New Stadium Approved

Exactly the house is a dump and we have the opportunity to buy a new one.

If we miss the odd holiday we'll survive.

Edit:

Betty makes the perfect case for the new stadium. Living in a house that meets your most fundamental needs is far more important than an extra holiday a year or whatever.

It's a sensible long term investment versus spending money on stuff that doesn't really last.

AFC has the 5th biggest gates in Scotland but has the 3rd biggest revenue, this is mainly due to the larger corporate facilities that we have in comparison to the Edinburgh teams.

I'm not a business expert like a lot of people on here, however I'm sure that the banks would give the club a loan to bridge the funding gap based on the increased corporate revenues and also pretty certain that they would insist that the loans would also be personally underwritten by the clubs directors.

• Upvote 1

AFC has the 5th biggest gates in Scotland but has the 3rd biggest revenue, this is mainly due to the larger corporate facilities that we have in comparison to the Edinburgh teams.

I'm not a business expert like a lot of people on here, however I'm sure that the banks would give the club a loan to bridge the funding gap based on the increased corporate revenues and also pretty certain that they would insist that the loans would also be personally underwritten by the clubs directors.

Now we’re getting people with intelligent answers.

This is exactly how it will work

Guest milne_afc

Why is Thursday's game being played in the Georgian capital and not at Sachkhere's home ground?

I thought Uefa making teams play elsewhere was a myth invented by Stewart Milne?

Mental

Why is Thursday's game being played in the Georgian capital and not at Sachkhere's home ground?

I thought Uefa making teams play elsewhere was a myth invented by Stewart Milne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2XwZ-Fmfs

Dave Cormack claimed if we got to the group stages last season the capacity would be cut to 12,000 for European games.

I can't recall Milne claiming something so fucking nonsensical, just nonsense about pitch size and run offs.

If we get through and it doesn't happen which it won't they'll claim George Yule's equally made up grandfather rights.

Strange club.

• Downvote 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2XwZ-Fmfs

Dave Cormack claimed if we got to the group stages last season the capacity would be cut to 12,000 for European games.

I can't recall Milne claiming something so fucking nonsensical, just nonsense about pitch size and run offs.

If we get through and it doesn't happen which it won't they'll claim George Yule's equally made up grandfather rights.

Strange club.

It’s just weird how UEFA want stadiums up to a certain criteria, but let games go ahead at places like the ROPS game?

Growing revenue not profit

Profit isn’t all the bank takes into consideration. Football clubs are rarely run at a profit on purpose. Also to be considered for a business loan, major banks tend to look for around 20% of the funding to be in place (and that’s high) so with the sake of Pittodrie looking at 10-15m that should give AFC a pretty strong footing. Also take out the higher running costs of Pittodrie, we’d have more money available for a loan.......if we need it.

Profit isn’t all the bank takes into consideration. Football clubs are rarely run at a profit on purpose. Also to be considered for a business loan, major banks tend to look for around 20% of the funding to be in place (and that’s high) so with the sake of Pittodrie looking at 10-15m that should give AFC a pretty strong footing. Also take out the higher running costs of Pittodrie, we’d have more money available for a loan.......if we need it.

Correct, why would a football club want to run a profit. Surely the aim is to break even or thereabouts every season.

• Upvote 1