One Hit Wonders

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno

Not sure if you're making a point that this was their only true hit in terms of quality or coolness, or if you simply don't realise but Dexy's had a few hits in the early 80s the most obvious being their more commercially successful Come On Eileen.

I will add

Paul Hardcastle - 19

Crash Test Dummies - Hmmm hmmm hmmm (not 100% certain that was their only one though)

Brian and Michael - Matchstick Men...

Actually so many coming to mind now I can't be arsed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure if you're making a point that this was their only true hit in terms of quality or coolness, or if you simply don't realise but Dexy's had a few hits in the early 80s the most obvious being their more commercially successful Come On Eileen.

I will add

Paul Hardcastle - 19

Crash Test Dummies - Hmmm hmmm hmmm (not 100% certain that was their only one though)

Brian and Michael - Matchstick Men...

Actually so many coming to mind now I can't be arsed.

19 was ace

Not one for political sentiment, that's for minks and Indy folk, but I did like the tune.

Not fussed about the lyrics

Man, any number of novelty songs that makes this subject like shelling monkey nuts. Telly Savalas, Benny Hill, Clive Dunn, St Winifreds School Choir, The Snowman dude can't remember his name, Adrian Gurvitz, Nena, Nicole, Lena Lovich, Jilted John, Eye Level The Simon Park Orchestra. All of those from "my era" late 70s to early 80s.

• 1 year later...