Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen

What a lot of shite.

Ok then you explain when Fergie ever just meekly accepted defeat to anyone when he was Dons manager? Or when he was at United? His mentality is in a different stratosphere to that of a McInnes. We all know if he was young and starting out managing the Dons now he couldn't do what he did in the 80's. But his mentality would still be exactly the same. That's what set him apart although from your comment you seem to disagree with that.

No way would Fergie have come out with that pathetic inferiority pish McInnes did the other week before we played Sevco at home. No fucking way. I'm old enough to remember the Fergie era.

• Upvote 2

A positive attitude should be the absolute bare minimum before becoming a manager...…..

That's exactly the point I'm making. No-one expects McInnes to achieve what Fergie did but having a defeatist attitude when talking publicly about the ugly sisters is unforgivable. I want a Dons manager who is positive and tried to inject sheer belief into his players regardless of who we are playing.

You'd like to think that McInnes will have learned from our recent game against Sevco and use the similar high energy pressing from the front tactics that got us back into that game and salvaged a draw from 0-2 down.

However I'm not sure he will. He will see the Livingston and Hearts matches that follow the tims game as the more important ones. If you offered Del defeat at Parkhead but wins in the next two games he'd snap your hand off. Fergie wouldn't. That's the difference.

With our record at Tynecastle getting 6 points from the next 3 is a good return regardless of how they are won. 

All he has to say in public is that its a tough game but we're going all out to win it as he expects Aberdeen to try and win every game.

It's not hard.

Exactly. When did anyone ever see Fergie show even an ounce of an inferiority complex in any of his dealings with the press? He knew never to show any sign of weakness whatsoever even if inside he felt his team were inferior no way would he ever say that to his players or the press. That is the difference. A strong minded manager who shows no fear can make a big difference. Fergie is the perfect example as many times he won the big trophies when his team arguably wasn't the best, most talented or most expensively assembled.

Aye

McInnes can worry all he wants when he's lying in his bed

But his job is to motivate and instill confidence and belief. With his team, his staff and the supporters.

Everyone knows we'll lose games. People can handle that without him telling us "we can try out best to get close to what we want"

People will accept defeat if they know everyone has given their all to try and win.

Cormack is all positive messaging in public.

Hopefully he's not a snake oil salesman! Time will tell

True. Hopefully we don't ever hear a "Scotland needs a strong Rangers" type comment from him at any point during his tenure. I'm hoping as a proper lifelong Dons supporter that he knows better than to come out with anything like that sort of shite.

Bottom line is that it's up to any manager, in any profession, to motivate their staff. Coming up with this defeatist pish before every game against the ugly sisters is bound to rub off on the players. Doesn't inspire confidence amongst supporters either. It just sums up to me that he is in an unhealthy comfort zone at Pittodrie.

Ok then you explain when Fergie ever just meekly accepted defeat to anyone when he was Dons manager? Or when he was at United? His mentality is in a different stratosphere to that of a McInnes. We all know if he was young and starting out managing the Dons now he couldn't do what he did in the 80's. But his mentality would still be exactly the same. That's what set him apart although from your comment you seem to disagree with that.

No way would Fergie have come out with that pathetic inferiority pish McInnes did the other week before we played Sevco at home. No fucking way. I'm old enough to remember the Fergie era.

You have to be pragmatic though. Even the squad Fergie inherited when he took over in 78 was vastly superior talent wise than any one that McInnes has had ( in the 40 odd years since what has improved dramatically is the sports science stuff...players nowadays are unquestionably far fitter) and also the financial gap between us and the arse cheeks was nowhere near the gulf that it is now. I think if Fergie was in charge of the current squad, he would initially employ the same safety first tactics that DM always uses against the cheeks, The big difference is that Fergie would quickly learn that it doesn't work particularly well and would change to a different system fairly quickly......whereas DM just carries on regardless.

• Downvote 1

You have to be pragmatic though. Even the squad Fergie inherited when he took over in 78 was vastly superior talent wise than any one that McInnes has had ( in the 40 odd years since what has improved dramatically is the sports science stuff...players nowadays are unquestionably far fitter) and also the financial gap between us and the arse cheeks was nowhere near the gulf that it is now. I think if Fergie was in charge of the current squad, he would initially employ the same safety first tactics that DM always uses against the cheeks, The big difference is that Fergie would quickly learn that it doesn't work particularly well and would change to a different system fairly quickly......whereas DM just carries on regardless.

You're right and I did say that if Fergie was young and Dons manager now he wouldn't have had anything like the same success that's fairly obvious. But I was talking about his mentality and that would still be exactly the same and even now I think he would believe he could take teams to Glasgow and properly compete with a genuine belief we could win. He would install that belief in his players that was one of his great strengths. He would never say anything to the press or his players that would create the impression his team were inferior. That is a sign of weakness and that is just not the Alex Ferguson way. Unfortunately it is the McInnes way.

Spot on

A positive attitude costs nothing.

He can still be respectful in the press and not spout his defeatist garbage

You're right and I did say that if Fergie was young and Dons manager now he wouldn't have had anything like the same success that's fairly obvious. But I was talking about his mentality and that would still be exactly the same and even now I think he would believe he could take teams to Glasgow and properly compete with a genuine belief we could win. He would install that belief in his players that was one of his great strengths. He would never say anything to the press or his players that would create the impression his team were inferior. That is a sign of weakness and that is just not the Alex Ferguson way. Unfortunately it is the McInnes way.

I agree but I suppose we don’t know what he say’s to them them in the dressing room.

It could be his form of everyone thinks we are pish and are to get beat 5-0. Go out and prove them wrong.

But yeah I’d be being positive and firing in all sorts of bullshit. - “we’ve done analysis and tactically we know where they are vulnerable” “We’ve spotted a weakness that we will exploit” make them second guess what you are on about.

You look a right dick if you say you are going to win and get cuffed but you can still play mind games.

It’s all back to the fact that 99.9% of fans know that both the fuckers have better players than us and to even it out you need to get torn in and give them no time on the ball.

Instead we sit off and await the inevitable.

Fergie & McInnes comparisons lol

Even in mentality of approach to games lol

McInnes couldn’t even win a coin toss against Fergie, even if he was given first call & two choices. He’d probably pick the edge of the coin & the the coin defying gravity as a safety precaution after asking ten defenders for their opinions

• Upvote 4

Fergie & McInnes comparisons lol

Even in mentality of approach to games lol

McInnes couldn’t even win a coin toss against Fergie, even if he was given first call & two choices. He’d probably pick the edge of the coin & the the coin defying gravity as a safety precaution after asking ten defenders for their opinions

Hahaha so true.

Point I was making that there must be managers out there with the Fergie siege mentality.  Obviously Sir Alex was a complete one off and probably the greatest manager ever to be involved in football

Guest the shepherd

Fuck the facilitation of paedophilia, Fuck the green brigade, Fuck Torbett, King, Cairney and McCafferty, Fuck their self-pity, Fuck their condoning of acts of terrorism. Fuck celtic.