Sevco Thread

was just having a look at what room for manouvre they have in transfer window this summer....

Contract ending

McGregor, Davis, Wallace, McAuley, Kent, Coulibaly, Worrall, (Hodson)

Joining/Returning

Jones, Alnwick, (Hodson), Holt, Docherty, Rossiter, Dodoo, Hardie, Herrara

Theyve also got plenty senior players not making squad at moment like Dorrans, Fodringham, McAuley, Grezda, Flanagan, McRorie, Wallace, Murphy and Middleton.

A lot of wheeling and dealing to be done then

Good post. 

It's a complete rebuilding job in the summer, and if anyone thinks that Gerrard is remotely capable of that then they need their head examined. 

Good post.

It's a complete rebuilding job in the summer, and if anyone thinks that Gerrard is remotely capable of that then they need their head examined.

slippy is lookin for a way out of dodge. He is hopeless and took on more than he could chew. Fk him and fk all who are attached to the divin cheating minks. They won’t get much for son of mattress, and possibly no one will have him which leaves ranjurz left with him and his massive wage increase to pay.....

Surprised that McGregor is only on a 1 year deal up in the summer. Mind you, going by the way he was acting last night, it'd be no surprise to see him admitted to a secure unit in the not too distant future. Looked as if he was on something... Eyes bulging and roaring in our players' faces....if he isn't, his behaviour is way beyond that of a normal person

Lets be honest, the only people who thought they could win the league this year was the Sevco fans themselves. Most of us said that Gerard was a massive gamble and it doesn't look to be paying off. They were so caught up in the whole 10 in a row pish that they have forgotten that they need to beat everyone, not just Celtic. They thought everyone else was cannon fodder and they would walk all of us. 

They are also in tonnes of debt and have a huge rebuilding job in the summer and do they really trust him to spend millions in the market and bring in the right players? I doubt it. Gerard is a novice and its why McInnes is getting the better of him! 

1 win in 7 against us for Sevco... for them that is completely unacceptable, but that arrogance is one of the reasons why they wont win the league and very likely wont end Celtic's dominance. The Scottish leagues are different from when the OldCo was in it, the game has changed and they havent changed with it.

Long may this continue 

It’s what happens when one side of the negotiating table are sitting fingers crossed thinking I’m totally bluffing about my abilities here and the other side are sitting, fingers (and eyes) crossed thinking we’re totally bluffing about our resources here, with neither side thinking through the inevitable consequence of each side calling the others bluff.

Euro run has absolutely bailed them out so far.

When Gerrard was appointed there were a good few comments from sevconians supposedly "ITK" who insisted that he was only there as the "face" of the club, a big name able to give credibility in their future player recruitment ( would Davis and especially Defoe have joined up had Pedro or Murthy remained in charge??) but that the brains behind the operation was MacAllister.

Whatever the truth, Gerrard did look last night like he was a man who had realised that he had been found out and ready to jack it all in. I'm sure he will stick it out for now as he would realise that walking away would likely end his managerial career before it had really begun. He got lucky this year that a totally unexpected European run has provided northwards of £10 million that they hadn't budgeted for so his outlays on new players has turned out to be cost neutral and he will get a decent chunk of cash to spend again this summer, especially if Freddo goes ( they'll get nowhere near the £20million some zoomers on Sevco media are expecting though). Difference is next season the sevco board will demand silverware to show for their outlay.

When Gerrard was appointed there were a good few comments from sevconians supposedly "ITK" who insisted that he was only there as the "face" of the club, a big name able to give credibility in their future player recruitment ( would Davis and especially Defoe have joined up had Pedro or Murthy remained in charge??) but that the brains behind the operation was MacAllister.

Whatever the truth, Gerrard did look last night like he was a man who had realised that he had been found out and ready to jack it all in. I'm sure he will stick it out for now as he would realise that walking away would likely end his managerial career before it had really begun. He got lucky this year that a totally unexpected European run has provided northwards of £10 million that they hadn't budgeted for so his outlays on new players has turned out to be cost neutral and he will get a decent chunk of cash to spend again this summer, especially if Freddo goes ( they'll get nowhere near the £20million some zoomers on Sevco media are expecting though). Difference is next season the sevco board will demand silverware to show for their outlay.

It's a free hit for Gerrard, he does well, great, if he's shite then his mates in the media will say he was on a hiding to nothing due to the huns being a basket case club.

I think he might leave in the summer with his name intact due to closing the points gap on celtic and qualifying for the European group stages.

