Qatar May Have Been A Mistake Says Sepp Blatter

Fairly obvious they were massively corrupt.

This all happened because England lost out to Russia for 2018 and could not believe that anyone could possibly turn down their bid.

Well they prob did have the best bid tup.

The Brits are prob the most football mad of all countries and are long over due a world cup.

Nothing wrong with spreading the game but Australia, for a start, are far more deserving of a first world cup than Russia.

Don't think the FBI answer to the English FA.

It's much simpler than that, everyone else on planet earth listens to the English and the Americans.

If they don't, like this lot appeared to think they could get away with, they get destroyed, by whatever means necessary.

The FBI was involved to get access to all their phone and email records. The English started the ball rolling.

What human rights abuse?

does this count?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/17/qatar-world-cup-worker-amnesty-report

A damning Amnesty report has raised fresh fears about the exploitation of the migrant workers building the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, amid a rising toll of death, disease and misery.

The report – published a week after Fifa's president, Sepp Blatter, met the country's emir and declared Qatar was "on the right track" in dealing with workers' rights – claims that some migrant workers are victims of forced labour, a modern form of slavery, and treated appallingly by subcontractors employed by leading construction companies in a sector rife with abuse.

The report, based on two recent investigations in Qatar and scores of interviews, found workers living in squalid, overcrowded accommodation exposed to sewage and sometimes without running water. It found that many workers, faced with mounting debts and unable to return home, have suffered "severe psychological distress", with some driven to the brink of suicide. Discrimination is common, according to the report, which says that one manager referred to workers as "the animals".

does this count?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/17/qatar-world-cup-worker-amnesty-report

A damning Amnesty report has raised fresh fears about the exploitation of the migrant workers building the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, amid a rising toll of death, disease and misery.

The report – published a week after Fifa's president, Sepp Blatter, met the country's emir and declared Qatar was "on the right track" in dealing with workers' rights – claims that some migrant workers are victims of forced labour, a modern form of slavery, and treated appallingly by subcontractors employed by leading construction companies in a sector rife with abuse.

The report, based on two recent investigations in Qatar and scores of interviews, found workers living in squalid, overcrowded accommodation exposed to sewage and sometimes without running water. It found that many workers, faced with mounting debts and unable to return home, have suffered "severe psychological distress", with some driven to the brink of suicide. Discrimination is common, according to the report, which says that one manager referred to workers as "the animals".

No. A normal day in oil and gas construction that.

They know what they're getting into. Not buying that at all.

Living like kings once they do get home.

It's much simpler than that, everyone else on planet earth listens to the English and the Americans.

If they don't, like this lot appeared to think they could get away with, they get destroyed, by whatever means necessary.

The FBI was involved to get access to all their phone and email records. The English started the ball rolling.

Pretty sure it's cos the bribes etc were in USD.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully this will be the thin end of the wedge.

Usually when an organisation that's corrupt to the core is investigated over one thing it starts to unravel as those responsible start talking to save their own necks.

Would be fucking brilliant if FIFA got torn to pieces.

I wonder how much Russia and Qatar have shoved into the pockets of FIFA officials in the last few years alone, in order to get major competitions played in their fucked up countries.

Go Team America, you cunts.

Although there has been some iffy going on's I'm not quite sure why the Yanks feel they have the need to expose this...they are after all the most corrupt nation on the planet...just another case of the U.S. sticking its nose into something that has fuck all to do with them.

Although there has been some iffy going on's I'm not quite sure why the Yanks feel they have the need to expose this...they are after all the most corrupt nation on the planet...just another case of the U.S. sticking its nose into something that has fuck all to do with them.

Aside from millions being laundered through American banks, American citizens being involved, and the President of CONCACAF (The United States Zone) being arrested for corruption.

Put it this way, UEFA likely knows as much, if not more, than the Yanks do about the institutionalised corruption that goes on in FIFA, but European authorities have done absolutely fuck all about it for decades and likely never would.

The Yanks haven't fucked around.

Aside from millions being laundered through American banks, American citizens being involved, and the President of CONCACAF (The United States Zone) being arrested for corruption.

Put it this way, UEFA likely knows as much, if not more, than the Yanks do about the institutionalised corruption that goes on in FIFA, but European authorities have done absolutely fuck all about it for decades and likely never would.

The Yanks haven't fucked around.

You're right they don't fuck around...they exterminated 3000 of their own people to push thru possibly the most corrupt conflict in history...they should stick to cowards rugby and leave the beautiful game to the folk who appreciate it.

You're right they don't fuck around...they exterminated 3000 of their own people to push thru possibly the most corrupt conflict in history...they should stick to cowards rugby and leave the beautiful game to the folk who appreciate it.

...I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you'd rather FIFA was allowed to continue to be the corrupt organisation it has been, a closed shop for the super-rich, rather than see the Americans do something about it because Europe was too gutless?

I admire your principles if not your rationality, if that's the case.

rather than see the Americans do something about it because Europe was too gutless?

It's fairy obvious you've been totally brainwashed during your time in the US...is this what they teach you happened in WW2..."Europe was too gutless"...Football (soccer in your country) is our game and we don't need the USA using it as a tool to "up" their "we do the right thing" agenda...surely an educated man like yourself can see that the U.S. are doing this as a political move.

It's fairy obvious you've been totally brainwashed during your time in the US...is this what they teach you happened in WW2..."Europe was too gutless"...Football (soccer in your country) is our game and we don't need the USA using it as a tool to "up" their "we do the right thing" agenda...surely an educated man like yourself can see that the U.S. are doing this as a political move.

Everything is political. However I'm less concerned by the ulterior motive... and at this point I've not a clue what that might be... than I am by the fact that FIFA is finally being brought to task.

If it takes the FBI to do it then more power to them.

As for WW2, all I know is America saved the world and there was something about Germany being involved, maybe. Close?

Everything is political. However I'm less concerned by the ulterior motive... and at this point I've not a clue what that might be... than I am by the fact that FIFA is finally being brought to task.

If it takes the FBI to do it then more power to them.

As for WW2, all I know is America saved the world and there was something about Germany being involved, maybe. Close?

Close enough chief...close enough

Didn't the yanks bid for one of those world cups?? Probably pissed off about that.

Agree with you on the yanks, massive warmongering hypocrites those cunts.

I reckon the NSA nailed FIFA and I'm certain Edward Snowden would concur.

Agree with you on the yanks, massive warmongering hypocrites those cunts.

I reckon the NSA nailed FIFA and I'm certain Edward Snowden would concur.

If Britain wasn't so well known for going along with every American war like a slightly simple puppy you might have a bit more of a point :)