• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 07:19 AM

http://the4thofficia...d-move-parties/

Could Hayes be the big announcement?

What would be big about that?

I think the big announcement thing will be bullshit same as it was this time last year.

But if there is some announcement coming it'll really have to be more than just signing another player to qualify as "big" imo

#1863 ONLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted Today, 07:27 AM

Apaarantly Devlin is now100% fit and the position which has been prioritised to bring a player in at the moment is defence

McInnes is making the addition of a defender the immediate priority to increase competition for Shay Logan and Andrew Considine in the full-back areas in particular

And while the Aberdeen manager doesn’t have a massive budget 
available he has vowed to use every penny to keep the pressure on Rangers for second place.

He added: “We’re light at the back so we need to get another defender in. That’s probably the area we’re concentrating on at the minute.

“If you can’t always bring 
something better, bring 
something different to the team. That’s what we’ll try to do.

“Hopefully we’ll utilise the budget we’ve got and spend what we’ve got. I’m not going to leave anything.

“If there’s a budget there to spend we’re going to try to spend it and get the best level of players in.”

https://www.dailyrec...rdeens-12784712

#1864 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 07:38 AM

"doesn't have a massive budget"

What the fuck is that about?

Players who have left (making budget available presumably) >
Harvie
Maynard
Stewart
Christie
O'Connor
Arnason
Ball
Chidi
McLean

Hopefully soon Tansey

Brought in >
Gleeson
Forrester
Ferguson

#1865 ONLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,491 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

10 out

5 in (Tansey and Ross loan returns)

I'd expect Tansey and one or two others to move out on transfer/loan

So the out list will end up being at least 12.

We've got the biggest football budget in years.

Someone is indeed telling porkies.

COYR!

#1866 ONLINE   GDON21

GDON21

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted Today, 08:03 AM

Just from watching a couple of interviews with the manager I feel he isn't going to rush any transfers. Usually at this time of year he feels we have a good chance of progressing in the Europa League and tries to get players in early and because of that he maybe misses out on better players later in the window. After drawing Burnley which of course we could still win but will be a struggle he will maybe go with largely the squad we have now as the chances are we will be knocked out anyway. This then leaves him the rest of the window to potentially get in better players who become available once other clubs start signing and give us a better crack at things domestically.

#1867 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 08:05 AM

Regarding talk of a player to compete with Logan and Considine. It better be a natural left back we get in. If we sign a right back and then suddenly realise we need him mostly at left back I'll be seriously unimpressed.

And of course Shinnie is the other option if we sign a battling midfielder etc etc.... Yadda yadda..

Edited by V for Vendetta, Today, 08:06 AM.

#1868 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

How much TV money might the Burnley game bring in?

#1869 ONLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

I reckon the DNA money IS the transfer budget. Wages included.

Think the club has pulled the wool over fans' eyes, by not explicitly stating this. Have a feeling we'll all be left disappointed come September.

#1870 ONLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

Just from watching a couple of interviews with the manager I feel he isn't going to rush any transfers. Usually at this time of year he feels we have a good chance of progressing in the Europa League and tries to get players in early and because of that he maybe misses out on better players later in the window. After drawing Burnley which of course we could still win but will be a struggle he will maybe go with largely the squad we have now as the chances are we will be knocked out anyway. This then leaves him the rest of the window to potentially get in better players who become available once other clubs start signing and give us a better crack at things domestically.

I actually see it as an added incentive for players to sign with us. The opportunity for an English championship/ league 1/ SPL player to compete against a EPL outfit would appeal to many. Gleeson perviously mentioned European football drew him to Aberdeen. We need to take advantage of the fact we are still competing in Europe this season. The WC has given us extra time to source potential players.

@ V for Vendetta - remember we've already spent a fee on Forrester and will presumably be paying a fee for Ferguson. DM also indicated at the time that both Cosgrove and Devlin were actually summer signings.

He's still in for McGeough, is looking at a centre back, a striker to replace Maynard and a winger (possibly Hayes). As always lets wait and see what happens.

Edited by CalgaryDon, Today, 08:21 AM.

#1871 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 08:22 AM

I reckon the DNA money IS the transfer budget. Wages included.

Think the club has pulled the wool over fans' eyes, by not explicitly stating this. Have a feeling we'll all be left disappointed come September.

Can't see it happening quite like that. The football budget won't be reduced - McInnes wouldn't stand for it imo.

81 user(s) are browsing this forum

13 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users