Would love to know how much cash they've pissed away on him as well.  Hope to fuck they don't make the group stages next season.

The boy Davis is fucking shite as well.  Someone was banging on about him being an awesome signing.

Folk really need to fucking learn that the EPL is overrated shite and really isn't that much of a higher standard to our own game.

Just north of £30K a week on Defoe I gather; Davis similar.

When you consider their club's ongoing financial issues, those are eyewatering sums.

Some good news for Sevco at last.

"Rangers become latest Scottish team to offer free sanitary products for fans"

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17500644.rangers-become-latest-scottish-team-to-offer-free-sanitary-products-for-fans/

"A Rangers spokesman commented: 'While it may appear we are almost a year behind other Scottish clubs in introducing this, Rangers has always been well ahead of the curve. Products for insertion into fannies have been high-priority at Ibrox for decades - as our ever-popular pie franchise demonstrates.'"

It's a free hit for Gerrard, he does well, great, if he's shite then his mates in the media will say he was on a hiding to nothing due to the huns being a basket case club.

I think he might leave in the summer with his name intact due to closing the points gap on celtic and qualifying for the European group stages.

You do realise that Celtic won the league by 9 points last season. They will be knowhere near 9 points come end of season.

The problem is Gerrard is that he’s a manager that could lose the dressing room very quickly. Naming and shaming players after game and taking no responsibility at all. His style of management works fine when winning but if you go on bad run shit can hit the fan very fast. If killie can get a result next and they get horsed by Celtic the fans will be in uproar. If only we could win our next 3-4 games to put pressure on them!

Hope AFC aren't doing this.  Absolutely no concessions should be made for wimmin at the fitba.  If anything we should be just getting rid of the wifies toilets entirely.

I'm hearin you, min.

Try to tell myself it's just lads wi seventies haircuts and social values, but the reality is there's still quinies gettin in the ground.

Like tryin to keep mice oot...

You do realise that Celtic won the league by 9 points last season. They will be knowhere near 9 points come end of season.

The problem is Gerrard is that he’s a manager that could lose the dressing room very quickly. Naming and shaming players after game and taking no responsibility at all. His style of management works fine when winning but if you go on bad run shit can hit the fan very fast. If killie can get a result next and they get horsed by Celtic the fans will be in uproar. If only we could win our next 3-4 games to put pressure on them!

I think people are underestimating the affect that Rodgers leaving will have on Celtic. 

I see them dropping more points under Lennon than they would have done under Rodgers. Not enough to let the Huns back in it mind you, but I don't think they will run away with it as much as people think. 

Don't forget Jamie Murphy and Graham Dorrans, and the strain that they will be putting on the Sevco wage bill, for fuck all return.

I saw somewhere that Phil Mac GivenName reports between Defoe, Davis, Dorrans & Murphy alone the wage bill is £130K a week.

Bearing in mind nane ithim are first-choice starters.

If true that is utterly tragic. £130K a fuckin week. So much desperation, so little result.

To be fair to Gerrard he had improved the huns' home form in all competitions (including Europe) they have only lost twice at Ibrox all season.

How fucking sweet is it that both of those defeats were to Aberdeen :-) And that they failed to score in either game or when we beat them at Hampden.

Imagine the meltdown from their fans is we beat them at Ibrox yet again post split? 4 defeats in Glasgow in the one season to ourselves (3 of them at the snake pit) would I think push several of their self entitled fans over the edge. I predict a pitch invasion ala their cup final defeat to Hibs if that happens. They just won't be able to take it.

• Upvote 1

Taking no responsibility?

"You DO realise" that he magnaminously took full responsibility post match, yeah?

Havnt seen his post match stuff from this game. But from majority of post match interviews I’ve seen he’s thrown quite a few players under the bus. But of a shame he’s learning!

Taking no responsibility?

"You DO realise" that he magnaminously took full responsibility post match, yeah?

Aye but Gerrard's idea of taking responsibility is pure self-aggrandisement - "I'm the main man, it's all about me, I take full responsibility."

But taking responsibility in reality would then involve, "I got the team selection wrong, My subs were ineffective, I made the same mistake as before trying to shoehorn X & Y into the formation".

What actually happens: "The players let the fans down, The referee was biased, Our opponents were a disgrace, X & Y were shite and didn't do their jobs." :laughing:

He's a slippery fucker - says he's taking responsibility, then proceeds to throw every other cunt under the bus.