Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Madame Mews for late lunch today. Tremendous. Just opened on Thursday at Summer Street (between Rusticos and Union Street, next to the Pizza Express), having been in the New Market before. Still the best value quality grub. We had the Moo Dad Diaw, a Thai Green curry and the Beef (served cold) spicy salad. Thank fuck the pork arrived first because after a couple of mouthfuls of the spicy salad, I could barely taste it and needed some of the green curry to cool the palate down, and that had a nice kick in it.

Impossible to eat it all today so took the rest of the beef salad home. It is the spiciest they've ever served it and almost at the limit for me and I'm a huge fan of food that kicks your fucking head in, but only with Thai spices normally. Strongly recommend. Every dish costs around £6 or max £7 and given that they're still getting Thai customers, that kind of says it all. Ok to walk in after 2 but at busy times, phone or e-mail to book. We couldn't get in when we phoned early on Saturday as it was already fully booked. Will be a great success, a superb independent eatery.

Is that next door to the small Thai supermarket then ? Often go there for ingredients but haven't been in town for yonks 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

My wife was a bigger fan of PT but I can't see past the Beef salad, which I've probably ordered on half my visits to MM.

Both exceptional. Stacey is magic. Hope she and the Hong Kong cafe find a future. The chinese place between the two Thais had been refurbed or taken over by new owners and was always full of chinks. Having lived in HK for six years, a good chinese would always be my first choice but the wife prefers Thai.

There's a fairly new Thai restaurant in Rosemount too. Haven't been in it but my mates friendly with the owner and commented that it was a bit over priced but good. Same owners have the one at Hazelhead , the old garden centre. Went there a couple of times also good 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Must be an age-tolerance thing. I never ate bacon until my 40's and never touched coffee until my 50's but only espresso when I'm out. This started in Siena. I was watching the drip drip drip into this wee cup before the gangster looking mobster type in a sharp suit and amazing shoes got served with it. I didn't even know what is was that he necked in a one-ner but I asked the waiter for one and it was magic. Only have an espresso where I know it's good, the Shamrock and Thistle in Stoney being the best, because the owner is a freak who's right into it and tells me stuff about coffee prep that's way over my head. I just like his product.

Yer taste buds definitely change , mature with age. Olives were another i couldn't do but love em now  

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Madame Mews for late lunch today. Tremendous. Just opened on Thursday at Summer Street (between Rusticos and Union Street, next to the Pizza Express), having been in the New Market before. Still the best value quality grub. We had the Moo Dad Diaw, a Thai Green curry and the Beef (served cold) spicy salad. Thank fuck the pork arrived first because after a couple of mouthfuls of the spicy salad, I could barely taste it and needed some of the green curry to cool the palate down, and that had a nice kick in it.

Impossible to eat it all today so took the rest of the beef salad home. It is the spiciest they've ever served it and almost at the limit for me and I'm a huge fan of food that kicks your fucking head in, but only with Thai spices normally. Strongly recommend. Every dish costs around £6 or max £7 and given that they're still getting Thai customers, that kind of says it all. Ok to walk in after 2 but at busy times, phone or e-mail to book. We couldn't get in when we phoned early on Saturday as it was already fully booked. Will be a great success, a superb independent eatery.

Glad to hear they have opened up in new premises, the best Thai Restaurant in town IMO.

That Thai beef salad is the dogs bollocks, use to clear the plate, spicy sauce, lettuce leafs the lot.