) Danny Ward did ok for us, but is what he is, 3rd choice for Liverpool. Doesn't make him a bad keeper but not as good as the guy in goals for them most of this season., so really poor attempt at a comparison.

2) agreed, but contradicts your 1) as it would then make Danny Ward 4th choice.